Just installed HID and I LOVE IT!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just installed HID and I LOVE IT!!

I just installed HID, and I LOVE it. I only paid $288 plus shipping. It's all plug and play, and SUPER easy to install. It SIGNIFICANTLY improved my vision and made driving at night so much easier. I'm all USDM, so I don't know how the JDM headlights would act. Aside from the cooler light, signs are easier to see and I think everybody should get them for their CB.

it's all buy-it-now, so don't flame. The kit is VERY high quality and looks awesome. The ballasts are made by the Denso/Koito Company of Japan which makes all the LED lighting for Honda. (If you have a factory spoiler, you will see their logo imprinted on the LED bar) The bulbs are Osram which are used on the S2000. I will try and post pics of where I installed the ballasts on my car... but check his kits out if you're interested in HID.

Integra9006hid auctions

well at least you already got good oem ballasts and bulbs so you can do it the right way in the future

My members ride thread

Comment

congrats. Later on in the future you should think about graudating to retrofiting OEM projectors, so you don't blind people anymore

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
      www.maketradefair.com

Comment

HID is awesome. I have a 10000k HID kit on my jdm 1 piece's, and it looks really nice.

Comment

actually, i haven't been flashed at all. I had to majorly re-adjust my headlights tho. They were focused WAY too low. Since Xenon light is much higher on the light spectrum, you have to compensate for it by adjusting your headlights up more so the beam can spread out. Halogens spread light by nature, so don't need precise aiming. But xenon needs much more attention and care to be manually "directed." I was sure to get the D2R bulbs with the little painted out part just like the stock 9006's. I was in front of some jack ass in a Civic Si last night. he obviously had the wrong bulbs (D2S) in his car cause I was about blinded by his headlights. I heard that's why it's important to get the D2R bulbs if you have reflector headlights like ours. I will post pics soon...

by the way, one cool thing is that you can see the design of the reflector very clearly with HID. there are two opposing dashes that shine out on each side of the pattern. The left goes down to light the pavement markings, and the right goes up to light signs and the side of the road. it looks kinda like this....

__ O O ---
          Last edited by xaxis360; 09-12-2005, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Yeah, they go like that unless you have jdm lights. Since they drive on the other side of the road their headlights are setup a little different. So you get to blind people coming towards you.

Comment

Originally posted by xaxis360
              Since Xenon light is much higher on the light spectrum, you have to compensate for it by adjusting your headlights up more so the beam can spread out. Halogens spread light by nature, so don't need precise aiming. But xenon needs much more attention and care to be manually "directed."
              Uh... say what?

I've read and reread what you've typed and it appears to me someone's been feeding you some bad information. If you've pointed your stock lamps up "to compensate" as you said, I am really glad you're in Ohio and not around my neck of the woods.
              Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

Where did you buy the kit from, $288 is pretty cheap.

Comment

on one of the maxima forums, i tihnk it was 250 shipped for a really good kit.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I had info about a group buy on superhonda.com a few months back when I got my kit... like $240 shipped and they are really good. Nobody was interested though.

Comment

Working...
                    X