Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Speed limiter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed limiter

Was is the top speed on a 91 EX ecu?
    Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.

depends on your motor's condition and how far you're willing to drive. f22's have horrible top end... for racing on or off the strip you shouldnt have to worry about topping out. 1/4 mile trap speed and time is a better question if you're wondering about speed

Comment

You aint gonna be driving that fast on a daily basis anyway. My shit had no limiter when i had my auto 90 and it could reach 125 then the check engine light came on and it ran like shit....yessss i know i was young once.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

there is no speed limiter on an EX... LX and DX's are governed at 112 i think

Comment

itll take ur car aproxx 15 mins to go from 100-115 anyways, dont waste ur time lol jkjk man i remmebered my 5th gen lx, id be doin pedal to the medla and this thing wasnt movin.. hahah for a car wit i/h/e yeahh.. but have fun and be safe if u plan on drivin that fast o_O
          Frost White CB7 Crew #28
          RIP cb7

99 taffeta white ej8

Comment

the reason that f-series has no top end is that once you get past 5k rpm, the power drops off pretty quick..the head isnt efficient enough to flow enough air to keep making power..

and rob, i think that they are governed for 118mph if im not mistaken..

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
              Not true, i've driven my friend's 91 EX and it limits around the 115 area, but definitely more than 112. As for my car(92 DX), i have been able to hit 130, once in a while the governor just doesnt kick in. That's pretty much the fastest i've ever done, and im not planning to do it again anytime soon. These cars are built to haul around a family, not for the autobahn.
              RICE COOKA!!

Comment

well I went 190 kmh or 120mph last night fastest I've ever went and it had no problem gettign to 190kmh then it just kinda stoppped accelerating

My Members Ride Page

Comment

I have a 92 and my top speed stops at roughly 115mph.

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
                    Correct although the last time I checked the LX's were limited to 115 mph. But once I swapped out the old ECU for a Pt6 (Accord EX ECU) it was a perfect match for the a6 I was running in my old car.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by bboygreddy
                      itll take ur car aproxx 15 mins to go from 100-115 anyways, dont waste ur time lol jkjk man i remmebered my 5th gen lx, id be doin pedal to the medla and this thing wasnt movin.. hahah for a car wit i/h/e yeahh.. but have fun and be safe if u plan on drivin that fast o_O
                      i have never had an issue hitting top speed in any Accords. I had a 93 EX 5-speed and it hit 130 with ease. My 93 SE also hits 130 without a prob. my mom had a 1995 LX, and it took a little longer but did top at 115. It's wierd because I have never experienced a DX who's had a speed governer at all, LX drivers always at 115, some EX drivers 115 and most at 130, and SE's at 130. I know it has to do with the factory tire's speed rating. DX's came with whatever was the cheapest vendor at the time of production, LX's came with S rated(112 MPH) Michelin Lx-i's and EX/SE's came with H-rated (130 MPH) Michelin MXV4's btw...

Comment

i have a 91 ex auto and ive been to 120 and ran out of road, i think it will top out around 130 or so.

Comment

i have a 92 lx and i cant go past 110. how exactly do i get rid of the governer? i take out an ex ecu and replace it with the one i got in my lx? what other differences r there or is it just the governer. sorry im new and ill ask alotta questions

Comment

I have A 92 EX and mine will hit 120 with no problem and thats in 4th gear

Comment

I have an auto 92 lx and the fastest I went was 115 but after 105 it took time to get there

This Car Is Killin Me Softly
                              In This World Killin Me....Softly.........lol

F20a Funds: $0.65
                              Need : $500.00

Comment

Working...
                              X