Preventing Under steer on turns in FF cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preventing Under steer on turns in FF cb7

Now i know that FF have a lot of understeer..but i want to try to prevent it ..or knock it down a lil bit......I have been noticing that lately i have been getting a lot of understeer when i exit an off interstate ramp @ high speeds.....my car seems to not want to turn as tight as it should....now i have a 2 inch drop and kyb aGX's....also i have Megan upper tower front and rear tower bars ...the only thing i can think of to prevent under steer or decrease it is
    1) Lower the car another inch <currenlty have eiback sportlines>
    2) relocate my battery to the trunk...weight distrobution
    3) get better traction on the front tires..... <steelies with touring tires on the front....z rated low pro tires on the rear (ghetto)

is there anything else i can do?

Getting only better traction in the front wont help.. you will get more oversteer, but then you will end up spinning. I put rcompounds on the front, and car was swinging all over the place.

If you really want a difference, best thing hands down is a REAR sway bar from Progress. REAR ONLY. The rear will help you, adding a front, makes it stiffer, but gives you more understeer.

If you are running really cheap tires, that will help in sticking to the pavement, but just a rear sway bar will give you the most noticable difference. Lowering some will give you a little more negative camber but will also decrease the ability of your suspension to move up and down, and wont help with cornering at high speeds since you will get a nice bouncyness.

Comment

realy all you need is a well balence suspenion and tires but the main key is teknic is what make the car starting at the right line and finshing at the right line i have h22 with lsd and still kick ass with out understeering and make civic look like jeeps because of lack of skill

Comment

rear sway...

change all ur bushings... i changed my front sway bushings and made a huge diff. (cuz they really didnt exist)

lot of my understeer problem was solved when my r compounds warmed up after 3 laps (i love my ra1's....)

and oh, i go stiffer setting on the back than front. higher pressure on the rear tires too

--for more rotation.

now i just need more power for the straights and shorter gearing...
        Last edited by f22-dohc; 11-07-2005, 12:45 AM.
        welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

how good are thows "ra1's" im runing falkens azenas

Comment

Originally posted by f22-dohc
            ...i go stiffer setting on the back than front. higher pressure on the rear tires too ...
            best advice yet

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

you can buy a 350z and drift through the corners HEHEHEHHEEHEH
              To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

get a thick ass rear sway... progressive sells a nice one for 160 shipped. also a lsd will help with handling but i don't know if it will help curing understeer..

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
                  **edited because this post is just as fucking pointless as my nipples are....don't post shit like this again, dude or you're gone**
                  Last edited by rickyduckworth; 11-07-2005, 07:23 AM.
                  www.2camcrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
                    post a video please

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by jdmkid
                      if you knew how to drift ******
                      I honestly don't know where that came from, or why you felt the need to say that

Sit back, relax and don't talk to others here like that again
                      ~~~~~~~

Comment

**edited because this post is just as fucking pointless as my nipples are....don't post shit like this again, dude or you're gone**
                        um well considering i know 93EXaesthetic alot better than you do, it was simply a little inside joke. He has been keeping his eye out for a 350z because he likes it. He has talked to me numerous times about it and i thought this would be funny to post. There was no need to reflect your own hate against me in public threads. Anyways a rear way bar will help although the largest difference you can make in order to deal with this problem is changing your driving technique. try coming in a little slower, and then accelerating hard out of the corner, let us know how this works out.
                        To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

are u a moderator?

Comment

Originally posted by starkrice
                            how good are thows "ra1's" im runing falkens azenas

they are fairly new...so its still on the DOT part.. regardless heres a result:

azenis st115 coming from a hairpin to a straight... i hit 150

ra1 out of the same corner 160-165 (i can hit 170 i think--i have to get hawk blues so i can brake later-- itr's wrx hit 180+ on this)

one of the hairpins i exited with azenis at 60 with ra'1 80+ (the pic on my sig...i keep up with b18/b16's here...my tq and gearing is perfect for this one its a high speed curve)

with my ra'1, i catch up to the faster cars on turns...

ra1's to me are by far the best investment for me for lapping. no more screeching on turns,

oh shit, these are km/ btw
                            Last edited by f22-dohc; 11-07-2005, 04:52 PM.
                            welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

Oh my damn more drifting LOl I love the 350 but i want to see the 350 go at it witht he G35 DROOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X