which is better to turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which is better to turbo

my allmost stock SOHC F22 or swap a DOHC VTEC H22 into my 4thGEN accord,it will be cheaper if i turbo the F22 with a T3/T4 turbo but i will probably have to rebuild or will the engine hold it and if it does it will prbably lag BAD!!!!and my F22 right now has transmission/linkage problems so im leaning to the H22 because there is someone in my area that is sellng a H22 /trans/and ECU that has 20,000 miles on it for 2,000 but first i need to sell my high performance gaming computer with 19" monitior and call of duty2 and my PSP with battlefield2 a 3000$ value to get the swap and turbo kit,thanks lots,4th GEN for life

Well if your looking for boost I'd probly go with the F22. The F22 has lower compression. I believe it's 9.1. It would probly be smart to rebuild the head if your going to boost. But I have heard of cb7's runing 8 to 10 pounds of boost on the stock F22's (every day drivers) and had no problems. I'v heard there alot of lag and problems when boosting VTEC. A boosted F22 running about 6..7 PSI, would probly make the same power as stock H22, if not more. Me...Personally.....I'm going with the H22. Thought about doing F22 Boost...But nah....I want that DOHC VTEC!!!

Hoped I'v helped out!! Good Luck!
    5th Gen. Lude Team I <3 JDM

Comment

im goin back tot it too boost is not enough frills for me anymore only headaches

Comment

Stock for stock the f22 is a better motor to boost because of the sleeves. Built for built the h22 will make more power due to a better flowing head. Personally I would buy the h22, sleeve it, build it and turbocharge it.
        Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
        registration is free

Comment

thanks well i was allready thinking about just getting the H22 because my engine is very slow right now the guy who had it before me did something but it tops out in 5th at 110 mph and the weird thing is my fellow friend who has a 4th gen to all stock will top out at 135 mph in 5th ?????? i just dont get it ,oh yeah and can anyone tell me if the turbo kits on ebay for a 90-93 accord for only 850$ are worth it i looked at the pics it has every thing execpt intercooler piping ,and i couldnt tell if there was a wastegate,and i didnt see a down pipe, 4th-GEN 4 life

Comment

Working...
          X