Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trying to get traction control bars but ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to get traction control bars but ?

HEy everyone im trying to upgrade from a 2.5 downpipe to a 3-inch downpipe. But the thing is im trying to do so but it wont clear it because of the bar where the motormount sits on the crossmemeber i think. BUt hey guys how can i get the 3 inch downpipe i dont wanna pay no 450 for a set of traction control bars in there so what should i do. But then again i should.

traction control bars basically replace the front crossmember with a long VERY durable pipe. That pipe is welded/bolted onto brackets and those brackets are welded/bolted onto the frame. The radius rods are then replaced with an incredibly strong units called "hiem joints". They serve to completely eliminate any wheel hop and increases 60ft times by damn near literally glueing your tires to the pavement. The forces that act on the tires to normally cause them to shift and back are now acting to push the tire forward and into the pavement. They are designed so that the harder you launch the car the more traction you gain. And the bar itself creates a crap load of room so you can route things like 3" downpipes

Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

good luck finding a company that makes those for cb7's

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
        good luck finding a company that makes those for cb7's
        We can use prelude crossmembers too don't forget. But not many companies make thoses either...........

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

yo but check this out i hear z10motorsports makes em and im about go give them a shoutout.

Comment

mmmmmmmm i want traction control bars....

Comment

Okay everyone I spoke to the guy who works for z10motorsports . He told me he may come and take a look at the cb7 and take measurements and then take it back for the time and material. On the other hand i have to take the car to the shop and have him measure it and then we can go from there. For all of those who are interested he said they may go for 350 so if you want everyone try to get your moeny together because i need 10 people who wanna really do this shit. Youll never have to worry about traction issues nomore. Collective racing was supposed to do this shit earlier but they where so called busy on what i dont know.

Comment

Are these mainly for drag racing, and in a straight line? Or are they also benfitial for cornering?

Comment

both

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
                    Are these mainly for drag racing, and in a straight line? Or are they also benfitial for cornering?

think about it..

if ur coming out of a corner.. and mash it.. u do lose traction(if u have the power) from turning.. in some instances..

also.. it will make the front end more rigid.. which will also assist u in handling..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

FYI, the first pic of the red traction bars are from Z10. Traction bars, lsd, and slicks...u could do consistant 1.7-1.8 60ft's on even a stock h22 i'd say. Wish i could help you out and be one of your 10 sparkle but i've got too many other things goin on brotha. I'll help out as best i can tho

And yea aero it would help cornering alot also. It literally makes your chassis and suspension close to a 1-piece design.

Comment

Im goin all out im tryin to get this shit done for us even if it takes a month with my car being in the shop. Im willing to take it as far as getting it copied so all of cb7tuner will have some form of market goin for us. Because not everyone can or wants to drive a civic or integra sorry to say .

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                          Im goin all out im tryin to get this shit done for us even if it takes a month with my car being in the shop. Im willing to take it as far as getting it copied so all of cb7tuner will have some form of market goin for us. Because not everyone can or wants to drive a civic or integra sorry to say .
                          thank you very much...oh yes how im interested in this. also i think that according2r? the kid from canade with the white h22 sedan is interested.. but as of now i cant afford it..still building the motor. but kep us updated.

Comment

okay i reread your post about the 10 people. what is the time frame and can i get more specs, is this a bolt in or a weld up setup. shoot me a PM

Comment

The people from z10engineering in about 2 weeks set me up a schedule for him to come by and measure the my car while its on the lift. The time waiting on this is approximately 2 weeks he has to take to make it. But theres no welding involved its a straight bolt on he told me he can custom fab it up for me. BUt he told me it can cost anywhere from 500-1000. HE then told me if i can get a presell kit goin starting about 10 peeps it can drop to 350 which is what im tryin to do for all of us.

Perhaps Accordsir will be even faster with this bas aswell as me and many other member who wish to eliminate a couple of weak links and bugs to auto-x drag their cb7's. Maybe this chasis may come through after all if not imma snatch 1 off an integra take measurements and have another shop custom my shit if it comes to that. Bt the guy lives in Newjersey Off the verrazano bridge. It takes him a hour and a half to get off the bridge inwhich ill be waiting at the shop for him to measurethe ride. Hes supposedly goin on vacation and hell be back on the 18th or 19 of this month. This should give me enough time to get the cb7 ready. with the manfold on so he can see how it will work out.

Comment

Working...
                              X