EXT: Mesh grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: Mesh grill

So, this is a mod for I did for my 92 LX and a guy wanted me to do a DIY. So I might as well.

Materials:
    1. 1 small sheet of "Premium Hinged Gutter Guard" from Home Depot.
    2. Philips screwdriver
    3. A dremel or mini-hacksaw and some sand paper.
    4. Safety glasses if using the dremel... ouchy
    5. Wire cutters

So first, pop the hood. You should see 5 screws that hold the grill in place, carefully remove these.

Then as you see in the picture below, there are 2 holes that are ovalish. You need to stick a screwdriver down there and push a small black peice down the unlatches the side of the grill. The grill will now come off.

If you look at the back, you will see 12 screws, remove them all and take off the chrome peices.

Now I took all peices and washed them because mine were very dirty, but you do not have to. Get your sheet of gutterguard out with some wire cutters. Measure out a peice thats 25 inches by 2 and 1/4 inches. Cut it out.

This part is the funnest. Line the mesh up to the grill, get it centered. Theres all sorts of little notches that come up, so you will have to cut out the mesh around these notches. Then, you have to cut out the mesh the surrounds the holes that the chrome cylinder threading goes into.

Now, we take some silver spray paint, (leave the plastic black if you wanna) I used Tempo Marine "Suzuki Silver" paint, it dries REALLY fast in the sun, and looks good. Give it 2 coats or so, let it dry. I just painted the exposed sides.

Once you have done all this, take the peice with the H emblem and get it on. Make sure you keep the mesh from going below the bottom of the grill. Then get the lower peice on, and bam, you be DONE. Mount it back up to the car, first getting it to go into the slots where it clips in.

Hope you enjoy...

nice write up dude

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Hawt dude....Clean ass car too

Comment

No kidding- clean car.
        Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
        2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
        2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
        2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Thanks I as hoping to get a good response like this, haha.

Comment

cool

Comment

nice job dude, look at those orange bumper lenses, soon they will be clear ooooooo

im shipping em today

Comment

looks good...i've had this DIY for like 6 months just never had the time or patience to write up a DIY but none the less beatifully explained...i have these inserts for sale pre-cut and ready for simple install not to whore your thread or n e thing....clean ass car too me and you have one of those cars where you would hate the color if it wasnt clean as hell...lol

-sean
                Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

yeah your grill looks good i did one i want to know what everyone thinks, if you want to know how i did you could ask.
                  Attached Files

Comment

MD92AccordLX:

I think it looks pretty good but might look better if you cut out the part where the H emblem used to be and made it all even. But it still looks good.

93twodoorLX:

Haha, aint no jackin.

PEOPLE!: I will sell them also if people are too lazy, just pm me and we can work something out like send me your grill and I will do it for you.
                    Last edited by drucifer92; 05-02-2005, 09:15 PM.

Comment

yeah well i just wanted to try something a lil different that no one i seen has done but i might cut out the middle i like that look thanks

Comment

here's mine

great DIY. Did mine, but painted the mesh black.

Comment

Originally posted by MD92AccordLX
                          yeah your grill looks good i did one i want to know what everyone thinks, if you want to know how i did you could ask.
                          niiiice. get some more pics.

you mounted the mesh all the way in the back didn't you? thats the same thing i did on my 90-91 grill.
                          I removed the whole "H", but i love what you've done. its unique.
                          I........love my car. Simple as that.

Comment

looks real good on that red color

Comment

I like it, I'll probably do mine this weekend if I have time

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

Working...
                              X