CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 04-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
92accord ex
CB7tuner Member

92accord ex is cool... so far.
ebay rotors any good?

hey guys i got a coupe ex and i need to change my rotors and i seen these on ebay, i was wondering if there any good or if any one has tried them. also how will they fit and line up to everything. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-ACCORD...item231c226ffd

Last edited by 92accord ex; 04-18-2012 at 07:39 PM.
92accord ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
mtnbikaah
Contributing Member

mtnbikaah is cool... so far.
seen which ones on Ebay?

EDIT: link is there now.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10
mtnbikaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
xkjnboix
CB7tuner Member

xkjnboix seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to xkjnboix
if you are using them for DD and you dont slam on your brakes at redlights or everytime you see the car in front of you braking like a woman then they will make good replacement but for that price i would go with powerslot brand if you want the slotted OR drilled look.

i think brembo blanks are 30-40$ /PAIR if you are looking for something QUALITY you can beat on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[color="Magenta"]
xkjnboix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
92accord ex
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkjnboix View Post
if you are using them for DD and you dont slam on your brakes at redlights or everytime you see the car in front of you braking like a woman then they will make good replacement but for that price i would go with powerslot brand if you want the slotted OR drilled look.

i think brembo blanks are 30-40$ /PAIR if you are looking for something QUALITY you can beat on.
no the car is not a DD and im not a asshole driver ridering peoples asses and slamming on my brakes all the time.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Brakes are necessary for stopping your car, and keeping you alive. Don't cheap out. $40 for a pair of quality Brembo rotors is not that much to ask. Low-end store brand pads are good enough to stop the car. I'd trust Brembo blanks and Autozone cheapie pads over some no-name "performance" garbage like that. See the holes drilled in those rotors? Yeah, that's where they'll crack.

It doesn't matter if it's a DD or not, and it doesn't matter if you ever go faster than 35mph. The FIRST time you drive the car and get to 35mph, cheap-shit brakes could fail on you, causing you to crash. 35mph could be a fatal speed for brake failure.

A number of shady companies have been hiding links on my site to generate search engine backlinks. Google has caught on, and is now penalizing these companies. Now these companies want ME to remove the links for them. Since they created the links, they may remove them. Hidden in single-pixel images here are links to over a dozen companies that have abused this site, and ignored/refused my instructions to remove their links. Each link found in this signature will be removed as soon as I am notified that all other links to that site are removed from this forum.
deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #6
Bad_dude
CB7tuner Member

Bad_dude seems to have made some friends! Bad_dude seems to have made some friends!
Cool

Ebay stuffs are perfectly fine. I saw a guy on TV who used Ebay brake products. But he saved money. He also cut a big square on his driver's side floor in case the brakes failed, he put on his steel boots and used his feet to stop the car. I think his name is Flintstone. Lol.
Bad_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #7
Bad_dude
CB7tuner Member

Bad_dude seems to have made some friends! Bad_dude seems to have made some friends!
Question

Hey Deev,
How come your newest car has the most miles? Wow. A 1986 only has 125k miles?
Old 04-19-2012, 01:57 AM   #8
ferenza
CB7tuner Member

ferenza seems to have made some friends! ferenza seems to have made some friends!
i have ebay drilled and slotted on mine with the posi-quiet ceramic pads.stops on a dime.i love them. I had to replace my autozone(crap) rotors because i had warped them within 2 months.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #9
hondakid1996
CB7tuner Member

hondakid1996 is cool... so far.
Ive been using the ebay drilled and slotted rotors with ebay pads for 6 months now. So far so good. They tend to surface rust rather quick though. If you dont drive your car for more than a week at a time you might have a bit of trouble stopping the first time. Just ride the brakes for a sec and it takes the rust right off.

Last edited by hondakid1996; 04-19-2012 at 06:43 AM.
hondakid1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #10
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
You guys are aware that "ebay" doesn't make anything, right? You can buy high quality stuff on ebay just as much as you can buy low quality stuff.

