X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REVIEW: Neuspeed Race Springs

*All suspension setups are paired with Neuspeed Koni Yellow shocks*

What are they:
    These springs are made from a reputable company with experience in suspension primarily in German vehicles but also in other imports. Neuspeed springs boast an aggressive, raked look. Race springs state a drop of roughly 2 inches in rear a little lower in front.

Price:
    Bought them new for $145.

Review:
    This is my 6th suspension setup and my favorite thus far. Upon installation the car sat low in the rear (about 2 fingers gap) and high in the front (3.5 fingers gap). After lowering it via Konis, it now sits at 2 finger gap all around. This is by far the best setup I have ever had on the car. With this setup I can actually let other people drive my car (such as my dad) and not have to worry about telling them to avoid potholes or being scared that they may scrape the bottom of the car on something. I can clear all speedbumps and I
    have not bottomed out yet on potholes. I have been purposely hitting
    stuff ever since I got this setup just to see what it can take and what it
    can't. So far I have hit everything fast except for speedbumps and curbstyle
    driveways. I just can't bring myself to do it and so I still creep over or
    up them although I don't see any reason why I wouldn't be able to just
    take them no problem. My ride is smooth and controlled. There are times when
    I am in a parking lot that has uneven and broken road where there may be a
    little more rebound than wanted...but it is probably my only con I can think of
    and right now I am really trying to think up cons. The pros far outweigh the
    cons on this setup. I love this setup. I would only wish it to be a tad
    stiffer but that may be the fact that I just need to turn the dial on
    the shocks some more because I still have at least a half turn to go before
    I am at full firm. At the softer setting I have it at now, it is still a
    confident,firm, and very smooth ride. compared to stock the ride is
    smoother although the OEM setup was softer and therefore may be confused
    for being smoother in certain situations.
    I have been through a couple sets of coilovers, Eibach Pro Kit, H&R sports,
    Neu. Sports, and by far this is the best setup and I am ANAL when it comes to suspension.

Pros:
    Car sat how I wanted. Ride quality was better and smoother than stock and smoother than the Sport springs. One of my favorite spring setups. Would recommend to anyone looking for a fantastic matched spring/shock setup.

Cons:
    I just wish it was a tad firmer but that is just the racer in me talking.
    "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Very good writeup. I will be getting this setup I think after winter. It's good to know about your car scraping or not. I was wondering about that.

Why don't we have a part review section? With writeups just like this.

Damn, I just saw you wrote like 4 other writeups...
    Last edited by uslspct; 10-30-2005, 01:09 PM.
    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

I agree with neuspeeds springs man they are very good. Ive been rocking them on my ride and ive had no problems what so ever . My cars been through hell and abck with it hell i even hit a big rock that some truck that kicked it back at me tried to avoid it and still hit.

I pulled over and checked it out of curiosity and my tires and rims saved me being they are a fat 205/55r15 whew. All and all when i see a slammed car i go damn that used to be me thankgod i can go out for a drive and not fear potholes. The real ones to watch out for are the rolls coming up from those heavy ass dumptrucks pushing up the ground.

Comment

go race springs

Comment

hmmm, they drop the same as the H&R Race...hmmmmm
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
            hmmm, they drop the same as the H&R Race...hmmmmm
            Yes but i believe the spring rates are higher for the Neuspeed springs. It was rumored at one point that the 2 companies were one in the same. There has also been rumor otherwise. Either way, the springs are different.
            "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust

Comment

Any way at all you can post a pic of the drop? And where would I be able to find these springs/shocks cheap? I was considering getting the neuspeed cup kit that has this combo for around 600 dollars.

cup kit link

If you know anywhere that has it cheaper let me know.

Comment

It is the only pic I can think of off hand. My car is always around the same height since I always adjust it with the Konis.

The price that you have on the cup kit is probably one of the best prices for it and am not aware of any place that actually sells the cup kit other than the actual site.

Comment

Originally posted by H23Accord
                  The price that you have on the cup kit is probably one of the best prices for it and am not aware of any place that actually sells the cup kit other than the actual site.
                  Yes, it is the best deal around. I don't think many people realize it even exists. I keep saying I'm gonna buy it before they take away that deal.
                  Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                  -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                  MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by H23Accord

It is the only pic I can think of off hand. My car is always around the same height since I always adjust it with the Konis.

More than likely I am going to go with the cup kit. I just wish they dropped it alittle lower.

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
                      More than likely I am going to go with the cup kit. I just wish they dropped it alittle lower.
                      Well actually it can. I think I was at full height in the rear and close to the bottom notch in the front. This was low enough for me. It was perfect for clearing all obstacles while still maintaining a great ride quality. Handling was greatly increased as well. It was roughly 2 fingers all around in that pic. My car actually sat lower than that in the front with the Neu. Sport springs.

Comment

Working...
                      X