Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Welcome to the Beginner Forums! (Also known as "Why am I here!")

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Beginner Forums! (Also known as "Why am I here!")

Welcome aboard!

Be sure to read the rules!
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

To all the brand new users: your posting is restricted to these forums until you reach a post count of 30. Off Topic posts don't count (same with the animal forum and the image gallery), and any "whoring" (unnecessary posts) in the rest of the forum will be deleted as they are discovered. Excessive whoring will just get your post count reset to ZERO. Repeat offenses, or clear "I'm just trying to get to 30" statements may result in a permanent ban. So post questions, be helpful, discuss... you'll be out in the real world soon! You may still search and read the full forum.

When you DO reach 30 posts, it may take up to an hour for your status to change. The forum refreshes every hour. I cannot set it to do it any sooner (I have tried). Be patient!

To the older members with under 30 posts: I'm sorry for the inconvenience! Get to 30 and you're out!

-edit-

Also, I noticed that people seem to be using this as the "hi, i'm new" thread... this is not the place to introduce yourself. This thread was necessary to explain the Beginner Forums AGAIN (if you notice, it's been done quite a few times...). If you say "hi" in here, nobody really cares. Either you just don't get it, or you're trying to whore your way to 30...
    Feel free to make a thread here in the Beginner Off Topic section introducing yourself, and maybe a thread in the Beginner Image Gallery to show off your car. People will be much more responsive there, and they might actually give a damn!

For those that are wondering, you will be unable to have a signature until you get 30 posts.

I think that if a lot of the stickies from the regular forums were moved into the beginner forums, a lot of questions would be answered, such as the Appearance stickies about the 90-91/92-93 differences and Popular Appearance thread index.

It'd just be more helpful because the beginners are less likely to browse the regular forums since they wouldn't be able to post there.

Just an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by d2privat11
      I think that if a lot of the stickies from the regular forums were moved into the beginner forums, a lot of questions would be answered, such as the Appearance stickies about the 90-91/92-93 differences and Popular Appearance thread index.

It'd just be more helpful because the beginners are less likely to browse the regular forums since they wouldn't be able to post there.

Just an opinion.

Good suggestion, maybe just a link in a sticky to all the most helpful information. If I actually get some homework done tonight, i'll try to do it.

Comment

That is a good idea... And yes, links to the stickes, rather than copying the stickies, would be a better idea. Maybe people will get the hint that a lot of the info they want is readily availible on the board!

Comment

Im surprised nobody else is bitchin....I got outraged when I seen the little caption under the beginner forums sayin I had to have 30 posts....but oh well If it needs to be done then it will.

Comment

Originally posted by DilutedImage
            While I can certainly understand the desire to keep new members from posting 'for sale' ads, is there any chance you might unlock the 'wanted' forum to new users? ... I'm in need of some parts, and would really like to let people know what I'm looking for. And I imagine I'm not the only 'new person' looking for specific parts.
            The only bad thing about that is that the "wanted" forums solicit "I have this for sale" posts. Therefore, new members can sell things in there... and scam people that way. Not that having 30 posts will prevent someone from scamming, but it's an extra step that might make it too much work for a petty scammer.

Plus, the 30 post thing isn't just for scammer protection. It's for "dumb question" protection. You can ask anything you want in here and you won't get yelled at. Anyone who decides to be disrespectful to a new member here can take a week off. In the rest of the forum, questions that have been covered a million times are often attacked... I try to keep that under control, but it's not easy. At least here, the new members can get it out of thir system.

Comment

It's not an instant thing. I believe the software makes changes on the hour... so in an hour or so, you'll be able to post elsewhere. I wasn't able to set it for less.

Comment

so after 30 posts I can post anywhere on the forum?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  The only bad thing about that is that the "wanted" forums solicit "I have this for sale" posts. Therefore, new members can sell things in there... and scam people that way.
                  I didn't think of it that way. That definitely makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up!

Comment

so i have to post 30 posts to be able to post anywhere else?

Comment

nice car! wish they kept the legend line

Comment

i love those old legends they werealmost ahead of their time on that one. yes they rust where all the hondas rust.lol

Comment

I never thought I have to post here first before I can post anywhere else because as far as I remember I posted questions in the swap forums before. Thats why I finally completed my first auto to man conversion and engine swap. This site rocks!

Anyway, I want to reach 30 posts asap so I can start getting some parts I need and also sell some of my Cb7 parts.
                          Sky rockets in flight..... afternoon deeeelight!!

Comment

Im New To Site.i Have A Few Mods Such As Intake, Headers, Straight Pipe Exhaust,and A Stage One Clutch. Thats Just The Beginning, Soon I Will Post Pics..... Where Can I Get A Cb7 Decal
                            TOPEND PERFORMANCE
                            R.I.P SPIRO

Comment

welcome to the site. go the for sale section of this forum and click on lowfrostcb7's Decal Store. contact that dude for a decal.
                              1990 Accord 4dr EX R.I.P
                              1991 Integra LS......sold
                              1992 Civic Hatch......sold
                              1994 Accord 4dr Ex.....Sold
                              1991 240sx...............sold
                              1991 Integra......work in progress
                              1993 Accord 4dr Ex......daily driver

Comment

Working...
                              X