Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any other importers besides Hmotorsonline.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any other importers besides Hmotorsonline.com?

Hey y'all.

As most of you know I recently picked up a 94 Accord, and now I'm already looking to an h22 to swap into this car.

I wanted to try Hmotorsonline.com but just for the basic motor without the complete change over costs approximately $1,950.

With the complete changeover it's around $2,195.

Which kinda leads me to believe that they're abit more pricey.

I was looking at Osaka Motors and they have a complete h22 for around $1,600

with these included:

* Motor
    * Transmission
    * Engine Wiring Harness
    * All required Cables
    * Lsd ($200 extra)

* ECU
    * Distributor
    * Complete Intake Manifold
    * Alternator
    * Axels ($100 extra)
    * New Axels ($150 extra)

# A/C
    # Power Steering Pump
    # All Brackets and Sensors
    # Shiftlinkage ($75 extra)

Has anyone dealt with Osaka motors before? And is there any other place besides osakamotors.com & hmotorsonline.com?
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

tigerjapanese.com

Comment

Osaka is CRAP. And they're in Canada, so any legal action would be difficult.

Search for anything I've said on importers... I've done a lot of research, and I shared it all on here.

Honestly, HMO is hands down the best you can go with. Steve will negotiate the price if you can provide a reputable seller with a lower price. I tried to ask him to match Osaka's prices and he laughed... they sell such trash that they can go that low!

When it comes to Osaka, they're notorious for selling broken motors. Broken cam gears, bent valves... I think one guy got a hole in the block!

When I was looking for my swap, I heard about that crap. I also heard that they had a management shift, and that was a thing of the past. However, when I emailed them and asked for a little reassurance that they were now straight and honest, they pretty much said "we sell lots of engines to the US. if you dont want to buy from us thats fine. we dont need your business anyway"... The exact email is floating around on here somewhere. DO NOT buy from Osaka!

I haven't heard anything bad about tiger, but not nearly as much good as HMO. Might be worth the risk... but if you get a bad motor, you're going to wish you spent a few hundred extra to make life easier!

Comment

I know the threads title is any other "besides" Hmotorsonline, but i have to say, they dont have a good reputation for nothing. I got my motor from there (granted i didnt pay for it), and it was perfect in every sense of the word. Low milage, all parts included, and NOTHING broken.

I would save up a few extra bucks and get a motor from them.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

For shits and giggles

http://www.hondahookup.com/forums/sh...ighlight=osaka

That's my Osaka adventure... and where I ended up.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            Osaka is CRAP. And they're in Canada, so any legal action would be difficult.

Search for anything I've said on importers... I've done a lot of research, and I shared it all on here.

Honestly, HMO is hands down the best you can go with. Steve will negotiate the price if you can provide a reputable seller with a lower price. I tried to ask him to match Osaka's prices and he laughed... they sell such trash that they can go that low!

When it comes to Osaka, they're notorious for selling broken motors. Broken cam gears, bent valves... I think one guy got a hole in the block!

When I was looking for my swap, I heard about that crap. I also heard that they had a management shift, and that was a thing of the past. However, when I emailed them and asked for a little reassurance that they were now straight and honest, they pretty much said "we sell lots of engines to the US. if you dont want to buy from us thats fine. we dont need your business anyway"... The exact email is floating around on here somewhere. DO NOT buy from Osaka!

I haven't heard anything bad about tiger, but not nearly as much good as HMO. Might be worth the risk... but if you get a bad motor, you're going to wish you spent a few hundred extra to make life easier!
            Yeah I heard from Todd that Tiger wasn't too bad either. Although it would've helped if he had given me the website yeah I heard spotty things about Osaka as well.

I would've have thought the rep would've been better by now but eh, I'll skip on the Frenchies (no offense to the QC members here).
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

And I found the email...
              http://www.hondahookup.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=18

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                Wow talk about real bad customer service.

Thanks Deev for the heads up.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                Legend FSM

Comment

I ordered from tiger. Looks like a nice low milage motor. It was packed decently. It came with a broken tps and the cap was slightly damaged. And it came in 3 days. With shipping it was under $1000. no trans. hmotors is like 1200 plus over 300 in shipping last time I checked. Nothing wrong with hmotors though.
                  Last edited by turboaccordlx; 07-27-2007, 07:14 PM.

