I don't know what engine I have!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what engine I have!

I cant tell if I have an F22a1 or whatever. I bought the car from a friend whe put in a new engine, which he says was a "stock engine." I know I dont have an A6. What are some features that you can tell what engine it is? It only says F22A on the block.
    My Ride!
    Anti-Idiot Crew #1

if the end code doesnt have a numerical suffix then i believe its jdm

Comment

Mine Too!!!!

mine doesnt have it eaither and i just installed it, but i know i have an a6 intake mani, anyway it pulls like a bull on crack, yyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy its jjjjjjjjdddddddmmmmmmmmmmmmm whojoooooo
      im rockin the jdm all stock, cmon be original bitshes!!!

Mc Donalds/Orlando meet 7/23/05

Comment

honda engines without numbers following the code are of japanese orgin...my boys civic is just a d15b...and my other friends accord is a f22a..like the engine i want is a f20a...like the dohc f22b..no numbers mean jdm.

Comment

look where the motor mount is attached. look down on the block and you will see a little 3x2 in retangle and it has the engine code or name or whatever on it. Take a look and let us know!

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
            look where the motor mount is attached. look down on the block and you will see a little 3x2 in retangle and it has the engine code or name or whatever on it. Take a look and let us know!
            ummmmmm....

Originally posted by JDM4DOORLX
            It only says F22A on the block.

Comment

clean it off, there may be a 1 hiding under all of the grime

Comment

so if its the jdm, what intake and exhaust mani is on it? whats its horsepwoer rating ive never heard of this before?
                ]

Comment

hard to tell the power they put out ive seen f22a,s....no 1,4,or 6 following the code w/ a a6 type manifold...look at a jdm f22b(dohc) all you have is those numbers on the block...like my boys civic engine all it has is d15b...thats it no numbers following that...it can be looked up on the internet i dont remember where though...i think the way the jdm engine codes work is that they are simplified being that japan is their country of orgin they dont use codes like they use on engines that they shipped to other country...compare a f series engine in the us and in europe they have codes we dont and we have codes they dont....they have f18,s and f20,s abudantly over their...so basically i think the numbers following the code on the block is for certain countrys and since the engine orignated in japan they dont put nu8mbers in those engines....dont quote me on that though...its just a theory i manifested...if you look close enough tat this pic you can see it only says f20a on the block
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by IBCNYA; 06-23-2005, 04:30 PM.

Comment

also the f22a,s ive seen look to have the ex or a6 manifold ion it but a jdm f20a has a lx or a1 manifold on it...f22a 145hp/ f20a sohc...135hp...but ive seen f20a,s with an lx intake manifold and ex exaust manifold so i guess it depends on what the previous owner had done to it in japan..or the options of the car it came from
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by IBCNYA; 06-23-2005, 04:20 PM.

Comment

got pics look

look up at last wo both are jdm engines...dud who started thread if your looks like the one in pic then yes its jdm and that is why you have a a6 manifold

Comment

anyone else got an opinion on this?...or an answer.

Comment

Shit it looks like I have a JDM F22A!!!
                          Cool beans. I cleaned(pressure washed) my engine and that is all it says.

Originally posted by IBCNYA
                          look up at last wo both are jdm engines...dud who started thread if your looks like the one in pic then yes its jdm and that is why you have a a6 manifold
                          That was me, but I have the A1 manifold.
                          My Ride!
                          Anti-Idiot Crew #1

Comment

I think the reason I have an A1 manifold is beacuse the previos owner might have just bought the engine minus some parts (ie. the intake mani.). This might be why I had to smog it illegally(timing wasa way off and it wouldn't pass the sniffer after we lowered it to 15 degrees.
                            My Ride!
                            Anti-Idiot Crew #1

Comment

So according to this, I have a JDM engine? Cool
                              Should I have a cover or something over that hole in the bellhousing where I can see inside?
                              My Ride!
                              Anti-Idiot Crew #1

Comment

Working...
                              X