Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: CD5 accord front lip install WITH PIX!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: CD5 accord front lip install WITH PIX!

alright guys, i noticed that every body wants a diy with pix, not sure why, its a really simple deal the way i did it, but here you go!

OK, now i did this a little different. I put the CD5 lip under my OEM ex lip, and it looks sooooooooooooo sexxi. i mean, my car looks slammed and my suspension isnt even on yet! lol. so, here we go. sorry, not pix ALL the way through, but a few simple ones along the way.

THINGS NEEDED:
    Power Drill
    Self Tapping Sheet metal screws
    Dremel Tool With Cutting Attachement or Hacksaw
    Blood, Sweat, Tears, And Tetnis shot ready in siringe.

1) Remove the Grille
    2) Remove all the screws holding the front bumper on, and remove the bulbs and wiring from the bumper lights, and fogs if you have them.
    3) With the help of a friend, remove the front bumper and set it gently on the ground.
    3) Measure the lip, find dead center, lay the bumper back on the car so it is centered, and mark where the center of the lip is on both the lip and the bumper or OEM lip, so that you know when the lip is perfectly aligned.
    4) Take the bumper back off, lay it on the ground, get ready to drill!
    5) Now, you'll need a friend for this part, or a few good clamps. If you have a friend or family member on hand, have them hold the lip down on the bumper while you drill the self tapping screws into the OEM lip/bumper. If no one is around, just clamp the lip down, and be careful not to bump it. MAKE SURE TO KEEP CHECKING TO MAKE SURE THE LIP HASNT MOVED!!! It could slide around, and you might have it off center, or the edges might not sit flush with the OEM lip.
    Bending that lip to make it fit the contour of the cb7 bumper:

NOTE: If your putting the CD5 accord lip on your OEM lip, BE VERY CAREFUL WHERE THE SCREWS GO!!!! The OEM lip DOES NOT have very much plastic on the bottom to drive the screws into, and if you miss, you'll mess up BOTH lips and your day.

6) Once all screws are in place, Lay the bumper back on the car and make sure every thing is lined up. You will notice about 2 inches of CD5 lip hanging off the OEM lip pointing at the tires, and thats how its supposd to be. Your about to fix that.
    Pic of my bumper laying there, please excuse the sorry state of the bumper...the previous owner got in a fender bender with 'er.

7) Now, lay the bumper back on the ground, and with the dremel tool with cutting wheel, or hack saw, carefully cut off the excess lip. You may want to take a ruler and knife and etch a light line in the lip so that you make a straight cut.
    8) Once finished removing the excess lip, reinsert the bulbs and wiring for the bumper lights and fogs if you have them. Put in the screws that hold the bumper in place.
    9) Re-install the Grille
    10) Slam that hood, stand back, and smile. Dont forget to give your self that tetnis shot, im sure you scratched up on a rusty edge at somepoint in all this!
    finished product-mine looks shitty caus it was getting dark, but ill get better pix tomorrow, and you'll see how good this looks!

Last edited by turbomaxx; 04-13-2007, 04:37 PM.
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

if i wasnt so low i'd probably do this, my 5th gen lip alone takes a beating.

Comment

yeah, im about to lower my car, and when i do im sure ill have to take one of the lips off...but untill then, i love how good this looks!!
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

can we get a side shot of the front of the car and maybe stand back about... 3 feet?

Comment

yeah man, like i said, ill get better pix tomorrow, but its too dark now. in fact tomorrow i still have to hack the excess lip off, i ran out of light and aleve tonight (16 years old and a bad back wtf is that all about?)

but tomorrow, ill get better pix.

Comment

BTW i know in that last pic it looks like theres a huge gap in between the lips but there isnt a gap at all.

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
              yeah man, like i said, ill get better pix tomorrow, but its too dark now. in fact tomorrow i still have to hack the excess lip off, i ran out of light and aleve tonight (16 years old and a bad back wtf is that all about?)

but tomorrow, ill get better pix.
              yea i had the same problem when i was 16 (i'm 18 now and it only gets worse)

welcome to the world of working on cars.

Comment

actually, i have scoliosis.

my spine is curved 51 degrees at the top and 52 degrees at the bottom. i need surgery for it but im fucking scared man. they want to screw metal rods into my spine. i dont want that shit im 16!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
                  actually, i have scoliosis.

my spine is curved 51 degrees at the top and 52 degrees at the bottom. i need surgery for it but im fucking scared man. they want to screw metal rods into my spine. i dont want that shit im 16!
                  Ouch, that would hurt. Anyways nice install on the lip. Btw is that your old muffler in the second pic?

Comment

bwahaha, yes, sorry, i have a junk pile...old muffler, header, and radiator, amongst things that have just sort of come off (cup holder for example lol)

pardon the mess.

thanks for the comment tho, it was far from easy lol

Comment

more/better pix as requested

Comment

looks good...but im not really likin the double lip thingy. looks good nonetheless man!

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

ima do this man. it looks freakin cool man...

now all i need is a CD5 lip...

Comment

Good DIY. Im 16 too but parents arent lettin me do a damn thing to my car. But when im 18 thats gonna change up a bit. Good job

My New Ride
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

lol terence get to it!

Comment

Working...
                              X