Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

JDM F20a Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM F20a Swap

FINAL PICS OF THE MOTOR SWAP ON PAGE 2!

Project cb7 - Heart Transplant

FROM SOHC TO DOHC BABY!

just got it in today!

str8 from Japan baby f20a! less than 6X,XXX miles on it.

planning to swap this weekend

ill post up a before and after pics asap.

before:

not a good shot because of my useless camera phone.

it'll probably take this weekend to finish hopefully
    i plan to do the swap in my garage
    if you guys want too... advise is always helpful for beginners lol
    Last edited by Cb7xChun; 08-05-2007, 09:27 PM. Reason: modify

couple random pics of the swap area

heres a better pics of the car and motor still in it. i drained out all the fluides out and in process of takin the engine wire harness out.

heres the pics of the cherry picker(engine hoist)

another random shot of the f20a

Comment

Nice fukin motor man, u know i didnt find out about the F20A DOHC motor til 2 weeks after i bought my F20A sohc motor. i was kinda pissed. How much did u get it for
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

583 with tax with a 6 month warranty

Comment

UNBELEIVEABLE price. i paid 600 with shippin included. send me a PM where did u get it if u dont mind, wat trans u gonna use, f22?

Comment

i believe the tranny came off of a 97 honda accord. i didnt have enough money to get the motor with the tranny included so im using my old one which is still good has aprox 54,xxx miles on it. the motor came from a place called Nad auto in atlanta, georgia. they only use JDM motor there(SWEEET!) str8 from japan. if u want i can give u there number. hopefully you live close by lol. Trust me once u step into that place you are gonna blow your wad soooo bad of all the motors they got there. lol

Comment

Well i am VERY happy for u, another F20 runner, hope things go well ull b happy with taht motor, SEND me a PM with the number, ill put it down in my list of motor places. I live in PA but its all good. Keep us posted!

Comment

ill keep you guys posted asap since the swap is going to be here at my house.

Comment

Good luck to ya man!

Always glad to see another F20A DOHC owner.
                  RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

put it in and let's see some numbers!

vanillagorilla A.k.A glock22
                    Then one day I meet a man,
                    He came to me and said,
                    "Hard work good and hard work fine,
                    but first take care of head"

Comment

Just curious. F20A doesn't seem to improve much over our stock F22A. What's the point of swapping? Just for SOHC to DOHC?

Comment

i guess the main reason is because that motor acts like shit and basically has 240,xxx miles on it and the f20a has only 60,xxx miles on that. plus this one was worth $583 and the f22a were $783.

yeah i kinda like the sohc to dohc thing too b/c of more power.

Comment

Originally posted by flin1981
                          Just curious. F20A doesn't seem to improve much over our stock F22A. What's the point of swapping? Just for SOHC to DOHC?
                          The F20A revvs higher and fster then F22, the block on the F20A is smaller. From what i read the F20A motors respond well to boost over the F22 motors.

Ill get the F20A twin cam jus cuz its a twin Cam, as a upgrade from the SINGLE cam the twin cam is more power thru out the entire rpm range over sohc when most of its power is at mid range

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                            The F20A revvs higher and fster then F22, the block on the F20A is smaller. From what i read the F20A motors respond well to boost over the F22 motors.

Ill get the F20A twin cam jus cuz its a twin Cam, as a upgrade from the SINGLE cam the twin cam is more power thru out the entire rpm range over sohc when most of its power is at mid range
                            it's not that they "respond" better, all engines respond well to boost.

F20's can take more of a beating due to the rod/stroke ratio.
                            Tho, even with the extra cam, I wouldn't think an f20a dohc would be much better than an f22a with h23 im/tb and some random exhaust.

reason being that because of the stroke and a loss in bore size. Less torque.

But that's just my 2 second theory. I've never really ridden in one.

I sure as hell wouldn't mind having one to play around with, NA or boost.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                              it's not that they "respond" better, all engines respond well to boost.

F20's can take more of a beating due to the rod/stroke ratio.
                              Tho, even with the extra cam, I wouldn't think an f20a dohc would be much better than an f22a with h23 im/tb and some random exhaust.

reason being that because of the stroke and a loss in bore size. Less torque.

But that's just my 2 second theory. I've never really ridden in one.

I sure as hell wouldn't mind having one to play around with, NA or boost.

yes less stroke buts its a twin cam ur lookin at power thru out then entire rpm range compared to a sohc and the HP diff, sohc F20A 130 or so, F20A dohc 150-160 same as the JDM f22b and h23. ON a SOHC motor jus add some spray and ull b runnin with TWIN CAM crowd DONT get me wrong i love my F20A sohc motor but i wouldnt mind a DOHC

Comment

Working...
                              X