Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wont start with key, will start by jumping starter..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLK/WHT passes through the fuse box to the switched side of the starter relay. Fuse 9 sends power to the clutch switch, which then goes to the low side of the starter relay. Check fuse 9 first (easier), then track down the relay.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

all the fuses are good..

Comment

the cruize control box is a big silver box right?? do i need to have that in there or can i unplug it??

Comment

i have a momo steering wheel so i dont have cruise anymore

Comment

You can unplug it. I removed mine and everything works fine with no CEL.
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

If fuse 9 (7.5a) is good & is verified to have 12v, and you have no voltage at the clutch switch, then the issue is a faulty connection or break on the blue/red wire.

Comment

ill check that first... bout to head out and get started.. thank you both so much.. ill let you know in a bit

Comment

You get it starting?

Comment

Originally posted by Slammed Accord View Post
                    ok, im at my wits end.. my car wont start with the key, it was working fine stopped to get lunch and it wouldnt start again with the key.. i can jump it at the starter and it starts and runs fine.. i have power to the switch, when i turn the key it sends power from the switch, im now at the clutch switch which im not sure if it is a pos or neg for the clutch switch.. also my plug for the clutch switch only has 2 wires. (M/T) but has spaces for 3 wires.. i think i checked all the relays but im not sure.. i just want to drive my car.. im so streesed out with life i need to cruise my bad ass accord to destress... its not my daily, its my toy.. its what i use to get away on a fast road and use the 2000 watt amp and the 4 12's so i dont put a gun to my head... lol please help... i need to take that drive.. Thank you in advance for any help...
                    Hey man, sorry to hear about your CB having trouble starting. I totally
                    understand what you mean about your CB being your way to get away from
                    life for a while. But take it easy man! Life definitely can get tough. I know
                    you don't know me but if you ever need to vent to someone or get shit
                    off your mind you can reach out to me. I had a horrible year & two of my
                    car buddies who aren't really that close helped me out a bunch.
                    Keep Pushing..

Comment

Lol yeah don’t commit toaster bath just yet. Just follow the diagrams provided, verify voltage and good fuses. It’ll come together & be something simple to fix.

Have you tried just jumping the clutch switch?

I know you said you have new bumpers in the pedal, but double check that they’re still there.

I used an 8mm bolt/nut to replace both of them when I was rocking a CB. It’s a sure fire way to make sure it never happens again, but if you do that, adjust the switch so that you don’t break it when you depress the pedal.

Comment

ok, so after twisting my neck and spending a day in bed.. i find i have no power to #9 fuse..

Comment

ive never had any real problems with this car,, i just put a new motor in it, the old motor had 300k, a blown head gasket and a dead cylinder, i drove it for a year like that and it still nevere let me down...

Comment

Let me try and get the full diagram for you tomorrow man.

Comment

cool, thx

Comment

Don't let it get you down. Think of it as an opportunity to learn more about your car.
                                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                                X