No announcement yet.

cp[mike] : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats a nice cb...love the red/clear......

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

worked on the car yesterday, it was FINALLY warm all night. got the head all put back together besides the timing belt.

one thing i did learn, though, is that WD40 works beautifully for cleaning down my engine bay. the white paint collects dirt, salt, and greasy hand prints. clean rag with a bit of wd40, and everything wipes clean.

Last edited by cp[mike]; 04-26-2011, 10:36 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

beautiful man beautiful. good to hear you can finally work on it. i would get my engine bay that clean but last time i tried to clean my engine bay i shorted out my ecu... so you ever pop your hood for the chicks? i bet theyd dig it, that is if they knew what they were looking at lol.

you get that sideskirt on yet?
        ]

Comment

Wow mike thats one clean engine bay.
          accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
          ....................My New Baby
          SOLD TO
          ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

mike that bay is soo clean. i could eat off that, umm maybe not. middletown is calling our names

Comment

ahhh... nice! back in action soon
              THE RETURN IS COMIN SOON..
              www.realisticdreamz.net

Comment

burn my damn ecu mike

Comment

shes almost on the road! oh yea!!!

Comment

about the WD40 and a clean cloth towel. i AGREE works great for wiping up the engine bay. i used it all over my engine bay when i swapped my H22 in. also did some paint cleaner and a little paint polish just cuz. looks 10x better.

i give for WD and a clean towel.
                    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

put 8 hours of work in today, another beautiful day out.

put the timing belt all together, finished hooking up all of the other little things around the engine bay.

ive noticed other minor indications of oil starvation issues, besides the obvious worn rockers. i pulled the oil pan off to inspect for shavings, or anything abnormal in the way of the pickup/screen. everything seemed a-okay.

i also installed a new fuel pressure gauge and regulator. the euro-r fuel rail used a unique FPR, so i drilled and tapped a pair of holes to get an F22 FPR to fit onto the rail, due to the fact that im an idiot and messed up my original FPR. makes my rail accept any style, as well as now the FPR can be used on any F/H and not just the euro-r. obd2 FPRs had a smalled fuel return port, figured an original F22 FPR would fit my return line better.

because of my oil issues, i ordered a black-face stealth oil pressure gauge and an oil filter sandwhich tap for easy installation. no pictures of those, as they arent here yet.

i have an MSD 6AL, Blaster II coil, and new distributor cap. i just need to get around to installing those, but it will be very soon.

only thing left is to do a valve adjustment, put the V/C back on, fill fluids, and go back to driving her again!!!

excuse the crappiness of the following two pictures, they passed through my image resizer twice, so it "sharpened" them twice and made them get a little strange.

Last edited by cp[mike]; 04-26-2011, 10:37 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

Nice mike so when are we gonna see a video thread of her..
                        accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                        ....................My New Baby
                        SOLD TO
                        ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
                          Nice mike so when are we gonna see a video thread of her..
                          thats something i would very much like to do sometime this summer. unfortunately theres too much work to be done to the car, so video creation takes second place to actually working on the car

Current cars:

Comment

Its looking better and better! i cant wait until Im DOHC!

Comment

Looks awesome!

I am glad you are feeling better, and that the weather has been nice enough to allow you to work on the car.

I don't know why, but I am SOOO ready for winter to end this year.

I had stuff I wanted to do this weekend, but I went on the run yesterday instead. Sometimes you just have to enjoy the fruits of your labor even though they aren't perfect...

Keep us posted, definitely looking foward to vids!
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

what type of fitting is that that goes into the fuel rail for the guage....ive been looking for a damn fittin that will screw into my fuel rail...where the service port is...with a 1/8 npt female for the guage to screw into but i dont know what the other end should be that screws into the rail
                                My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X