How to roll back ODO???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to roll back ODO???

As the title states...how do I roll my odometer back?!? My new F22A came with papers and it's only got 54,XXX miles on it...we put it in and I was wanting to know how to roll my mileage down to match the newer engine/tranny. I read a thread a while back on here about this, and I ran a search, but came up with nothing...any help is appreciated...

Nobody know?? It's help to get it done while my guages are out...bump.

Comment

hmm isn't Illegal to do that? and doesent' it have to match your emmisons test? I don't have emmisions here so I don't really know?
      Originally posted by rickyduckworth
      i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

no emissions here either, but when I go to inspection I take my reciept and papers from my engine and tell em that my dad's shop did it and seeing how everything is legit, they'll let it fly, already called, but who cares?!?

Comment

my freind did it to his civic i will ask him how he did it ill i know is that he used a drill but ill get more info and post it up soon

Comment

It's illegal regardless of the mileage on the motor.

Comment

who cares if nobody is checking..

Comment

Well, somebody at some point WILL check, like when the car is sold, and the seller will be up shit creek without a paddle.

"Papers" don't mean anything, the odo is supposed to match the CAR, not the engine.

Seriously, why go through all the hassle for zero benefit? Pointless, and ultimately deceitful.
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Easy: don't do the odometer, as this could be potentially found on a Carfax report.

When its time to sell the car, tell the buyer that the body has blah1 number of miles, and the engine has blah2 number of miles.

Oh, and it is illegal in most if not all states.
                  Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                  2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                  2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                  2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

if you do that and try to sell the car at any point. you can get in major trouble

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

what would happen is you needed to put another gauge cluster in it? and it had a diff mileage?
                      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

what if he just keeps the car? or said how it had the guages replaced...

Comment

No worries, Im not sellin my BABY...you guys are ridiculous!! Just want my mileage to match the engine, that's all. No emissions test, and only inspected if I move into city limits. Calm down guys, IF the car were to be sold, (highly doubt it) I'm keeping tabs on the miles that are added to my mile mark, and will accordingly roll to correct mileage (new mileage is 54,000 and I drive 10,000 miles before selling, that = 64k-54k+155k=165k miles, simple as that...) Im just doing this for myself, to keep tabs on the mileage of my new engine.

Comment

Duh - no kidding. What are you suppose to do if you upgrade to a JDM Cluster or swap one out from a junk yard? Of course your going to have different mileage!!!

True, if you keep track of your miles just update it back when or IF you sell and inform buyer (of mileage differences, that is - not that you changed it).

As for updating the mileage to your motor, just pop everything out. I don't recommend it but:

92-93s have one drill and one metal punch type slot on the rear of the meter that will need to be drilled out.

As for the 90-91s, both are screws so just unscrew and update.

I've seen a friend do it - just to match his jdm swap. Not difficult but time consuming.
                            www.StreetLightz.com

Comment

seriously, id take a pic of the odometer, make copies of the papers so when you do sell it or someone questions that shit, you have multiple sources to prove your case.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X