Wiring JDm headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring JDm headlights

OK, i got my JDM headlights and i know theres a whole slew of info about them on here, but what i can't seem to find is exactly what people are doing to wire them to the OEM harness. I want to put these on soon, but im not sure how to wire them. I read about the option of finding an old Lincoln, im just wondering if there are other ways. Thanks for the help guys.

go to like advanced auto parts or some auto parts store and get the hook up, bring in the headlight with you if need be, and find the one with the 3 prong that will plug right into the back for hte low beams and the 2 prgon hook up for the high's. Then all you gotta do is cut off the OEM plug and just wire up the new one, its only 2 wires your going to wire up, and black and a red, takes like literally 2 minutes if that, to wire them up, not inclusing removing old headlight and bumper, that takes a little more.

^sold

Comment

Christ, i can't believe i never thought of that. Im guessing the 194 corners are the same then?

Comment

yes.. the bulbs for the corners are the same

its actually two wires for each light, so 8 all together. not too hard. if i could do mine all over again i would just splice into the wiring without cutting off the USDM plugs just in case i need to put my USDM lights back on. but oh well

good luck with the install and dont forget to notch the bottom brackets to fit properly

Comment

u could use 88 lincoln towncar plugs

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by lowoctane
            ...Then all you gotta do is cut off the OEM plug...
            i bought a plug to fit the h4 bulbs in the jdm lights and then two plugs to fit the hi and low beam plugs on the car to make it truely plug an play when wired together. i spent a lil more but i didn't have to cut the factory wires and there's more wire length to help out.

Comment

i want to use mey jdms in the summer then switch to the usdms what should i do is there an easy way. i want if so i can remove ... install and go
              我愛我的本田

Comment

i got all four male ends (two 9005's and two 9006's) from this website: http://www.suvlights.com/index.php?c...1f505522db5090 and got 4 h4/h1 style 3-pin connectors from autozone and spliced them directly to each other, making four mini adaptor harnesses. easily removable to put USDM headlights back in, or to move to another car.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

thats a real nice link mike Will come in handy for those who dont want to cut the usdm harness.

Comment

Originally posted by AirRide Accord
                    thats a real nice link mike Will come in handy for those who dont want to cut the usdm harness.
                    definately. and if you want to buy the H1/H4 connectors right from that same website, make sure you get the female versions. for the 9005/9006 connectors, buy male.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

wow,

i sell these with all the plugs and all you have to do is match the colors
                      welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

Working...
                      X