Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Does your trunk leak through the taillights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does your trunk leak through the taillights?

Simple question, does your trunk leak through the taillights?

I am trying to generate some interest here on having replacement gaskets made of silicone or another material which would seal the taillights better than the OE gasket.

I know mine leak really bad and I end up with water inside my trunk and outer taillights whenever it rains.

How much would you be willing to pay for a replacement set (each outer side) of the gaskets?
    Yes
    40.74%
    No
    59.26%

Mine leak but not into the trunck

Comment

My left tail light leaks
      Originally I thought it was the defunct antenna so I removed and plugged that hole but water still was getting into trunk. Eventually I noticed the corner of the left rear quarter panel was rusting right below the tail light. I'd definitely be interested in buying a new gasket but only if it was reasonably priced, otherwise I can just make my own.
      Being normal is probably the lamest thing you can try to be

Comment

Originally posted by AgentZero View Post
        Mine leak but not into the trunck
        That might just be from the aftermarket red-clears having a bad seal between the plastics.

Originally posted by Kboers View Post
        My left tail light leaks
        Originally I thought it was the defunct antenna so I removed and plugged that hole but water still was getting into trunk. Eventually I noticed the corner of the left rear quarter panel was rusting right below the tail light. I'd definitely be interested in buying a new gasket but only if it was reasonably priced, otherwise I can just make my own.
        I was hoping to get in the $15-$30 range for a set. (A new set from Majestic Honda is about $43 after shipping costs)

We will see.
        Last edited by EJX_Michael; 04-13-2011, 08:47 PM.

Comment

You do know people have gone to craft stores and bought the material and made their own gaskets right??

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
            You do know people have gone to craft stores and bought the material and made their own gaskets right??
            Nah, I didn't. I just wanted to see if there would be any interest for a possibly cheap drop in replacement.
            Last edited by EJX_Michael; 04-13-2011, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Well idk how much interest you'd find.

This would be one of those "now and then" needs when someone comes along.

But yea, just go to any arts&craft store and get the material that the gaskets are made of....get a huge piece and then cut it up and make your own.

I think, could be wrong, that CpMike does this.

Someone surely did it, i just can't remember who it was.

Comment

i had to caulk mine eventually, the left one stopped for a while now but the right one started the other day so i had to seal that one too
                IG:worldboss_sanjcb7

Comment

I voted no, but only cause I fixed the problem. They used to leak, but I re-sealed them. You can use butyl or caulk and you should be fine.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

I also voted no, I bought NEW OEM Honda ones late last year.
                    Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
                    CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
                    Coupe MRT

Comment

nope mines don't but my windshield does on some occasions

Comment

Working...
                      X