Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rear Fogs??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Fogs??

can someone please tell me what rear fogs are i heard that alot but still dont know what thy are. someone please explain thanx

Ride List
    1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
    2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
    newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Its just a fad

They are just used in Europe for foggy conditions so people can see you...thats it!
    ________
    Uggs
    Last edited by accord4thgen; 05-12-2011, 10:52 AM.
    無限WESTCOAST FUKINWITCHU ACCORD4THGEN 1990 CB7 Coupe無限

Comment

In Europe, particularly Germany, the speed limits are higher on the freeways, but the weather conditions over there aren't as good as they are here as far as visibility is concerned. The rear fog light is a way to see the car in front of you from a distance, in case their brake lights aren't very visible.

Comment

Originally posted by accord4thgen
        Its just a fad

They are just used in Europe for foggy conditions so people can see you...thats it!

Rear fog lights a fad? Altezzas are a fad. Hollister is a fad. Rear fog lights are for functionality and not many people have them at all over here so that cancels out fad buddy.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by accord4thgen
          Its just a fad

I thought they had a legitimate use?

Comment

And apparently for the CB Accords there are two variations: one mounted in the rear bumper cover, and the other version which has one mounted in the inner tailight.

I thought the one in the cover was JDM and the one in the tailight was EDM. Also I believe on the EDM models the inner tailights do not function as brakelights when this is used. Or I thought UK-Accord has written that.
            '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
            EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Stickydiljoe has the rear bumper foglight. He said it was EDM if that's any help at all. Check out his member ride thread if you want to see it.
              Here's his member's ride thread
              Stickydiljoe
              www.spokenbracelets.com

SOLD my cb7

Comment

I believe that the rear bumper fogs come from Civics, not CBs... I could be wrong though. I don't really care enough to confirm that.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...light=rear+fog

[quote=myself from the above linked thread]

take off the bumper. remove the bumper cover from the bumper support bar itself, and "wa la" you will see the areas for the rear fog light. the indentation for the rear fog light is already in the bumper support bar.
                  [quote]

Originally posted by myself again
                  was it a jdm option? what we do know is that the old school "antera accord " has them on both sides:

was it an edm option? the edm accord that belongs to ukaccord has them integrated into the left side taillight. our other members in the uk (bille, dutchaccord) didn't have them either. could they have had an option for them in the bumper support bar, sure. perhaps it's analagous to the flushmount spoiler that was indeed an option in the u.s., but very few people chose it.

what's up with the u.s. bumper support bar? if you take the bumper cover off, you'll see that there is a recessed spot in the bumper support bar for the rear fog.

where are the current rear fog lights coming from? accords. civics. integras. in the end, i suppose it doesn't really matter where as long as it fits. it makes sense that honda would use the same rear fog for civics, integras, and accords as it would cut their costs down (1 rear fog for 3 different applications).

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                  to get the record somewhat straight:

some EDM cars are LHD and some are RHD. it depends on the location but the rear fog-into-bumper is an option to all. usually the fog is on the driver side, whether left hand or right.

UK - Accord's rear fog was integrated into his right inner taillight. this means he is RHD. he told me that he has a buddy in switzerland? who has the left inner side from his LHD accord. rich get back at me on that!

here is an EG taillight with an integrated fog. this means it came off a LHD model.

some car's like this first gen crxs have both! even EFs have both too.

the old school antera accord leaves me to believe that it's not accurate b/c it has additional rear lower side markers on the rear bumper (similar to the 5th gen accord and 4th gen preludes). besides being clear, even the sidemarkers don't look oem judging by the shape. so this may NOT have been a factory option in japan. it was just added on.

even the new civics have em.

here are some LHD EDM cars with fogs. some are integrated.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Interesting...

I hate the single ones! That would drive me nuts!

Comment

wow im sure glad i dont have those or even 1!

The sig name is new from a local forum. sorry to confuse anyone.
                      My Member's Ride Page
                      The Accords gone but I will forever belong to CB7Tuner

Comment

I figure those are just another bulb you eventually have to spend money on.
                        (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
                        Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
                        My (old) Ride

Comment

Damn you guys are the best that's why I love this site ask one question and it gets answered in detail thanks for the info guys I used to see those on jettas and golfs all the time and wonder what they were for now I do thanx again

Ride List
                          1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                          2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                          newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

I like those, I will go an get that hooked up!
                            Accord for sale: check classifieds!
                            4x100/4x114.3 Wheels: Check Parts for sale!

Comment

Some corect answers, some BS....
                              rear foglights are required by law because sometimes it gets very foggy. Usually they only come on one side of the car, so they can't be mistaken for brakelights. plus you would be able to see easier if anybody who is running foglights brakes... So foglights are NOT the same as braklelights, not even when they are integrated in the rear lightunits.
                              1st gen CRX don't have integrated + extra fogs, they just have the extras. Integrated does not exist for that car, what you problably see in the picture is the reflector, which is also required by law.

Hope that's enough info for you
                              Accord Aerodeck 1991 (CB8) JDM H22A

Sleeper!

Comment

Working...
                              X