Comment

hmotors definitely isn't the cheapest... but I think if I ever order another motor, it'd still be from them. The peace of mind is worth the extra money to me. I've NEVER known anyone to have a problem with HMO that wasn't resolved, and problems are uncommon.

Comment

Originally posted by turboaccordlx
                      I ordered from tiger. Looks like a nice low milage motor. It was packed decently. It came with a broken tps and the cap was slightly damaged. And it came in 3 days. With shipping it was under $1000. no trans. hmotors is like 1200 plus over 300 in shipping last time I checked. Nothing wrong with hmotors though.

I got mine from Tiger and they sent a dead ECU , had a brand new one 2 days from the phone call to them I made , Also I got the motor trans and ecu for 2000 not bad considering , the only thing is they did send mine with same TPS and cap broken but whatever I had those parts anyways , runs mint ... just a little info for yah ... Mike @ Tiger completelly toook care of me when i needed some answers he is a nice guy easy and friendly customer service ..
                      Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

Old thread revival, once again. I just don't want to get bashed on for creating a new thread.

Anyways. I'm in a very similar predicament as Hen Roc was back in 2007.

I have 3 Hondas to put engines in. My next one coming up is a 1991 Accord and the owner (my grandfather) wants me to put a low mileage JDM F22A in it.

I want to purchase this listing from H Motors. But it's out of stock. http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=33040

I'm going to call them in the morning and see if they can get me an F22A.

But, what I really need is a back up plan. Where else can I find an F22A from an importer and not get burnt? I know H Motors is the best. But if they cannot get one I'm going to need one from someone else.

Please, no other suggestions on what I should do. There isn't time to rebuild and I have been given specific instructions. Purchase low mileage JDM F22A, gasket, seal, T- belt, water pump it, and put it in.

I see here Tiger isn't bad. Or wasn't in 2007. So are they still worth a damn or not?

Thanks in advance to anyone who gives their input.

EDIT... Tiger has them in stock. http://www.jdmtigerjapanese.com/hond...nly-90-93.html
                        Last edited by H311RA151N; 10-28-2014, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Creating a new thread is preferable, as people are going to be replying to HenRoc, and other members that are rarely (or never) here anymore.

Anyway, I honestly wouldn't trust anyone but HMO... even more so now than back in 2007. The engines we want are older now, meaning quality engines are in short supply. The cheapo companies like Tiger are scraping the bottom of the barrel. The least scrupulous of them are probably importing engines from other countries, like Malaysia, Indonesia, and Australia... where the mileage could easily be as high as it would be in the US. Those that are selling legitimate low-mileage engines are likely selling units that have been sitting on a shelf for at least a decade, giving them lots of time to rot and rust. Now, more than ever, it is important to buy from a company that 1) takes care to ensure every engine going out is in good condition, and 2) is honorable enough to replace a bad engine.

Also, buying from Canadian companies (if you look, you'll likely notice that a large number of the cheap companies are Canadian) introduces another scary possibility... the fact that those companies can completely screw you with little to no fear of any real backlash. They're in Canada, which might not seem all that different from the USA... but suing a company in Canada would require an international lawsuit. Such a lawsuit would be far too costly to be worthwhile. You'd spend $10,000 just to recover your lost $1200! These companies likely know this, and they're not above selling Americans total crap. The worst we can do (short of driving up there and torching their warehouse) is bash them on the internet... and people have been doing that to most of them for YEARS. www.osakajdmmotors.com was one of the biggest offenders back when I got my H22A in 2003. They were well known for sending engines with broken camshafts, bent valves, and even swiss-cheesed blocks! They are still in business to this day.

Comment

Looks like it's hmotors or nothing. Thanks for the reply Mike.

Comment

Why in the hell would you need a complete changeover. All you need is the motor and transmission unless your rocking an integra or something. The H22swap all you need is the engine and transmission.

If you want a specific transmission with LSD you can have an LSD installed from quaife which is a extra $950 you already have the axles so you really don't need anything else.

Remember hmotorsonline you pay for that quality considering the reputation that they have and if something goes sideways they can rectify the situation better than any other motor distributor from what I've dealt with over the years.

Now everyone on this site and other sites have told me horror stories of other supplies shitting on people selling them busted motors. So if you don't have enough cash flow to proceed with this procedure then I would just hold off until you have enough to proceed.

Comment

Working...
                              X