And Then There Were (Back to?) Four - Sold the 92 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Then There Were (Back to?) Four - Sold the 92 Coupe

I rescued this one from the crusher earlier this year. Finally got it fixed up enough to list it. Sold in less than a day.

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 02-10-2018, 11:44 AM.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Nice.

How much?
    MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
    1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

How much you get for it?

Comment

$1800. I had about 1300 in it and parts. I found a lot of stuff the previous owner took short cuts on, loose or missing bolts, incorrect vacuum line routing, incorrect cam timing, etc. It had a F22A6 engine with about 120,000 on it.

Work included head gasket, windshield, 2 tires, front calipers with lots of pad, flex pipe, alternator, plugs, distributor, replaced trunk (original had 8 holes from aftermarket spoiler), front bumper, rehung rear bumper, and lots of cleaning and other work. Some parts were new, some from my stock. Overall, I probably spent too much time on it, but I hated to see it get crushed. It still has cosmetic issues: wrinkled hood, poor repaint, low budget rust repair of rear wheel well rust, dings, dents, etc. Interior is worn, but not torn. The buyer had a 92 sedan with 300K+ that had been rear ended (hard) the day before I listed it.

I was a bit embarrassed when he picked it up - it was dead as a door nail. I had "fixed" the rear defroster the night before (fuse was missing and wires not connected to window). We jumped it and he drove it home. I suspect the defroster relay is bad and was draining the battery. I may copy the appropriate pages from the service manual and send him a relay.
        Last edited by Fleetw00d; 11-15-2014, 11:36 PM.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Wow you are dedicated.

I actually got back from Colorado this past Sunday, went on a road trip with a couple friends (both are somewhat active on here) and on the way home we just had to stop in Marysville...I always told myself I'd go visit HoA at some point in my life so we did that.

My friends CL that we took on the road trip to and from Colorado Springs (very cramped back seat for a guy of my size)

Of course me at the entrance:

I definitely want to go back for the factory tour though.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
            $1800. I had about 1300 in it and parts. I found a lot of stuff the previous owner took short cuts on, loose or missing bolts, incorrect vacuum line routing, incorrect cam timing, etc. It had a F22A engine with about 120,000 on it.

work included head gasket, windshield, 2 tires, front calipers with lots of pad, flex pipe, alternator, plugs, distributor, replaced trunk (original had 8 holes from aftermarket spoiler), front bumper, rehung rear bumper, and lots of cleaning and other work. Some parts were new, some from my stock. Overall, I probably spent too much time on it, but I hated to see it get crushed. It still has cosmetic issues: wrinkled hood, poor repaint, low bidget rust repair of rear wheel well rust, dings, dents, etc. Interior is worn, but not torn. The buyer had a 92 sedan with 300K+ that had been rear ended (hard) the day before I listed it.

I was a bit embarassed when he picked it up - it was dead as a door nail. I had "fixed" the rear defroster the night before (fuse was missing and wires not connected to window). We jumped it and he drove it home. I suspect the defroster relay is bad and was draining the battery. I may copy the appropriate pages from the service manual and send him a relay.
            i can appreciate that. way to save those cb7's!
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
            X