CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Performance Tech > Naturally Aspirated

Old 05-02-2005, 10:05 PM   #1
oneoffaccord
Accord of the Month: November 2006

oneoffaccord seems to have made some friends! oneoffaccord seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to oneoffaccord
Anybody Got A Aem Fuel Rail

I just put on my AEM FUEL RAIL with B&M FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR with a CHM FUEL GUAGE, I have the fuel pressure set at 38 psi (too high or too low). what my question is that.....has anybody felt a horsepower difference or a quicker throttle response or what? my friend came by and he hit the throttle and he felt a quicker response.......and i said that i cant tell a difference so i drove it and i felt more hp and quicker response

IS IT ME OR IS THIS THE SHIT
oneoffaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 02:35 PM   #2
howard20653
CB7tuner Member

howard20653 is cool... so far.
yes i have one with a aem ajustable fuel pressure regulator and a nos fuel guage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoffaccord
I just put on my AEM FUEL RAIL with B&M FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR with a CHM FUEL GUAGE, I have the fuel pressure set at 38 psi (too high or too low). what my question is that.....has anybody felt a horsepower difference or a quicker throttle response or what? my friend came by and he hit the throttle and he felt a quicker response.......and i said that i cant tell a difference so i drove it and i felt more hp and quicker response

IS IT ME OR IS THIS THE SHIT
howard20653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 10:44 AM   #3
John Conner18
CB7tuner Member

John Conner18 is cool... so far.
Send a message via MSN to John Conner18
well you did upgrade your fuel system so why wouldnt you notice a difference
John Conner18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 10:57 AM   #4
micksf22accord
CB7tuner Member

micksf22accord is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to micksf22accord Send a message via MSN to micksf22accord Send a message via Yahoo to micksf22accord
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Conner18
well you did upgrade your fuel system so why wouldnt you notice a difference

OMFG

I am putting mine in so we shall see i have heard theres not much if any

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote
bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...
micksf22accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 04:14 PM   #5
HondaFan81
Honda Enthusiast

HondaFan81 seems to have made some friends! HondaFan81 seems to have made some friends!
Why would this increase anything? Fuel is not the bottle neck in an all-motor setup, it's the incoming charge of air....how about you all focus your attention on that before wasting money on AEM fuel rails, etc which are not cheap. I'd take some of that money and buy a book on engine dynamics, seriously...I'm not being a d**k, I'm being straight up...you will learn where to put your money and focus your attention on. If you view my message and just being a$$hole-ish your ignorant of the truth.

Last edited by HondaFan81; 05-22-2005 at 04:16 PM.
HondaFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 04:58 PM   #6
90CB7DRIVA
CB7tuner Member

90CB7DRIVA is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaFan81
Why would this increase anything? Fuel is not the bottle neck in an all-motor setup, it's the incoming charge of air....how about you all focus your attention on that before wasting money on AEM fuel rails, etc which are not cheap. I'd take some of that money and buy a book on engine dynamics, seriously...I'm not being a d**k, I'm being straight up...you will learn where to put your money and focus your attention on. If you view my message and just being a$$hole-ish your ignorant of the truth.
This *****s right true story homie let deez *****s kno wow would you spend money on dat shit wen u can get soem otha shit dat will really increase horsepower with a feeling of da diffrence your imagination makes u feel as if your got got soem balls off of you puttin in a new nut on ur car.
90CB7DRIVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 05:27 PM   #7
accrdpower
CB7tuner Member

accrdpower is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to accrdpower
ok one...u 2 are smokin something, 2 just bc u r getting a new fuel rail doesn't mean u r doing it just for HP. i got a new fuel rail and pressure regulator and new whole fuel system. it worth the money....helps not just for daily driving but for shows and just to damn well look good. it is like why the hell would anyone get a body kit? or get new tail lights or carbon fiber hood or a dress up kit..."dude they don't increase hp....save the money for a turbo" lmao. to each his own. but i would say as the rules of science apply.....if u replace anything i mean anything in the engine, on a old ass car, it is gonna be better. as long as it is installed correctly and the time is taken to do it right. so i say go ahead and do whatever u want. if u want to get a fuel rail first go for it. it will be the basis for a nos set up later on, if u wann alook at it that way. so without being a complete asshole, i have said my thing. i hope everyone keeps to his owns plans on building his car. do not let anyone influence u on doing something u really do not want to do. whew hope this sheds some light on the subject
accrdpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 05:36 PM   #8
90CB7DRIVA
CB7tuner Member

