CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 06-10-2011, 12:19 AM   #1
CizzosCB7
Newcomer

CizzosCB7 is cool... so far.
NEED HELP CB7 Clutch problem

ok my girlfriend was driving her car one night parked it next morning got in to go to work and clutch pedal sucked to the floor so i replaced the master cylinder bled it still nothing tonight i replaced the slave cylinder bled it nothing happened to the pedal its either down on the floor or all the way up im at a loss i cant figure it out idk if this is an accord thing or what but everyone says it was the clutch master cylinder and when i replaced it and bled it nothing changed i think something broke off from the pedal but i dont know what can anyone help please and thank you need this fixed asap so if you have any advice text me at 9139992154 thank you any help is greatly appreciated
CizzosCB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:09 AM   #2
hondallday
CB7tuner Member

hondallday is cool... so far.
I would double check everything you replaced make sure you didn't forget anything. Check the pedal assembly, look at the bushings, return spring. and Check for proper operation.
hondallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:09 AM   #3
batever
CB7tuner Member

batever is cool... so far.
I would not have said clutch master cylinder in the first place. A faulty slave cylinder is what causes the pedal to suck down to the floor, generally.

Maybe the one you got to replace the existing one was defective.

or:

If the clutch fluid level is staying steady and you've bled the air from the hydraulic lines, then make sure the clutch pedal is correctly attached to the clutch master cylinder pushrod, which is what keeps the pedal up in the air normally.

If the clutch fluid level is not staying steady, you have a leak. given that you've replaced both master and slave cylinders, check the clutch hydraulic lines for any pinhole leaks and check all the areas where the hydraulic lines mate into anything as well.

good luck.
batever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
CizzosCB7
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by batever View Post
I would not have said clutch master cylinder in the first place. A faulty slave cylinder is what causes the pedal to suck down to the floor, generally.

Maybe the one you got to replace the existing one was defective.

or:

If the clutch fluid level is staying steady and you've bled the air from the hydraulic lines, then make sure the clutch pedal is correctly attached to the clutch master cylinder push rod, which is what keeps the pedal up in the air normally.

If the clutch fluid level is not staying steady, you have a leak. given that you've replaced both master and slave cylinders, check the clutch hydraulic lines for any pinhole leaks and check all the areas where the hydraulic lines mate into anything as well.

good luck.
When im bleeding it good fluid is coming out of the slave
Old 06-10-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
hondallday
CB7tuner Member

hondallday is cool... so far.
Have you checked the clutch sometimes the spring falls off and clutch becomes free.
hondallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
dj_ender
Mod\Dubstep Pusher

dj_ender seems to have made some friends! dj_ender seems to have made some friends!
I just recently replaced both cylinders in my cb and still had the issue of my clutch losing fluid after about 3 days. After countless rebleeds I came to the conclusion that the master cylinder had a small crack under the under side of the top mounted nipple. sounds like you either have a similar issue, or you may not be bench bleeding properly. If it's not bleed properly it will never operate correctly. Are you losing fluid anywhere I started losing some in the cabin, from the seal on the clutch piston on a previous cb.
dj_ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #7
1990cb7tn
CB7tuner Member

1990cb7tn is cool... so far.
i would either have some one with more knoledge tackle it and see what they think or if you have the means and time double check everything againa nd again.. i had the same problem with mine till i got a new trans and it was something in the trans loosing pressure or something...
1990cb7tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:10 PM   #8
batever
CB7tuner Member

You may have either a problem with the clutch pedal assembly or with the clutch release fork that the slave cylinder presses against. If there is something wrong with the clutch release fork or release bearing conceivably the pedal could drop to the floor (i think...i've never had to deal with such a problem) If I have time I will post some diagrams of each, but I can't right now. Ok here's the pedal:

Last edited by batever; 06-10-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #9
batever
CB7tuner Member

release fork and more:

Old 06-10-2011, 09:51 PM   #10
CizzosCB7
Newcomer

thanks for the diagrams and i just went and replaced the master cylinder thinking owrongly gave me a bad one rebled it and still nothing which makes me think its in the clutch pedal or something else but thanks for the diagrams i wish someone had this problem before lol and fixed it
Old 06-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #11
dj_ender
Mod\Dubstep Pusher

dj_ender seems to have made some friends! dj_ender seems to have made some friends!
You should look at the slave cylinder as well, they go bad just as much as the master.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #12
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
You should always replace both master and slave at the same time. When one fails, the other is usually not far behind.
When the master goes bad, it usually leaks fluid inside the car.

The clutch pedal is nothing more than a lever. The master cylinder piston has some adjustability, but that is the only thing that could be a problem down there. Your problem is with the hydraulics.

I've replaced both my master and slave cylinders (twice), and I am unable to get more than 1/2 pedal pressure. I did not bench-bleed either cylinder, and I assume this is where my problem lies. Most likely, the same goes for you.

A number of shady companies have been hiding links on my site to generate search engine backlinks. Google has caught on, and is now penalizing these companies. Now these companies want ME to remove the links for them. Since they created the links, they may remove them. Hidden in single-pixel images here are links to over a dozen companies that have abused this site, and ignored/refused my instructions to remove their links. Each link found in this signature will be removed as soon as I am notified that all other links to that site are removed from this forum.
deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #13
dj_ender
Mod\Dubstep Pusher

^^^ yup. I was reading somewhere that a guy was suggesting you push in the slave cylinder while you are expelling the fluid while bleeding. I thought this sounded stupid until I did it. Before my clutch would shift at a really low point, now after doing that, now it's at the right height and has a better feel to it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: