I Fu**ed my WHEEL up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Fu**ed my WHEEL up...

on tues i heard a clickin noise thinkin mayb my axle is startin 2 go.

last night i came home and my wheel was tilted outward. hmm i was like ok ill check 2morrow. WHOA WHOA WHOA wat do i c...2 outta 4 lugs were oFF. like the 2 studs pryed it self offf when the pressure.

look at the pics. i need a new rim, and these are OE 14s people. DAMMIT im mad. i cant use this wheel look at the pics and u can c wat i mean

**Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

...how...did this happen?

that's so odd.

Comment

ITS GONNA b HARD to FIND a 14IN oe wheel

i dont no. i was drivin around. then i parked. lata i went out and i heard this rubbin clickin noise. i was like shit my axle. then ill make turns and ill hear nothing. usually when axle is bad when u turn it will squeek or wat ever.

then yesterday im comin on i hit a lil pot hole but even b4 then i heard a rubbin. as soon as i turned the corner i feel my wheel wobblin, i was like shit and BAM seen this today. im so hurt guys. now im rockin a donut. (tears) and i dont have tires for my painted steelies
      Last edited by F20A CB7; 07-19-2007, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Someone wanted to play a joke or were missing 2 lugs.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i have my car parked away every night and i have alarm as soon as u touch the lugs the alarm will sound. so i didnt hear anything. im glad i didnt get hurt on the road.

Comment

I have 15" Prelude wheels for sale... Check it out:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=80404

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
              i dont no. i was drivin around parked. lata i went out and i heard this rubbin clickin noise. i was like shit my axle. then ill make turns and ill hear nothing. usually when axle is bad when u turn it will squeek or wat ever.

then yesterday im comin on i hit a lil pot hole but even b4 then i heard a rubbin. as soon as i turned the corner i feel my wheel wobblin, i was like shit and BAM seen this today. im so hurt guys. now im rockin a donut. (tears) and i dont have tires for my painted steelies

" i was drivin around parked."

How do you drive around parked, maybe this is why ur wheel is fucked.

Comment

no thanks custom lows, thanks anyways. but i want another 14 in. i have 15in steelies ill prolly buy tires for. if u have a used set of 15in tires send me a PM

Comment

you can still use the rims just get hub centric adapters if there not already. and a fucking torque wrench.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                    you can still use the rims just get hub centric adapters if there not already. and a fucking torque wrench.

i was thinkin tht, but the wheel stud gap is bigger. i was gonna jus get new rings but im not sure i dont want them 2 crack. wat u guys think?

Comment

looks like you left your lugnuts loose and they worked their way off, and once the wheel got loose, it used the sides of the studs as saws to cut into the wheel.

i would reuse the wheel, it looks fine, as the majority of the lugnut seats are still there. between the wheel centering itself on the center of the hub as well as the four ball-ended lugs holding it, itll sit straight! though you may want to consider having a shop rebalance it real quick. then just throw it back on, and TIGHTEN those lugs!! hehe.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                        looks like you left your lugnuts loose and they worked their way off, and once the wheel got loose, it used the sides of the studs as saws to cut into the wheel.

i would reuse the wheel, it looks fine, as the majority of the lugnut seats are still there. between the wheel centering itself on the center of the hub as well as the four ball-ended lugs holding it, itll sit straight! though you may want to consider having a shop rebalance it real quick. then just throw it back on, and TIGHTEN those lugs!! hehe.

x2, that's what i'd do if i were in your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by pretty_ricky302
                          " i was drivin around parked."

How do you drive around parked, maybe this is why ur wheel is fucked.
                          yo fix your f**in sig bro.. too big

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]

The threads on those wheels studs look shot.
                            Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry4thgen
                              The threads on those wheels studs look shot.
                              Agreed. Filing down a wheel takes its toll! Hit up Pep Boys or something. They charged my friend $40 to replace a stud, so you'd probably pay $160 total... maybe less if you ask for a deal, or if all the studs aren't shot. As cp[mike] said, the wheel will probably be find if it's properly tightened and balanced. Finding one of those will be hard as hell. I've never even seen on in person! Those were a fairly rare option.

Comment

Working...
                              X