90CB7DRIVA is cool... so far.
Well im goin for all race and jdm look i hate dat body kit 3 foot spoiler dual exhaust but dats me i dont go for show i wud get da fuel rail and da gas pressure gauge and all dat but dats not till lada i gotta at least ahve da cleanliness in da engine also not jus da outside but hey throw it in ur car hope it does suttin to ur engine and send me soem pics i wud liek to see how it al looks togetha good luk
90CB7DRIVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 07:58 PM   #9
HondaFan81
Honda Enthusiast

HondaFan81 seems to have made some friends! HondaFan81 seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrdpower
ok one...u 2 are smokin something, 2 just bc u r getting a new fuel rail doesn't mean u r doing it just for HP. i got a new fuel rail and pressure regulator and new whole fuel system. it worth the money....helps not just for daily driving but for shows and just to damn well look good. it is like why the hell would anyone get a body kit? or get new tail lights or carbon fiber hood or a dress up kit..."dude they don't increase hp....save the money for a turbo" lmao. to each his own. but i would say as the rules of science apply.....if u replace anything i mean anything in the engine, on a old ass car, it is gonna be better. as long as it is installed correctly and the time is taken to do it right. so i say go ahead and do whatever u want. if u want to get a fuel rail first go for it. it will be the basis for a nos set up later on, if u wann alook at it that way. so without being a complete asshole, i have said my thing. i hope everyone keeps to his owns plans on building his car. do not let anyone influence u on doing something u really do not want to do. whew hope this sheds some light on the subject

all show, no go sucks ballz IMO...but if the show scene is your gravy...whateva do it up....but I figured this person posting on AEM fuel rail in the "all-motor" forum and asking about power is well "asking about power gains" ...I'm just being real....

Last edited by HondaFan81; 05-22-2005 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:24 AM   #10
ZigenBallZ
CB7Tuner Member

ZigenBallZ is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to ZigenBallZ
You tell em Cisco...

BTW The stock fuel rail has been proven to provide more than enough flow to handle 275-300+ hp...

You're more likely to have a need to replace injectors long before having to even think about upgrading the fuel rail...

for aesthetic questions in the all motor forum...

ZigenBallZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 06:09 AM   #11
williamsvt
Contributing Member

williamsvt is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to williamsvt Send a message via MSN to williamsvt Send a message via Yahoo to williamsvt
Quote:
READ the thread title, hes not asking for your opinion on whether or not he should have gottten a fuel rail. i dont see why people have to flame for no reason, he was asking a simple question, not a paragraph long response to why he shouldnt have gotten a fuel rail . The fuel rail will help a little bit with engine performance, but in the long run, i doubt you'll see a lot of HP from it. And as said before people mostly use it for looks and show.

williamsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 05:54 PM   #12
accrdpower
CB7tuner Member

lol ok well as i said b4 think of i this way....a almost 15 year old fuel rail...HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...i wonder how crappy the inside is...take your stock one off and take a look at it..it is amazing how dirty it can get. well anyway, even if u r for more HP and just having youre car run better...a NEW fuel rail is a good investment. if will run more EFFICIENTLY, and will handle for HP and more abbuse. Even if u r not going to add NOS or a turbo it is still a good thing to replace. if anyone has taking a physics class or even has the slightest knowledge about cars, they would know a new fuel rail is better no matter what. ok so maybe 1hp more but it gonna run more efficient and get better gas mileage. o and BTW it is not expensive at all...maybe 100-150. and that is the more expensive side. ebay...probably 75. well off to working on my car again.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:07 PM   #13
Bluejayde
CB7tuner Member

