Official 90-91 to 92-93 Pictoral Difference Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official 90-91 to 92-93 Pictoral Difference Thread

Okay, here it is...pictoral versions of the differences in the years.

Front End

90-91

92-93

Note the various differences, most notably the differences in the upper grills and the lower turn signal areas. Though it may not be visible in the pictures, the headlights are shaped differently as well.

Rear 3-4 view.

90-91

92-93

Besides the obvious difference in tail lights, note the curve of the rear bumper.

Now the biggie

Tail Lights

90-91 Coupe + Sedan

92-93 SEDAN

92-93 COUPE

get a close-up of the front fenders/corner lights. they're different as well.

but nice work, dude.
    I........love my car. Simple as that.

Comment

Don't forget those annoying power seatbelts in the 90-91 models...also the trim/moldings are different as well, looks like you got the rest covered bro...

Comment

Also the 90-91 has the sport button. (automatic only)

Thanks to Ronald for the great picture.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

www.vancouveraccords.com
        www.esodraggers.com

Comment

Also to add to all of this. The rear bumper between a 90-91 and a 92-93 are also diffrent. Notice that the black molding on the 90-91 are much thicker andmore boxed up than a 92-93. So is the bottom of the bumper on the 92-93 it has a more rounder shape. Another difference will be the side moldings. On a 90-91 the moldings are more sqaured and on a 92-93 the molding its more rounder. Good write up also. You can add this info to yours.
          I cheated on my cb7 with an e30.....Not cool. I will be a honda boy at heart though woop woop

Comment

Originally posted by 604_cb7
            Also the 90-91 has the sport button. (automatic only)
            Something new I learned... some JDM 92 and Exclusive 93's had sportshift. You are right however on USDM's only 90-91's came with that.

Another thing to point out is the guage clusters. 90-91's have the yellow 55mile mark on the speedometer and no srs, 92-93's clusters have srs and no 55mph indicator
            I need a custom turbo manifold built....
            707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
            "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
            '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

the differences about the license plate

92-93 coupe europe style

It's all about 2f2f

Comment

So with all the minor differences in the exteriors, can you swap the parts around without any redrilling, cutting, etc? Mainly the front and rear bumpers? Also, were there any exterior differences between DX and LX/EX models? I was looking at a parts catalog online and there was a price difference for a DX bumper vs an LX/EX bumper, both for 90/91 and 92/93.

thanks.

Comment

yes you can, some things require other 9293 related parts.

example: 9293 headlights will fit fine on 9091, except there may be grill fitment issues, so it is recommended to use 9293 grill as well.

or 9293 bumpers on 9091 will require the 9293 bumper support in order to sit properly.

and, 9293 trunk tails will fit 9091 but to have the correct inner fitment and visual ease, 9293 sedan trunk is recommended.

hopefully this answers your questions.
                  '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                  -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                  -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                  -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                  10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Originally posted by br0nx finest
                    yes you can, some things require other 9293 related parts.

example: 9293 headlights will fit fine on 9091, except there may be grill fitment issues, so it is recommended to use 9293 grill as well.

or 9293 bumpers on 9091 will require the 9293 bumper support in order to sit properly.

and, 9293 trunk tails will fit 9091 but to have the correct inner fitment and visual ease, 9293 sedan trunk is recommended.

hopefully this answers your questions.
                    Yes, that helps. Do you know what other parts need to be swapped for the 90/91 to 92/93 front bumper install? I was thinking about installing the 92/93 front bumper because I need to replace my bumper, but not if I need to replace too much additional support equipment.

Comment

Here's the deal. I had a 1992 LX accord but it was in an accident and I sold it. I am considering a 91 EX which looks really cool. Problem is I loved my 92 Accord look and can't stand the 91 Accord look. It's a 91 Ex sedan. It has OEM Fogs. Would I be able to use a 92-93 Bumper, grill, and headlights, and use the 90-91 OEM Fogs? For the rear I can use the 92-93 tails on the outside, but for the inner lights I have to buy a whole new trunk lid?

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
                        Here's the deal. I had a 1992 LX accord but it was in an accident and I sold it. I am considering a 91 EX which looks really cool. Problem is I loved my 92 Accord look and can't stand the 91 Accord look. It's a 91 Ex sedan. It has OEM Fogs. Would I be able to use a 92-93 Bumper, grill, and headlights, and use the 90-91 OEM Fogs? For the rear I can use the 92-93 tails on the outside, but for the inner lights I have to buy a whole new trunk lid?
                        Can't stand the 91 look, that's harsh lol.

92-93 Bumper, grill, headlights - Yes

90-91 OEM Fogs - Nope

92-93 Tail lights - You can use the 92-93 Outer, need the Trunklid for the inner.

Comment

of course i did the swap my car is a 90 lx 2dr. so i did the front end conversion(headlights,grill,bumper, corner lights that was before i did the projector headlights and what not) did the rear conversion (taillights which i had all red ones then changed to red/clear,4dr trunk swap, and bumper) easy as hell just buy and swap

Comment

damn and i though i was gonna be able to put 92 93 coupe lights on my 91..guess i have to go with the 92 93 sedan since i already have the lights.

Comment

i agree with mike, i def. like the 92-93 accords better than the 90-91...the whole front seems more complete with the 92-93's and i like the tails a lot more on the 92-93.

but to each his own.
                              Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Working...
                              X