Pics of my RSX seat swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics of my RSX seat swap.

All I have for now. I just thought i'd work on the passenger seat so I can assess what need to be done. and once I got that down, I'll be able to do my driver seat much quicker.

For anyone interested...nothing lines up at all. And you have to swap your stock seatbelt receiver (name?) onto the seat which only takes 5 minutes.

I also plan on hooking up the seat warmers soon enough.

They also won't go any Farther back than in the picture. It's alright for me, although I just like to know I have the option of sliding back should I want to. I'm around 5'11" and i have fairly long legs. But the driver side is height adjustable too, so I'll get the most out of that combined with the recline, and I'm sure I can get it alright. I put my stock driver seat in the same place as the RSX one to get an idea of how it would change, it's not that much different for me. But if you're taller, don't do this swap or somehow custom make a lot of shit.

For the front, I got a 90* 1/4 steel piece cut to 19"...Drilled holes for the stock holes, and then centered 2 holes in between those, so the seat will be centered properly, as the rails on the RSX ones are a few inches narrower.
    The back left rail mount screws in flat to the floor, but once the front is hooked up you will see what needs to be done...it needs to bolt extend about an inch and a half out (more towards the center console) and an inch and a half back. So when I have time on Friday, I'll get something going. As for the rear mount closest to the door. it seems to line up with the hole, but there's about a 2 finger gap. I can't just use a longer bolt with spacers, or a block of metal, as the threads are tapped on an agle, so it would have to come from that angle. So what I plan on doing, is grinding the mount off the rail, and just reinstalling it that inch and a half or so closer forward on the rail.

If anyone has some better tips or knows someone that did this. I could use some ideas.

Shoutout to my buddy Pat "Return-my-calls" Trong, for hooksing a brother up with a good deal, and for being so damn Asian.
    Last edited by DeathFromAbove; 03-29-2006, 01:35 AM.

looks good...i think the black leather looks good with your interior

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

i agree, although black pretty much goes with anything. I'm thinking of maybe finding some black interior parts, like door handle/trim and a back leather seat from a later accord. But my main thing right now is just getting both of these in with safety in mind.

If I can get something working for the back mounts that's not too butch, I might right up a DIY.

These seats are pretty cheap too. Well I got them off my friend who's gutting his car and going all track crazy on it. 400$ CND and he told me I can have the back seat if I want too cause he don't want it. OEM quality, and same price as Ebay knockoffs. Teh winzors!!!1one!1eleven
      Last edited by DeathFromAbove; 03-27-2006, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Looks good man, I was going through the same thing you were today, I was trying to fit some recaros in that were meant for an eg, and it is a major PITA. How are you getting the seats in without any welding? because arn't you going to need the bar that goes across the like .---. that?
        My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

For the front you mean? Check the second pic. you see the 90* steel rail bolting into the stock holes, and then centered properly, I drilled 2 holes that I bolted the narrower rsx rails to. It's sturdy steel cause it's bent so it bends over the top...I had to buy longer M10 bolts and use about a centimeter of thick quality spacers to mount firmly, as the nuts from the rsx rail that I attached take up some space behind and also with the carpet and stuff it would mount flush without some spacers behind.

I hope i'm making sense, I can go take a pic maybe?

Comment

Oh I see I thought that was a handle to slide the seat forward, but if you could take a pic that would greatly help me out.
            My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Yeah, that is the handle to slide the seat

Here's what I mean, along with some pics of how the rear ones line up.

For the rear inside mount, I think I might just take the mount off the rail and bolt in some good steel to the hole.

And the last pic, you can see what I mean but just remove the mount, and reattach it further up, probably where that hole is...and enlarge the hole if I have to to get it to really line up, and prolly use some spacer behind it with another one of those 50mm long M10 bolts.
              Last edited by DeathFromAbove; 03-27-2006, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Damm you just made my day! now I know what im going to do to get my seats in thank you.
                My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Hey, welcome to the RSX Seat Club. As of now, me and you are the only members. Its looks nice, I wanted to get black at first but I got the one that matches my interior, (tanish color that comes in the black accords). Its interesting the way you mounted yours. I may do it that way instead because what I did was use the accord brackets and welded them to the RSX one. With it that way, i didnt have to worry about the holes not lineing up but as a result of that, the seats sits a little high but its not that bad. I will get pics of mine up tomorrow. Good Job Man!
                  "The Fresh One"

Comment

nice work.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Very clean

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Comment

Thanks dudes.

DFresh, you got some pics as well?

I supposed I would have gone the whole welding route...but I was more like "I want this done this afternoon so let's cut me some steel and play with some nuts!"

I don't mind if it's butch, as long as it's strong. I can paint it black and try and get the OEM plastic mount covers back over...maybe.

Comment

I'm thinkin I might dye the cloth in my door panels black. Anyone know how well that works? Or how difficult it is to find black interior parts. Doesn't have to be leather.

Comment

looks nice,
                            how much did you get your seats for?
                            Members Ride

Comment

Off my friend for 400 CND...so 340 US...he gave me his back seat too, but I don't need it. Unless it'll fit, which it won't.

Comment

Working...
                              X