Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what does this mean (H2A5)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what does this mean (H2A5)?

OK i know that u get the engine type from right next to your starter .....i know the engine code for the cb7 most of the time is F22A and prelude its H22 so what does this mean?

got it from my engine while i was instaling new brake master cylinder .....

tranny code

Comment

is that the normal engine code for it?because i thought it was f22a does that mean its and engine from another car ? or are my hopes too high?

Comment

Originally posted by AirRide Accord
        tranny code
        Reading > You Trans and motor codes are different.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ok found these

*Transmission Number*

The first 4 "letters" are your type:

H2A5 - manual (2/4 door DX/LX)
          H2U4 - manual (5 door)
          H2U5 - munual (2/4 door EX/SE)
          MPXA - auto (any chassis/model).

The rest is the serial number:

H2A5 - USA (8000001)
          H2A5 - JP (4000001)
          H2U4 - USA (8000001)
          H2U5 - USA (8000001), H2U5 - JP (4000001)
          MPXA - N/A (4000001).

so what do the rest of my numbers stand for they dont show up here

it reads like this h2a5-7002767

Comment

Originally posted by nycpatron
            ok found these

*Transmission Number*

The first 4 "letters" are your type:

H2A5 - manual (2/4 door DX/LX)
            H2U4 - manual (5 door)
            H2U5 - munual (2/4 door EX/SE)
            MPXA - auto (any chassis/model).

The rest is the serial number:

H2A5 - USA (8000001)
            H2A5 - JP (4000001)
            H2U4 - USA (8000001)
            H2U5 - USA (8000001), H2U5 - JP (4000001)
            MPXA - N/A (4000001).

so what do the rest of my numbers stand for they dont show up here

it reads like this h2a5-7002767
            The rest of the numbers are the serial numbers, You said it yourself

Comment

Any difference between the H2A5 (lx/dx tranny) and the H2U5 (ex/se tranny)? Both are the manual 5 speed gearboxes. Just wondering b/c my EX had a H2U5 but the synchros were shot. It was replaced with a H2A5, a Dx/LX transmission.

Comment

H2A5 in place of H2U5

This swap is exactly what I am facing. Did the LX trans perform and fit exactly as the EX one? I'm not clear what is the difference between the transmissions. Apparently they do fit exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by basteko
                  This swap is exactly what I am facing. Did the LX trans perform and fit exactly as the EX one? I'm not clear what is the difference between the transmissions. Apparently they do fit exactly.
                  Yeah it'll fit the same they're made for the same motors.. I'm gonna guess the EX has more performance oriented gear ratios compared to the LX/DX...

Comment

i want a munual

no
                    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                    $30 HID kits here Thread
                    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

nah the gear ratios among the 9093 accords were the same.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=37839

Comment

The EX had slightly taller gears than the DX/LX. 1st and 2nd are the same, but after that they are different.
                        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

so im a lil pissed and worried
                          I'm new here, and basically i got a del sol with a 1993 h22 in it (I bought it like this)... its quick as hell and i thought it was a prelude h22.

My tranny went and the code on the tranny is H2U5 transmission.
                          I'm wondering if the h2u5 tranny bolts onto a prelude JDM h22?
                          I need a new tranny, I honestly don't believe that this has the 93 accord h22 in it.

So basically just to quickly recap.

How do i tell what engine my car came from?
                          Will the M2F4 or the M2A4 bolt up to the accord h22 if i realy do have that?

THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Bezzina View Post
                            I'm new here, and basically i got a del sol with a 1993 h22 in it (I bought it like this)... its quick as hell and i thought it was a prelude h22.

I need a new tranny, I honestly don't believe that this has the 93 accord h22 in it.

THANKS!
                            F and H trannys are interchangeable, be it a JDM, USDM or EDM H22a.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                            Honda Accord Euro-R
                            Honda Odyssey Absolute
                            Honda City I-DSi
                            Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by Bezzina View Post

THANKS!
                              4th generation Accords never had an H22 in them from the factory. What you have is a Prelude motor with an Accord transmission on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X