BOUGHT brembo rotors and AEM pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOUGHT brembo rotors and AEM pads

i just ordered a new brake setup for the front of my car, since my front OEM rotors warped and the pads are pretty much gone.

The setup that i opted for was brembo slotted/crossdrilled rotors and AEM high performance pads. I'm hoping this setup will last me awhile, and will create some decent braking, which i havent had ever since i bought the car

If this setup doesnt work, then ill prolly do powerslot rotors with brembo sport pads, but i think this setup should serve me well, because i dont really do that much 'hard' braking.

anyways, ill have it installed in a week and half or so, so i'll let you guys know!
    Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

that sounds sweet ben hopefully see it at one of the meets

LEAVE NO DOUBT!
    If God is for Me
    Who Dares be aganist Me!
    BX Crew
    HSHO # 6
    Lexotic Concepts 019

Comment

I'm sure that setup will be great! Let me know how they are....because I'm going to need new brakes in my 92 sometime soon and want to go aftermarket.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
      91 accord lx (5spd)
      92 accord lx (5spd)
      93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

i have the same setup and love it. hopefully you do too

Comment

i have the same setup as well, works like a charm, just dont get the brembo pads, they tend to be very dusty even under normal braking

dirty wheels=

Comment

pads make 90% of the diff IMO...anything ceramic will stop better.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I agree, and I think having upgraded pads on a stock rotor is an awesome option for bang for buck, considering most aftermarket rotors have been tested worse than oem rotors.

-nick

Comment

how long did your OEM last? or did u mean the rotors that were originally on the car?

was doing the rotor/hub easy? did u follow a DIY?
                hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by jdmhotness
                  I agree, and I think having upgraded pads on a stock rotor is an awesome option for bang for buck, considering most aftermarket rotors have been tested worse than oem rotors.

-nick
                  Word. If people are looking for a good setup that'll last longer, and brake much better, I would suggest Cobalt Friction rotors and AEM pads or the Pads on www.cobaltfriction.com. The reason why I suggest the cobalt friction over the regular Brembo blanks is that they will not have any surface rust.. which I hate seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by FishyMan
                    how long did your OEM last? or did u mean the rotors that were originally on the car?

was doing the rotor/hub easy? did u follow a DIY?
                    The OEM rotors lasted like 3 weeks before getting warped, because apparently OEM rotors warp on accords, because of the heat build up in the front wheels. My mechanic was kind of dumb, and so was i, *this was way back when i first bought the accord, and didnt know anything*, so then i had the rear discs replaced, cause they thought that might contribute to the wobble. I had this done and after another month same thing happened, so i;ve been living with warped rotors for about 4-5 months, they werent bad in the begining, but now they are horrible.

thanks guys for all the comments, im hoping the brakes will be awesome. all the stuff will be here on next thursday, but sadly i'll be on vacation, so all the stuff will be put on the car the following week.

Comment

cool man. Stopping power here william comes =)

Comment

so the OEM was new and it warped in 3 weeks? that seems wierd. a lot of people advocate using OEM. that just seems really odd, because everyone says more surface area will actually help; let a lone the brand being OEM.

but i'm not saying ur experience is a fake or what not, just that i've been told OEM rotors are best and what not. i'm also in search for some rotors, but can't seem to decide, shipping in brembo blanks are expensive and someone told me they rust like heck.
                        hahahahah

Comment

shipping on brembo crossdrilled rotors was only 25...

Comment

how much did it cost u to get em pressed on

Members Ride Thread

Comment

http://www.try-intools.com/

Saw that on another forum, all people with hub over rotor should have one in their toolset.

Comment

Working...
                              X