Hardrace rear trailing arm + rear strut mount bushings for CB/CD Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardrace rear trailing arm + rear strut mount bushings for CB/CD Accord

I've always read that there weren't any aftermarket options for rear strut mount (or rear knuckle) bushings for our cars. And as far as rear trailing arm bushings, if you want OEM, Honda has you buy the entire rear trailing arm. Well, I wanted to let everyone know there's another option for us.

Hardrace makes many bushings for the 94-97 CD Accord, I think every single one of them would work on our cars, esp. the rear trailing arm and rear strut mount bushings, which are harder to find than all the others. In regards to the trailing arm and strut mount bushings, they offer them in hard rubber and also spherical too. The trailing arm bushing set goes for $80 and the rear strut mount bushings go for $49 (for the pair), both are the hard rubber version. I didn't ask how much the spherical versions were, but hard rubber is more than fine. Their hard rubber is 150% harder than OEM, and the memory of hard rubber is very good, these will last awhile, even w/ higher spring rates.

I just ordered the trailing arm and strut mount bushings b/c my Prothane Total Kit does just about every other bushing but these ones. Shipping was an additional $50, Hardrace is based in Taiwan, hence the higher shipping price. They do accept paypal too BTW

Thought I would let everyone know

www.hardrace.com <check out the 94-97 Accord page
    info@hardrace.com
    hebe@hardrace.com <more direct email than above
    Last edited by Granite CB7; 08-27-2007, 07:18 PM.

im assuming it would work if you had a 5th gen rear disk swap

but 50 dollars for shipping is crap.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Also doing this atm. I got a moog strut mount bushing from energysuspensionparts along with all the other stuff but they didn't have any trailing arm options. About time some of you had to deal with shipping I spent a bit over $100 usd getting all my bushings to australia.
      Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
        im assuming it would work if you had a 5th gen rear disk swap but 50 dollars for shipping is crap.
        Well, 4th and 5th gen rear suspension is exactly the same, I've compared the part #'s for the rear knuckle, rear trailing arm, and other parts, they all match up I would not have posted this if these parts weren't compatible w/ our CB's
        Originally posted by Cam
        Thanks for the heads up. Also doing this atm. I got a moog strut mount bushing from energysuspensionparts along with all the other stuff but they didn't have any trailing arm options. About time some of you had to deal with shipping I spent a bit over $100 usd getting all my bushings to australia.
        I've seen those Moog ones, but I think they're more like OEM replacements, these Hardrace bushings should be pretty nice. But OEM and or aftermarket, new bushings are nice! $50 for shipping isn't too bad

Comment

iiiiinteresting. i would have gotten the hard lower strut mount bushings if i knew about them, i settled for napa stock replacements for like $22 each :\

though i couldnt justify spending that much on the trailing arm bushings, i filled mine with 80a urethane for free but im glad the option is out there.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
            iiiiinteresting. i would have gotten the hard lower strut mount bushings if i knew about them, i settled for napa stock replacements for like $22 each :\ though i couldnt justify spending that much on the trailing arm bushings, i filled mine with 80a urethane for free but im glad the option is out there.
            Well, knowing you Mike, you're so meticulous you'll prob. tear out the napa ones and get hardrace ones Good idea about filling the trailing arm bushings, what else can we fill w/ poly on our cars?!

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
              Well, knowing you Mike, you're so meticulous you'll prob. tear out the napa ones and get hardrace ones Good idea about filling the trailing arm bushings, what else can we fill w/ poly on our cars?!
              lol im considering it.

this is also another interesting option, the only thing i dont like is how the JB weld makes it pretty permanent.
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...169#post633169

theres not much else on the car to fill... most bushings are solid small bushings, except the motor mounts and the rear trailing arm bushings.

i dont think filling them would be quite as stiff as buying solid harder ones, because if you look at the stock ones youll see theres a only small gap in the rubber at the front and back. the majority is still rubber after filling, but it doesnt give it any room to move i figured id try it because i used the same can of urethane to fill 2 old mounts i had, which i sold and broke even

Last edited by excalibur02; 06-13-2013, 05:20 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I've seen that thread, Lucid had a great idea w/ that. What I do like about that, you can always get Prothane replacements and keep popping them in, the sleeve can stay in place. If I did that, I'd have the outer sleeve welded. I wondered if there was another bushing from the front that would be a slightly better fit/perfect O.D./or something that could be shaved in length!

Yeah, filling the trailing arm bushing seems like a pretty good idea. It is mostly rubber, but you could drill almost all the rubber out, leaving more room for the urethane. That concept would work w/ the motor mounts too, less rubber, more urethane!

Comment

Actually wanted to update this thread. Hardrace r. trailing arm bushings were installed 2 weekends ago, everything went great

The r. knuckle/strut mount bushings have been installed for alittle over a year now, these prob. have about 15-18K on them. My D2 7K springs in the rear have punished these bushings, they've settled alot/started to tear along the bottom. For higher spring rates, I would not get these, they do take a pounding, poly would be the best bet.

On a side note, my Prothane front LCA bushings (strut mount to be exact) have held up PERFECTLY w/ my D2 11K springs. My solution for the rear is exactly what Lucid did but only weld the outer sleeve to the r. knuckle.

That's my update

Comment

how are the trailing arm bushings holding up? i think i might just get the shit filled and called it again

Comment

^Trailing arm bushings are holding up just fine. They've haven't been in for that long, but this bushing is more of a pivot bushing than an impact bushing. The rear strut mounts are a diff. story, those take a beating just like the fronts!

Comment

i want to get the sperical bearings for the race cb7. thanks for the update.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                        X