Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Trunk Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trunk Leak

For some reason when it rains the inside of my trunk gets wet. But the odd thing is I dont think its coming in from the top, I think its coming from underneath. I notice it up under the rug near my power antenna. Anybody know how water magicaly appears in my trunk.

I got the same problem only in my case its towards the center on the carpet. I figure its old weather stripping. I just pull the drain plugs sometimes and use towels.
    always out numbered never out gunned..

Comment

Sounds like your trunk weather stripping has had it. The stuff is cheap from auto zone.
      Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
      The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

From what i know the molding around the rear windsheild uses clips that goes straight into the trunk and if they are loose the water gets in trough there. And you can just take out ur antenna and put some silicone around the mounting point and seal that up. Also check the gaskets on the tail lights

Comment

Mine leaked because of rust. I emptied the whole trunk and then used rubberizer spray on the entire thing. No more water, slowed down the rust, and kinda did sound dampening.
          No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
            Also check the gaskets on the tail lights
            I might wanna check those cause also it says that my brake lights are on after it rains. and when i open my trunk water comes out of the left tail light.

Comment

Check your tailight gaskets. They tend to leak, and water gets into the trunk. Try to get some silicone around the tailights.

Comment

I get my trunk wet too.. and i really looked into finding where it was comming from, and if yours is the same as my "leak", and comming from the left of the trunk, then its this wierd flappy device down by the bottom of the trunk.. i think its to let air or something ventilate through.. i donno, but i bet if you pull away the siding in the trunk on the left you'll see what i mean.. and i bet some water could be comming through that thing.. thats wheer is was comming from in my car.. and maybe my car is special and i'm the only one with that wierd ass contraption
                Last edited by raththomas; 03-30-2006, 02:34 AM.

Comment

I've fixed this problem a few times, more often than not its your tail lights. Use some silicone and seal the lens' of the outside tail lights. Not the gasket but the colored lens itself. What happens is water seaps in throught the lens and drain out the bulb ports, that could also be why your brake light comes on.
                  1991 Honda Accord, 2.2L I4

Comment

Originally posted by Gato-FF
                    Check your tailight gaskets. They tend to leak, and water gets into the trunk. Try to get some silicone around the tailights.
                    thats exactly what i did, i just used some household outside silicone to fill around the headlights on the inner, and it seemed to work well.
                    Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

my trunk used to leak on both sides, then I i re-sealed the tail lights and now everything is dry

Comment

Originally posted by raththomas
                        I get my trunk wet too.. and i really looked into finding where it was comming from, and if yours is the same as my "leak", and comming from the left of the trunk, then its this wierd flappy device down by the bottom of the trunk.. i think its to let air or something ventilate through.. i donno, but i bet if you pull away the siding in the trunk on the left you'll see what i mean.. and i bet some water could be comming through that thing.. thats wheer is was comming from in my car.. and maybe my car is special and i'm the only one with that wierd ass contraption
                        all cb7's have them. Ventalation duct.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfish2007
                          For some reason when it rains the inside of my trunk gets wet. But the odd thing is I dont think its coming in from the top, I think its coming from underneath. I notice it up under the rug near my power antenna. Anybody know how water magicaly appears in my trunk.
                          i have the SAME problem..it sux..i guess this wud be a noob question but HOW do u reseal the taillights ..even tho it doesnt seem like the water is coming through there...but its worth a shot none the less..thanks for any help guys..

Comment

dam everybody too......my truck stays moist all the time a lil wet spots here and ........somebody must have hit my car when it was parked knocking the truck out of line

Comment

Easy way to check for leaks is have somone spray the trunk down with a hose while you drop the back seat down and crawl in there and see where the water is coming in from.

Comment

Working...
                              X