No announcement yet.

for those of you who are usiong synchromesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i put in honda mtf and now my gears feel like mesh.. especially reverse it fixed up real good. before i would have to ram reverse in or i would grind and go nowhere. now i slides in smooth like butter and nice and meshy.

Comment

on 90-93 accords using the regualr motor oil that honda specifcies for them you would in most cases be changing it every 15k to 30k miles. I bet most people dont even think about changing their oil in teh tranny once a year.
      On the mtf spec'd transmissions they recommend changing it every 30k-60k.
      I would put money on the honda mtf jsut being plain old synthetic motor oil.

Comment

u put motor oil and it started grinding like crazy
        honda mtf was better but when cold, it was hard to put in gear

now with half honda and half pennzoil synchromeshm it is way easy to put into any gear how ever my synchros are pretty much on their way out.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by 91whitecb7
          could u still use Honda OEM ATF for my manual tranny? i have some laying around.. dont know if i could use it or not..
          no. later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by v4lu3s
            Honda does NOT specify Honda MTF until 1998 for the accord. In 1994 honda did it for the Integra, and 1996 for the Civic.

If you really want to say Honda is wrong about what should go into their transmissions I guess that is on you then.
            MTF didn't exist in our generation of cars.
            Sulphur levels in motor oils has dropped significantly since then...what Honda recommends is 1990-93 motor oil, and I'm fresh out. How about you?
            2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
            Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
            1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

I used OEM Honda MTF for a while, but my synchros were getting a bit weak...So I tried using Redline MT-90, and the grinding went away, and gear shifting feels really smooth...It's hard to shift when it's cold, but as soon as it warms up, shifting feels good

Apparently the Synchromesh works really good for tranny with worn out synchros as well..Never actually tried that product myself tho, so I can't say...

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

MTF didn't exist in our generation of cars.
                Sulphur levels in motor oils has dropped significantly since then...what Honda recommends is 1990-93 motor oil, and I'm fresh out. How about you?

I found a box of motor oil from 92 in my grandmas bathroom if anyone wants to buy it.

turbo wagon sleeper

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                  pennzoil is the same and you can get it @ autozone for 5 bucks a pop

the oem is good, but isnt AS good as the synchomesh.
                  The NEW Honda OEM is as good as the GM SM w/ FM. I have used the GM SM w/ FM (@ $12 / quart) in my S2000 but with the new Honda OEM for considerably less $$, I'll be using the new Honda OEM w/ Friction Modifiers for my S2000 and my 90 CB7.
                  Last edited by freq; 11-13-2006, 05:10 PM.
                  After 17 years and 208K miles, I'm not "tuning" my CB7, I'm "restoring" a CLASSIC.

Comment

Originally posted by freq
                    The NEW Honda OEM is as good as the GM SM w/ FM. I have used the GM SM w/ FM (@ $12 / quart) in my S2000 but with the new Honda OEM for considerably less $$, I'll be using the new Honda OEM w/ Friction Modifiers for my S2000 and my 90 CB7.
                    check the date of the post, the new oem stuff didnt come out until a month ago.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i right now am using the new honda MTF and it drives smooth when its cold but after it warms up it like sticks a bit when i put it from first 2 second im thinking of trying the synchromesh

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                      "2SIIC"
                      Authentic Jerseys for sale
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

My experiences: a good, regular 5w-30 motor oil sucked...Honda MTF was an all around great improvement, but 3rd gear was still a bit prone to grinding. I replaced one quart with Royal Purple SynchroMax, which took care of most all the 3rd gear grinding.
                        I was going to use some of the FM Synchromesh, but I found the RP first.

OT: I've also started using OEM fluids more and more (except engine oil). I find the prices to be competitive with aftermarket.
                        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

well today i just bought some of the GM synchromesh so on sunday when i replace the oil ill let you guys know the difference of how it feels

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                          "2SIIC"
                          Authentic Jerseys for sale
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

Originally posted by Otto
                            My experiences: a good, regular 5w-30 motor oil sucked...Honda MTF was an all around great improvement, but 3rd gear was still a bit prone to grinding. I replaced one quart with Royal Purple SynchroMax, which took care of most all the 3rd gear grinding.
                            I was going to use some of the FM Synchromesh, but I found the RP first.

OT: I've also started using OEM fluids more and more (except engine oil). I find the prices to be competitive with aftermarket.
                            i as well use the rp synchromax and love it shifting is like silk
                            fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

Working...
                            X