Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Newb H22????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newb H22????

So im getting the notorious "CODE 22" and I have no vtec.

From searching i can see i have a few options.
    1. I could buy a new vtec pressure switch(I cant find it on majestic honda btw.... if someone could point me in the right direction that'd be great.)
    2. I could bypass at the ecu which i could do but prefer not to since its seen as a safety concern.
    3. Or i could clean the vtec filter and screen which i have no clue what the heck that is, where it is or what it looks like. (Again if somebody could point me in the right direction that'd be great.)

Im leaning towards 3 but i dont know what to do. I know the v. solenoid is the cylinder thingy but i dont know what it is when people say they clean some screen or filter or w/e.

To clean the screen, You will have to take off the Vtec solonoid and when you take it off you will see the screen. Just spray it down with carb cleaner and reinstall. Just like cleaning the Iacv. Screen is similar but larger.

Comment

Here is the link for the Vtec pressure switch,

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...R+HEAD+%283%29

Its #19, also you kinda see the screen part i was talking about. Its right where number 13 is.

Comment

yoooo chris.

first and best option: clean

the solenoid is held down to the assy by three 10mm bolts. theres another three 10mm holding the whole vtec assy to the side of the head. removed, the whole screen/gasket is obvious... pull it out without tearing it (they get hard and dry... youd actually be better off buying a new one from the dealer before you start). either clean and reinstall, or put a fresh new one in.

the code can mean 1 of 2 things - its disconnected (unlikely, do u know how to use a multimeter?) orrrrr its being tripped as a safety (thats why its there!) and its saying that it isnt getting enough oil pressure to enable vtec. can be caused by a dirty screen, or its actually a lack of oiil - check that u have enough...
        Last edited by cp[mike]; 08-01-2007, 11:53 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Thanks guys.

Im gonna try to take it apart and clean it when i get home from work.

Forgot to add: My oil level is within spec

I really hope that its not a major issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced
            Thanks guys.

Im gonna try to take it apart and clean it when i get home from work.

Forgot to add: My oil level is within spec

I really hope that its not a major issue.
            my guess is that with it finally being run again, dirt is finally getting loosened up internally and perhaps it finally built up enough on the screen to cause issues... since theres not really any other screens or filters on the engine besides that vtec screen and the oil filter. hopefully thats all it is

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

So im guessing it would be wise to change the oil and filter as well after doing this!

Comment

Thanks for the help guys! I took off the vtec assembly and my filter was damn near clogged shut. So i cleaned all the crap out of there and did an oil change and now my babys running harder than ever

Comment

Working...
                X