auto to manual swap average costs$$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto to manual swap average costs$$$

Ok. i did a search on this but couldnt find it....

Im curious how much an auto to manual swap...would cost on average ..i know this varies..but what do you think is a fair price for the labor...thanks...

I know i have to buy a
    - manual tranny $150 with ecu
    -clutch assembly

well im just curious about labor..im not gonna do it myself becuase i dont have the tools..i want a shop to do it
    how much do you guys think a fair price for auto to manual swap would be? how much did you pay for yours?

i got a quote for 800 but im doing it myself
    www.2camcrew.com

Comment

If it's being done without a motor swap....usually around $800 or so labor.

If it's being done WITH a motor swap, then shops usually only add on like $200-300 labor to the motor swap cost. That's because mounting the master cylinder and running the clutch lines is TONS easier without the motor in there and it would be pulled for the motor swap anyways.

My Accord History:
      91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

thanks guys...im starting to see my f22a6 come to life..i dont want to do an h22 yet..but i do plan on it..!!!

Comment

cost really depends on what part of town your in. if you have quite a few shops around most are gonna be about the same. i have about a hand full of shops around to do work. i only got quotes from two of them though. I got a 600 and a 700. a few years ago one of these shops quoted me for 2k but that was with them supplying everything. i hear and found out myself its a heck of alot cheaper gathering your own parts. i too will be letting a shop do my swap next year for i don't have the tools nor a garage of my own and can't afford any mess ups on my behalf. i don't really have the time and patience to try to gain experience at this time.
          91 Ex CB9
          JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
          p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
          Weight Reductions
          R33 or R34 front end

Comment

Working...
          X