roll cage with square tubing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roll cage with square tubing

hey i was wondering if any one has used or seen any square tube roll cages? we have so much square tubing at work that gets turned into scrap its crazy. I think it would be easier for me to weld up than if i were to use round tube. I have also thought about making x braces and other misc. to stiffen up the chassis.

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
    91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
    funds for swap:$000.00
    Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
    Traded with: Wed3k

square tubing is only strong in 4 directions, round tubing is the same strength in every direction. round is also much lighter than square for equal strength. it works for braces and such, because those mostly need just tensile strength as opposed to torsional or shear strength, but you should not use it on a roll cage. also, the square tubing has corners which your skull wouldnt like very much if they met each other in an accident.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Also, I don't think that square tubing would satisfy the requirements of any sanctioning body's safety regulations.
      Originally posted by Junior Smurff
      Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Working...
      X