Here, look at it this way... changing our front rotors is a HUGE pain in the ass... so do it once, with quality rotors, and you won't have to do it again for a while. Do it with cheap shit, and at the very least, you'll probably have to do it much sooner than you'd like.
My 92 has Brembos that were slotted and drilled by an "ebay" company back in 2004. Would I bother with the slotted and drilled again? No. They eat pads, and they can crack. But the Brembos have held up to some seriously harsh driving, for many MANY miles.

Bad_Dude, I'm a PI, and I drive for a living. My 09 is my work car, ever since my CB7 broke down. The 86 has been an undriven project since 2004. I have a thread about those cars in OT.

A number of shady companies have been hiding links on my site to generate search engine backlinks. Google has caught on, and is now penalizing these companies. Now these companies want ME to remove the links for them. Since they created the links, they may remove them. Hidden in single-pixel images here are links to over a dozen companies that have abused this site, and ignored/refused my instructions to remove their links. Each link found in this signature will be removed as soon as I am notified that all other links to that site are removed from this forum.
deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:15 AM   #11
toycar
CB7tuner Member

toycar is very helpful toycar is very helpful toycar is very helpful
Where are you guys finding brembo blanks at $40/pair?

I was going to order some for my cd5 off rockauto, and they were about 35-40 a piece, and then $110 to ship from UK.

I thought that shit was ridiculous. Ive seen plenty on ebay, for about 40'ish dollars per rotor, plus shipping.

Link to el cheapo brembo?
toycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #12
Qiko
CB7tuner Member

Qiko is cool... so far.
I went with RAYBESTOS 96111 and Akebono street performance pad. It came out to $132.25

Less than the eBay price ya posted but these are Front setup only though. I cannot tell if these feel any better than OEM.
Qiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #13
LastToBrake
CB7tuner Member

LastToBrake seems to have made some friends! LastToBrake seems to have made some friends!
Found them for ~$50 here: http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...2&autoModClar=

'92 EX Coupe (Member's Ride Thread)

My Blog - Mostly snark about professional motorsports, but I occasionally make it to local and regional events. It's not much now, but I'm working on it.
LastToBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #14
92accord ex
CB7tuner Member

ok guys thanks for all the advice
Old 04-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #15
toycar
CB7tuner Member

toycar is very helpful toycar is very helpful toycar is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastToBrake View Post
Thats a price for each, not the pair.

Maybe the earlier post was a typo? I cannot find anything close to $40 for the pair.
toycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #16
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 seems to have made some friends! Raf99 seems to have made some friends!
I've went this route before, don't do it. They are no-name rotors and wont last and are not safe. I think I went about a year and a half before I was replacing them again due to rusting and warping. Plus when you do have to slam on the brakes suddenly you really realize the difference between cheap and expensive. (which in this case could save your life, or someone elses). If needed save your money and go with a good brand and they will last forever.

Cheers
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:03 AM   #17
Bad_dude
CB7tuner Member

Exclamation

OK xkjnboix, you have got to tell us where you get those Brembro blanks for $40 a pair.
Don't you be holding secrets. Lol.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:50 AM   #18
accordmaniac
CB7tuner Member

accordmaniac is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to accordmaniac
Ebay rotors no no no.
Go with Brembo blanks..
4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )
accordmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #19
Chris2388
Contributing Member

Chris2388 is cool... so far.
I have been looking for a while now and I also can not find Brembo blanks for $40 a pair?

I have swapped to 99 ex 5 lug. Any one find them this cheap?

^MY RIDE THREAD^
Chris2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #20
FatManChunk
CB7tuner Member

FatManChunk is cool... so far.
Brembo blanks are the way to go. Brakes are NOT something you want to cheap out on no matter what the deal is.

Please dear god dont cheap out on brakes. There are other people on the road when your brakes may give out....
FatManChunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: