EXT: Lazy Black housing lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: Lazy Black housing lights

This DIY is for the lazy asses/broke/on a budget people that want to black out their headlights but dont wanna remove the bumper, use the oven, or any other time consuming method.

Step One:

__Make a trip to home depot. Go to the window section and look around for the window accessories...They sell a home window tint that blocks out light from coming into your home, but allows light to shine out. Cost will vary from size and quanity purchased. It is not dark as car window tint...looks niice actually...

Step Two:

__Cut a sheet of tint sizing the same as the head light...place the sheet onto the headlight...Use a card to push/slide out bubbles or creases.. the tint sticks like ..."that rubber dart material"..sorri i dont noe the technical word..

Step Three:

__With the tint laid on flat and evenly, use an Exacto Knife to cut off the extra tint...

Step Four:

__For the tint to last and stay on for a long time, use a blow dryer or heat gun to slight melt the tint material and use a card to flatten the material more...

Well my and my cuhzin did this to his 98 civic EJ8 coupe..looked just like the JDM black housing headlights...

thats my two cents. im sorri if its lame.

Aiko (then) & Ayu (now)

pics??
    The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
    Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
    Check out my JDM F22B swap
    Watch my CB7 video

Comment

if you mean the EK civic, aren't the EK civic's a very light gunmetal color?

On the other hand I did find some Ion Yellow Tint to play with

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

i need some pic
        I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

wouldnt the nipples (he he, i said nipples) on our headlights prevent us from doing this? or atleast make it harder.

Originally posted by fizzbob7
          first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
          Originally posted by ACC0RD22
          no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
          So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

i'll get pics soon..with my idiot self doing this method...but yeh thats why u use heat to melt the tint, so that the material forms around the *nipple*...it has a effect of black electric tape..i ono the technical phrase....gimme less than a week i'll have pics...peace.

Aiko (then) & Ayu (now)

Comment

sweet this will be interesting to see but if we put tint on the headlight won't that affect the light output??
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

~~~~~~~

Comment

sounds like an intersting diy. i got to see these pics.but those with "nipple" problems just get some jdm's no biggie!
                  95' BB2

My Members Ride Profile

Comment

still no pics? whatz really good ?

:Back In Business...

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
                      Aaaaah! There it is! Always loved that smiley.
                      Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                      2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                      2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Damn Still No Pics!!

Comment

without pics, this DIY is weak.

Vote for thread closure.
                          Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                          2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                          2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                          2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

so is ne1 going to attempt this and take pics or no??
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

for reals hook it up with some pics!

Comment

Working...
                              X