side molding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

side molding

does anyone know hot to remove the side molding, does it pop off or do u have to remove the inner door panel to get at it
    R I P
    91lx
    gone, but not forgotten

www.team-integra.net
    www.clubintegra.net

It should come off... I heard if you take your door panels off its alot easier to get off the door then pulling it off....
    -Chris
    HondaSociety SN: HondaAdict

-1992 Honda Accord EX (Wrecked)
    -1991 Toyota MR2 Non-Turbo (New Ride)

Comment

thanx, im goin for black molding on a gunmetal grey car
      R I P
      91lx
      gone, but not forgotten

www.team-integra.net
      www.clubintegra.net

Comment

i stuck a flat head screw driver behind it and pryed it up a little bit and then just pulled as hard as i could without damaging the body untill it popped off...but beware that u will break the plastic clips behind it and if u ever want to re install you can get them at your local honda dealership for about $10 a bag...

WHO CARES ABOUT THE STEREO, I WANNA HEAR MY EXHAUST!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

hmm, question..

Im thinking about removing my side moulding , basically just so it doesnt look as bad with my body kit.. but not shaving the line so it still has the line in the body.. any comments would be appreciated
          thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

by the way I have extreme sideskirts

Comment

The moldings have little plastic clips on the back(they will break easy). The easiest way is to get the moldings off is to pry the first clip off with a screwdriver and then the other clips slide off, (slide the molding peice) either to the right or left, i cant remember which way. Or if that dont work, take the door panel off, then inner plastic linner, and squeeze the clip out.--jay
              Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Originally posted by akkordlayinkit
                The moldings have little plastic clips on the back(they will break easy). The easiest way is to get the moldings off is to pry the first clip off with a screwdriver and then the other clips slide off, (slide the molding peice) either to the right or left, i cant remember which way. Or if that dont work, take the door panel off, then inner plastic linner, and squeeze the clip out.--jay
                It's easy to just say that. I have been trying for over and hour. With whatever I could find. It simply wont come off.
                NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

they are held by 2 strips of double sided tape, 3 clips, and a nut. the rear door trim is minus the nut. you will probably bend them when you remove them, so be prepared to buy new ones. later.
                  Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I would def take the door panels off. It is easy enough to do and you won't have to worry about breaking clips. Everyone hates broken clips.

http://www.tasauto.com - The Accord Experts

Comment

Working...
                    X