Frankenstein Lives! G23vtec!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frankenstein Lives! G23vtec!

Well what can i say...the Frankenstein team has done it again!!! My plans were still unsure on the H23VTEC and my block seemed to have a few more miles on it than i thought and so plans were put into place to swap on a different block pulled from an F23vtec engine. This was done for few reasons. 1 was because the block was already built for vtec unlike the h23 block. 2 was because my intentions are to boost and the block is already sleeved and compression is lower thus allowing me to boost to a higher psi. 3 was because torque was moved farther down the power band or to reference from dyno curve, more to the left. So basically i have an engine that has more torque earlier in the band thus giving it the ability to pull earlier all the way up through vtec and yet is boost happy!

Those that have assisted in this initial stage creation of the Frankenboost project are Wagalude, Turbowagon94, MidnightracerX, and of course WikkedV16 whom which no Frank can be complete without his involvement!

Wikked was able to assist with the homework via online and phone in order to make sure details were covered. Wagalude and Turbowagon94 both performed the swap. MRX tuned it this weekend and it runs extremely strong. I unfortunately was unable to get my hands dirty in this project but hey...somebody has to fund it!

Guys, thank you for everything. I could not have done this without any of you and TRUELY appreciate all the hard work and sacrifices you guys made for the good of the Frank. Pictures will be up soon via Wagalude and Turbowagon94.

Stay tuned for future Frankenboost coverage!
    Last edited by H23Accord; 05-30-2005, 05:14 PM.
    "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Big ups! Lets see some pics!

Comment

Sounds great! Really want to see some pics....can't wait for you to post them!

Midwest car club

Current rides:
      91 accord lx (5spd)
      92 accord lx (5spd)
      93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

WOOT pics are needed. Congrats man, glad to see another Frank up and running!

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Awesome, glad to hear that you are back on the road. Cant wait to see the pics.

Comment

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so no mods were done to the sohc vtec block right all u did was swap the h22 head and boom it worked?

sorry if i sound a bit ancy(<--- word i made up)
            but im getting a good deal on a h22 head and intake with injectors etc..

thanks in advance, zoom....................
            92 accord dx....traded
            97 accord ex....traded
            93 civic si ....stolen
            96 tercel ....sold
            97 ek hatch b17 ..traded
            97 civic 4door b16 sold
            04 tsx traded ...for a honda coupe (top secret)

Comment

can i add this one to the list in my sig adam?? teheheh

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by zoomspeed05
                so no mods were done to the sohc vtec block right all u did was swap the h22 head and boom it worked?

sorry if i sound a bit ancy(<--- word i made up)
                but im getting a good deal on a h22 head and intake with injectors etc..

thanks in advance, zoom....................
                Somewhat of a DIY will most likely be put up. Wagalude and and Turbowagon94 have all the pics and will be posting them up soon. There were some modifications done but I think your questions will be answered once they post up pics and the DIY.

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                can i add this one to the list in my sig adam?? teheheh
                You had your hand in this one just like the other ones so looks like another one to add to your post!
                "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust

Comment

lil update.. idle datalog and 3rd gear pull

ANTOINE IS T3H MAN... only a .4 A/F difference from lowcam to high.. thats meh DAWG.. W00F W00F

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Man, I really wanna see a DIY on this. With the way my car is looking, I might sell it and just inherit my mom's '99 F23 (perfectly maintained), which would be the perfect candidate for a Frankenstein like this
                    Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                    ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

yea i need a diy on this two i have a f22b1 block sittin in my garge waiting for the h22 head(:P)
                      92 accord dx....traded
                      97 accord ex....traded
                      93 civic si ....stolen
                      96 tercel ....sold
                      97 ek hatch b17 ..traded
                      97 civic 4door b16 sold
                      04 tsx traded ...for a honda coupe (top secret)

Comment

Yea carlos, Antoine did an awesome job tuning. It pulls soooo smooth. The car basically feels like new. Power is very linear.

As for everyone else...it's coming. It is taking a while to get the pics all loaded up when I last spoke with Wagalude.

Comment

sorry fellas for the delay pics are loaded on the computer but me and wagalude have to sit down and write up the DIY on this so we make sure we get all the info to everyone that is interested. it's really pretty easy but a complete write up is coming. be patient we don't want to give out any wrong info.

Comment

u sure u dont wanna hit me up?? lol.. i know the DIY in my head already

<HYBRID FREAK

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

damn, another hybrid done to the car. can't wait to see this one to. I don't know how much I'll be on adam, so if antoine sends me a map, call me to let me know so I can get on a burn it for you.
                              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                              X