Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TheFunk : 1984 Volvo 240 DL

1984 Volvo 240 DL

Fortunately it runs quite well. Working on tune-up right now and then I'll get overdrive working and it's good to go.

Got ahead of myself and tinted the windows right away, that back window was so incredibly easy.

And it's got a solid little 4 cylinder engine in it.

Body is totally straight, some rust spots but it'll be sanded and painted this summer.

All yellow leather interior as well. Getting it cleaned up for my girlfriend as she is a huge fan of older Volvos, she is already saving up for a good set of lowered springs.
    Last edited by TheFunk; 03-06-2015, 02:29 AM.

RIP my last two CB7s.
    New rides:
    '82 Volvo 245 drift project
    '87 Volvo 244 daily
    Born2DieApparel.com

Had a lot of fun with this car. But that all ended today.

Long story short there was a fuel leak when my girlfriend started the car. I pulled the seats out and went to pull the fuel soaked carpet out and it touched a hot wire near the center console and burst into flames.

ALWAYS DISCONNECT THE NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL.

I'll certainly never forget again.

I managed to make it out with just some burnt hair. I'll need a haircut for sure...
    Last edited by TheFunk; 03-06-2015, 02:25 AM.

RIP my last two CB7s.
    New rides:
    '87 Volvo 244 daily
    Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

That sucks so bad... sorry this happened. Looked like a great car too...

Comment

holy shit, dude!!

why on earth was there a fuel leak inside the car?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
          holy shit, dude!!

why on earth was there a fuel leak inside the car?
          I was getting to the bottom of that... Then it blew up in my face.

RIP my last two CB7s.
          New rides:
          '87 Volvo 244 daily
          Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

You managed to get pretty lucky.

I know it still sucks though man... I lost a good car last year to a drug addict having a seizure behind the wheel and hitting it. It always sucks when a car is a total loss...

Comment

Yeah it sucks but we're trying not to get too discouraged by it.
              Going to look at a '81 240 coupe in the next couple of days, that way I can use up whatever parts are still good from the old one.

First matter of business in the new one will be to check the fuel lines front to back and replace any fuel components that look even the least bit worn.

RIP my last two CB7s.
              New rides:
              '87 Volvo 244 daily
              Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

So I'm excited enough about tomorrow that I thought I'd share with you guys...

I posted in another thread recently about the '81 Volvo 242 we acquired since the last one blew up. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204664
                Here it is, f**king rust bucket.

The car hasn't been running for a few weeks as I'm having trouble sourcing the part I need locally... Ssooo rusty underneath the car, it's hard to WANT to work on getting it running when it will only last a few more years before the rust spreads to something important.

...then I found this:

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/4663469603.html

Going to look at it tomorrow. I was told it only has a bit of surface rust on the side, which I can totally handle.
                If it checks out we're driving it home... And will surely start collecting b21 turbo parts
                The Volvo we currently have has a leather interior in mint condition and lots of other still good parts to swap over.

RIP my last two CB7s.
                New rides:
                '87 Volvo 244 daily
                Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Idk why I like these cars but I do. I hope it pans out! Keep us posted!

Comment

Well it was a no go. Needed too much work and there was more rust than I was led to believe. It was really pretty though. I'd say I was glad to at least have test driven it, but the clutch was killing my leg and I spent most of the test drive trying to get it started after I killed it... And figure out how to shift into reverse (have to pull a slider up under the shifter and move it all the way to the left).

RIP my last two CB7s.
                    New rides:
                    '87 Volvo 244 daily
                    Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Working...
                    X