Stock '90 DX 5 spd 1/4 run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock '90 DX 5 spd 1/4 run

this video is proof of the potential of the f22a1.. not sure if this guy had a freak motor or not... but damn.

it's a stock 1990 DX w/ 5 speed tranny... check out his 1/4 mile ET

http://www.cb7tuner.com/stockdxrun.WMV

bone stock dx...damn and what do you run steve with your f22a6??? hahah. if he can run that on a dx, i think i can get near that time with my automatic ex. when i win some cash or something ill take it to the track and see what time i get.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
      bone stock dx...damn and what do you run steve with your f22a6??? hahah. if he can run that on a dx, i think i can get near that time with my automatic ex. when i win some cash or something ill take it to the track and see what time i get.
      yeah, but he had 5 speed... i have an automatic trans.

i could probably squeeze times like that too if i had a manual transmission. i mean, my engine is definitely capable of those times... it's just the slow shifting of the damn auto tranny.

i guarantee you... that the best times you will see with your automatic are high 16s (16.8, 16.9s).

Comment

heheh ill be satisfied with anything in the 16 range. my car pulls like hell though, its weird. thats why i want to take it to the track to see what i can hit.

but yes we do have automatics haha. i seen some people race/dyno their car without a filter. imma do that hahaha. when i get some extra cash. i hope my times wont be an embarrasment.

dang though with all your mods and still that time...whats the difference between f22a4 and the f22a6 ( i have a f22a4).
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

heheh ill be satisfied with anything in the 16 range. my car pulls like hell though, its weird. thats why i want to take it to the track to see what i can hit.

but yes we do have automatics haha. i seen some people race/dyno their car without a filter. imma do that hahaha. when i get some extra cash. i hope my times wont be an embarrasment.

dang though with all your mods and still that time...whats the difference between f22a4 and the f22a6 ( i have a f22a4).
          f22a4, that's a '93 LX engine right?
          if so, you have 15 less hp than the f22a6...

just check my media thread on my 1/4 mile run... you'll get a good idea of what your auto will do.

Comment

f22a4 is stronger than the lx motor. and mine is a ex. haha i wouldnt clean an lx. haha

off the line, the lx i can eat...and the dx is crap.

i think another difference is that the ex has 2 tail pipes where as the lx and dx have 1
            Last edited by accordztech; 08-07-2003, 02:57 PM.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

f22a4 is stronger than the lx motor. and mine is a ex...
              F22A4 SOHC non-vtec 130hp 142lb/ft 4G 90-91 USDM EX/SE 85b/95s
              F22A6 SOHC non-vtec 140hp 142lb/ft 4G 92-93 USDM EX/SE 85b/95s

you have the F22a4, bruh.

Comment

damn u. haha. isnt ur car faster than steves? you know i been looking around, and not many has the f22a4...most have f22a1 i think. i never seen many a6's though. congrats on the a6...ill take u one day haha.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

damn u. haha. isnt ur car faster than steves? you know i been looking around, and not many has the f22a4...most have f22a1 i think. i never seen many a6's though. congrats on the a6...ill take u one day haha.
                  lol.. I'm pretty sure the f22a6 only came out on the SE models for the 90-91 year.

Comment

SE didnt come out to 93 right? that car is slow...i hit one up...he was an auto.

im trying to stop racing ahah

Retro!

Hater

Comment

SE didnt come out to 93 right?...
                      nope... there was an SE model from 90-93

Comment

Originally posted by Black92accord
                        nope... there was an SE model from 90-93
                        correct ... one of my dads business associates has a 91 se with 350k on it ... still runnin strong, original engine!

Comment

se's are only 91 and 93, not 90 and 92. also they both have the f22a6. 91 se was the first car with the f22a6 and then the 92-93 ex's and the 93 se got it. all se's are auto.
                          HSHO #3

Comment

off the line, the lx i can eat...and the dx is crap.

Damn man, I almost forgot that the DX and the LX had the same exact motors! Also, it almost slipped my mind that the DX also weighs less than an LX!

Oh my god!!! Those DX's are SOO much slower because they say DX! They don't have power accessories, so they weigh less. Even though they share the same motor as an LX, they are so much slower! WHATS GOING ON?!?!?!

For Sale: CB7 Climate Control Knobs. Replace your broken ones. $8 shipped or $15 for two. Even hondaautomotiveparts.com sells them for $8.79 BEFORE shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7

if it matters, the f22a4 came in the 92-93 lx's and the dx's got the f22a1, as did the 90-91 lx's........but it's only 5-10hp....i kinda agree with you though
                              Incorrect. There were no f22a4's after 1991. All 90-93 DX and LX had the f22a1.

The f22a4 was only 1990-91 EX.

For Sale: CB7 Climate Control Knobs. Replace your broken ones. $8 shipped or $15 for two. Even hondaautomotiveparts.com sells them for $8.79 BEFORE shipping.

Comment

Working...
                              X