Bluejayde is cool... so far.
Quote:
lol ok well as i said b4 think of i this way....a almost 15 year old fuel rail...HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...i wonder how crappy the inside is...take your stock one off and take a look at it..it is amazing how dirty it can get. well anyway, even if u r for more HP and just having youre car run better...a NEW fuel rail is a good investment. if will run more EFFICIENTLY, and will handle for HP and more abbuse. Even if u r not going to add NOS or a turbo it is still a good thing to replace. if anyone has taking a physics class or even has the slightest knowledge about cars, they would know a new fuel rail is better no matter what. ok so maybe 1hp more but it gonna run more efficient and get better gas mileage. o and BTW it is not expensive at all...maybe 100-150. and that is the more expensive side. ebay...probably 75. well off to working on my car again.
Time for Jay's Spend 'n Save theory of car part purchase.

Spend $3.49 on a can of carb cleaner.
Save the money on a new fuel rail.
Spend the same amount of time on removal/installation.
Save the rest for something worthwhile, like a new fuel filter.
Spend the extra on strippers.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:11 AM   #14
ZigenBallZ
CB7Tuner Member

ZigenBallZ is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to ZigenBallZ
Quote:
i wonder how crappy the inside is...take your stock one off and take a look at it..it is amazing how dirty it can get.

My old F22A1 one was clean as a whistle inside...

ZigenBallZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 12:23 PM   #15
Bluejayde
CB7tuner Member

Bluejayde is cool... so far.
Seriously, a little Seafoam would clean that right up. Seafoam>All.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:27 PM   #16
accrdpower
CB7tuner Member

well last post for me on this subject lol...i know i know "thank god" lol truth is, newer is better. and it looks better, performs better, and will be basis for any other major upgrades u do. so there
Old 05-26-2005, 05:39 PM   #17
oneoffaccord
Accord of the Month: November 2006

oneoffaccord seems to have made some friends! oneoffaccord seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to oneoffaccord
Quote:
all show, no go sucks ballz IMO...but if the show scene is your gravy...whateva do it up....but I figured this person posting on AEM fuel rail in the "all-motor" forum and asking about power is well "asking about power gains" ...I'm just being real....

listen i just wanted to get peoples opinion on this. seeing that many people on this site dont have this part anyway. and yes my motor is all motor just to let you know. and to my understand that it did make power and good throttle response.

And what motor do you have
oneoffaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 11:10 AM   #18
HondaFan81
Honda Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoffaccord
listen i just wanted to get peoples opinion on this. seeing that many people on this site dont have this part anyway. and yes my motor is all motor just to let you know. and to my understand that it did make power and good throttle response.

And what motor do you have
I have a couple Accord motors I'm doing up all-motor..one more extreme than the other.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:38 PM   #19
TonK
CB7tuner Member

TonK is cool... so far.
Send a message via ICQ to TonK
Bumping an old thread to say I installed an AEM rail and regulator today and notice a difference with the pressure set 38psi @ idle.

Around 3000 I feel a little pickup, and my tires break when I step on it from a dead stop.

Definetely 5 hp or more...

Unless my engine was starved before.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:46 PM   #20
KillerCam282
Contributing Member

KillerCam282 is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to KillerCam282
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonK
Bumping an old thread to say I installed an AEM rail and regulator today and notice a difference with the pressure set 38psi @ idle.

Around 3000 I feel a little pickup, and my tires break when I step on it from a dead stop.

Definetely 5 hp or more...

Unless my engine was starved before.
is all I have to say. Just that. Nothing else, I will not flame you on this one. I just believe that there are better things you can do with your money. BTW, that combo is close to 300. So yes 300 bucks for a butt dynoed 5hp? When you dyno it I bet you get maybe a smoother curve max gain of 3hp and that will occur at the low rpm. I am sure you lost something in around 5k.
KillerCam282 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: