JDM Climate Control Conversion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM Climate Control Conversion...

Well I've started this thread in order to help out everyone with the same goal that I have... to have a working JDM Climate control in there CB7.

Today December 10th 2003 I received wonderful news from Bryan (The JDM Importer I use) at Pro-Link Japan in Hallandale Beach Florida, He has personally located and removed the entire dashboard aswell as several other components I asked for from a 1992 Accord 2.0Si. He said he has removed everything I should need and more, there is no reason why I can't make it work now.

The dashboard aswell as a few other parts has already been loaded into the 40' container for it's trip here to the US. Everything should have cleared customs and arrive here in South Florida by the middle of Janurary.

So that's how it stands right now, I've got it all, just dieing for it to arrive and put it in

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

i didn't realize you lived in hallandale. a good friend of mine is from there!

anyway, back on topic. please let us know how it goes with the swap. i have no idea how long or how hard it will be to do, and i doubt that i would ever do it, but i'm definitely excited for you.

and 93accordex, if you drop in on this thread, what's up with your jdm cc?!?!?!

good luck with it, can't wait to hear more about it.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

that sounds cool, what are the main differences in the two?
      ive never really seen the jdm.. any pics?

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
        i didn't realize you lived in hallandale. a good friend of mine is from there!

anyway, back on topic. please let us know how it goes with the swap. i have no idea how long or how hard it will be to do, and i doubt that i would ever do it, but i'm definitely excited for you.

and 93accordex, if you drop in on this thread, what's up with your jdm cc?!?!?!

good luck with it, can't wait to hear more about it.
        I live in Kendall a subherb of Miami. I'm just forutnate to have Bryan from Pro-Link so close in Hallandale. He's the only importer around me I have found that persoanally goes to Japan and inspects the items prior to buying them. The engines he brings are second to none. I used to deal with out of state importers but I got burned on some parts and decided the hell with that. If Bryan doesn't have what I want he rights it down (takes a deposit if necassary) and when he goes to Japan he gets it for me. A+ in my book .

Thanks for the support I'm sure it will go smoothly, I can't wait to adjust my temp in Celcius
        Originally posted by accordzoom
        that sounds cool, what are the main differences in the two?
        ive never really seen the jdm.. any pics?
        Here are some pics, the differences are obvious

Last edited by BustedLX; 12-10-2003, 10:44 PM.

Comment

u think he would be able 2 get more when he goes again and if so how much could he get it for us. hook the family up.

Comment

i have asked my self constantly why oh why does this great jdm tuner call himself "bustedlx"
            i think u deserve a better name than that..
            thats a name for a beater car not a car such as urs hooptie for celcius climate control
            thats the bomb.. although the one u showed looks dirty as shietttt.
            lol id def clean that mofo or get it repainted black

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

thats not the 1 he really got thats just a pic of 1 to show accordzoom what it looked like

Comment

Originally posted by 92Jr
                u think he would be able 2 get more when he goes again and if so how much could he get it for us. hook the family up.
                He could try, he says finding 4th gen Accords over there is getting harder and harder as the car is becoming older. What's worse is that before yards would keep a few of them around but now since they are so old they just cut them up, quickly remove anything of value (if someone there is asking for something) and melt the car down as scrap.

I don't even know what the total for mine will be yet as it has to pass threw customs but I'm sure you could get the same deal.
                Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                i have asked my self constantly why oh why does this great jdm tuner call himself "bustedlx"
                i think u deserve a better name than that..
                thats a name for a beater car not a car such as urs hooptie for celcius climate control
                thats the bomb.. although the one u showed looks dirty as shietttt.
                lol id def clean that mofo or get it repainted black
                I'm called "BustedLX" because my car is just that... busted. If you saw it in person you would know what I meant. My car is labeled one of the "Ultimate" sleepers here in South Florida.

I do have allot of JDM parts that's true but 90% of them are still in storage as I'm not going to put anything on until I get the body work done and car painted. It's just hard to get the money together with all my responsibilities and the fact that everytime I have a little bit saved up it goes into making the car faster

2004 looks very promising though, my business appears to see the beginings of prospering, my cc is coming in, and my parents said after they finished remolding their house they would give me the money to get my car painted. So things are looking good.

Comment

sorry to get off topic

but like many others.......im wondering how you are?

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

Thats something new to me, looks pretty sweet, but I bet your gonna have alot of fun installing it, good luck--Jay
                    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

just realized it... thats a japanese-only climate control, but its all in english. cool for us americans who want japanese parts, but its just irks me.. why things are in english over there

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                        just realized it... thats a japanese-only climate control, but its all in english. cool for us americans who want japanese parts, but its just irks me.. why things are in english over there
                        Honestly I don't know why allot of things are like that.

I have heard that reading and speaking languages like Chinese and Japanesse is so difficult that once you learn that learning other languages is a breeze. So many Japanesse people know english, spanish, etc. English is pretty much the second language there that many citizens know. Esspecially the basics like auto, off, on, no (lol), etc. So I guess it's nothing out of the norm for them.

Comment

Re: sorry to get off topic

Originally posted by 4drcord
                          but like many others.......im wondering how you are?
                          oh shit i mean how old?!!!!

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

Re: Re: sorry to get off topic

Originally posted by 4drcord
                            oh shit i mean how old?!!!!
                            I'm 25 years old.

Comment

damn that thing looks so sweet

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
                              www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Working...
                              X