Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Transmission replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission replacement

Ok so when I bought my car it needed a tranny and still does. My question is, I have a f22a6 manual..... Will any cb7 tranny work with the a6 motor? My model cb is an ex, heard the lx or dx tranny wouldn't fit exactly...

Thanks for future input

All F and H transmissions will bolt up.

Edit: What makes you think you need a new transmission?
    Last edited by BurtonRiderT6; 06-13-2012, 07:17 AM.

Comment

3rd great doesn't catch at all... Was told by pervious owner that the synchronizer was out... Also grinds putting it into 2nd and 4th...

Also I'm thinking I should replace clutch too... Maybe flywheel depending on the tranny I get, which will most likely be from a junk yard

Comment

I'm not positive but perhaps the clutch is failing and not engaging/disengaging properly creating you to grind in and out of gears. Is there sufficient fluid in it? You could try using GM's sychromesh.

It's my understanding that Honda F series 5 speed transmission's are built pretty solid. Would hate for you to go buy a new/used transmission for something that costs much less to fix.

Maybe someone with a better grasp on your problem will chime in.

Comment

Any F/H-series transmission will bolt right up with the most work needed in a few special cases being the requirement to tap and restud the case for the mount. The differences between the F/H-series transmissions are primarily gearing. A few transmissions available outside of the US are LSD from the factory.

Honda transmissions are built pretty solid. However, transmissions in general receive such poor maintenance that problems are fairly common. For that reason getting one from a junkyard is a crapshoot.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
          X