Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My Ex's 90 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Ex's 90 coupe

She picked up this Ex sometime in 2009 for $1500 with 160k abused miles, it drove fine everything worked and the AC blew cold. The only downside was I know the car was jiggled multiply times to the point any Honda key would open/start it, but nothing an Autolock(I swear by those things) won't fix at the time. Unfortunately the f22 and the auto transmission got sketchy after two years. So she funded the HMO(swear by them too) engine and trans combo, I paid/did the rest.
    These pictures are right before and after the swap.

Over time I would picked up tail lights, oem floor mats, not rusted or welded stock Ex cat back exhaust, 91 oem armrest, various interior pieces, wagon brackets+calipers, and re-keyed it all the way down to glove box with an oem Honda primary key, done relatively cheap all from the junkyard (minus the key, got it from the dealership).

I installed the HMO swap in two days thankfully no CEL, along with the H23 timing tensioner conversion, and then had the PS brazed a little later. I really wanted to use the stock header but the flex pipe was blown, so I ended up using an Ebay header I had laying around. I debated on using the proper TCU, but didn't because it would lose the shift lock button and that kind of defeats using the Autolock. A couple weeks after the swap the stock fuel pump gave up, so I put in a Walbro pump. Over time I've had to replace an AC line, constant velocity axles, the whole rack and pinion w/ all 4 tie rods, radiator + fans, and A LOT of bushings. I also acquired some EBC GD Accord wagon front rotors. Everything works and almost looks factory stock to this day.

Its current condition I just notice makes me cringe, you'll notice the brake cleaner cap on the PS reservoir, the alternator wires scare me, that person who replaced the alternator had the hood fly up at 40 on him.......
    Poor car.
    Her only complaint is 91 octane, and 20 mpg because she goes slow(less than 30mph) and short distances (less than 1/4 to 3 miles). but it does get 30~ mpg on the interstate. I certain with the right TCU it would help her mpg and drastically change the way she drives.

I had a lot planned for her, but she left my hands less than two years ago, a solid car that has yet to get them stranded. She did need a brake line, battery + terminals, and a alternator in the meantime. Whenever she's done with her I'll have first dibs. No matter what happens it was an awesome experience.
    Last edited by HCoupe; 10-08-2014, 03:58 AM.

Looks like it's just a lucky junkyard trip away from being a very clean car. A new front bumper, working antenna core, eBay-purchased antenna mast ($14) and you're done. Great work on completing the swap just the way Honda would have done it!

Did you get the MP1A that has the LSD?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I was thinking just what Jarrett said, a few parts here and there and it will be completely good to go!

Comment

Nice stock looking H swap.

I like these cars the best. Simple. The way they should have been from the factory.

I agree a few trips to the JY. And you have a very nice Stock Accord.

steve

Comment

Thanks guys!
          It does have a MP1A non-lsd. Everything that has come from HMotorsonline.com has been great to my friends and me. That car chirps second and sometimes third, and moves swiftly. It was fun trying to master shifting with that car, because it was so delayed with the stock TCU, lol..... She's getting the timing belt & water pump done soon, so a mechanic in Kansas is gonna curse me because of the tight fitment of the h23 tensioner and the h22 timing belt.
          Last edited by HCoupe; 09-16-2014, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X