1994-97 front upper control arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1994-97 front upper control arms

I just snagged a pair of front upper control arms from what I believe to be a 1994-97 Accord. Not sure, because my friend had them lying around for years and doesn't remember the year of the Accord they're for. They're brand new with ball joints, bushings, etc.

Just wondering if these will fit on the 1990-93 model, because I compared part numbers and pictures on Advance Auto Parts' website and they do look to be slightly different. Searched, but couldn't really find an answer.
    1991 HONDA ACCORD EX COUPE
    2014 Volvo XC70 T6 AWD ----- 2000 Honda Odyssey LX
    2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S ------ 1994 Toyota Corolla DX
    2001 Subaru Outback --------- 1990 Infiniti M30

Originally posted by markj View Post
    I just snagged a pair of front upper control arms from what I believe to be a 1994-97 Accord. Not sure, because my friend had them lying around for years and doesn't remember the year of the Accord they're for. They're brand new with ball joints, bushings, etc.

Just wondering if these will fit on the 1990-93 model, because I compared part numbers and pictures on Advance Auto Parts' website and they do look to be slightly different. Searched, but couldn't really find an answer.
    no they are not the same.

Comment

I swore they were interchangeable
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
        I swore they were interchangeable
        well thats what i thought but when i went on TASAUTO they only have the upper control arm with the camber kit for the 90-93 maybe i didnt check correctly

Comment

They probably bolt right up but i bet there is a difference in length from mount bolts to balljoint which would explain a different part number.

Comment

I think it does bolt up. I got so many 4th gen shit on mine lol

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Well, I hope next weekend I'll have an opportunity to pull out the control arms on my car and see if the 5th gen ones fit or not. They look pretty similar.. just a different bend in the arms when you put them together, but other than that it doesn't look like that big of a deal.

Comment

It will more than likely fit BUT if the bends are off, it will throw caster off. If there's nothing wrong with yours and you just want to slap them on because they are new, then I'd suggest not doing it.

Comment

Well, I need new control arms and ball joints badly, and these were free, so I just wanna know if they'd be alright to use. But yeah you're right, I forgot about that. When I get mine off, I'll compare and take some shots and see how different they really are.

Comment

Originally posted by YK86 View Post
                    It will more than likely fit BUT if the bends are off, it will throw caster off. If there's nothing wrong with yours and you just want to slap them on because they are new, then I'd suggest not doing it.
                    I dont think you are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by zack_odom View Post
                      I dont think you are correct.
                      So you don't think they fit or you don't think it will throw caster off if the arms are curved differently from the 4th gen?

I have a spare set of 5th gen upper arms for my brother so I just measured the distance between anchors right now. It seems the 5th gens are farther apart than 4th gen anchors by roughly 8-10mm or so, so I guess it won't fit. I don't feel like jacking up my 4th gen to compare all the differences so that's as much as I can say on this topic. If I got the op's hopes up by saying they might fit, then I apologize.

Comment

see that why i said they wouldnt fit^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                        X