procastination leads to detonation !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

procastination leads to detonation !!

ok.. been putting the f22b swap for a while and also fixing my tranny by replacing with a good one.. mine didn't have third gear. Well I finally put a windshield in the damn car and put some 18s on it and was hoping to cruise tonight with trickedaccord. That didn't happen. Making a left turn to go to trickeds house ... driving normal and no hard shifting or nothing actually driving worse than old people and the damn Tranny blew up on me. What really pisses me off is that it happened when i wasn't even giving in hell or racing. I just don't understand that almost under no stress the tranny goes out like that.. don't get me wrong i have blown tranny's appart before but that was doing some hard launches or hard shifting. This happened to me in my civic but the motor blew up in it .. under normal driving i slung a rod through the block. I guess i should just give my cars hell and they won't give out on me because everytime i decide to just take it really easy the fucking break on me. I GIVE UP !!! anyways here are some pics of the crime scene and of where the tranny came appart.

Last edited by tn_accords; 10-06-2007, 06:33 PM.

Originally posted by Devergote
    A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Whoa buddy that thing just came apart lol.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

any other damage to the engine or accessories?
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i don't know about any other damage because it was kinda dark and not a good flashlight but i think everything else is good.. just a big damn hole at the diff.... i am going to pull everything out next weekend and then i will take pics of it then.

A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Nah no other damages that we can see but its all good cause he has been putting off the F22B DOHC swap for a while and he has had the motor and tranny to swap into it for months. lol I guess this is a good reason to go ahead and do the swap. We will be pulling the car back to his place and making the list of everything still need to complete the swap tomorrow. Then by next weekend it will be welcome to the DOHC side hehehe. We did still go out on the town in my car after towing his to my house. We couldnt get a race to save our lives .... pulled up with a 350 swapped blazer and a cop cuts that one off before we got started good, then lined up with a mazda matrix or what ever it is with wheels exhaust and decals and traffic keeps that one from going anywhere. then Tn_Accord who I had driving pisses some guys off in a nissan 2.5 becuase they were cruisin side by side with some girls in a car beside them going mad slow so he dumps the clutch floors it hits the middle turn lane and passes them lol (no on comine traffic) then they pull up to us at the light and start jumping the car foward so Tn_Accords does a quick wheel chirp and gets ready to launch but they run the damn red light lol so then the light turns green we head down the hill to make the turn around and they are turning into sonics we bust a U turn and cut them off landing back in front of them lol. And by then there were over 7 cops on a 3 mile strip. so horrible night for races
          Last edited by trickedaccord92; 09-16-2007, 04:47 AM.

Comment

getting ready to get the car towed back to his house !!!

Comment

That sucks man i hope everything works out for you. I know the feeling when trannys just go on you my old automatic tranny gave up on me one time and i was like 100 miles away from my house and could not get no one to come and get me.

Comment

http://www.irfanview.com/ is your friend.

Reduces pic size to fit better.
                !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

it'll buff out...

Comment

no bullshitting his 2 year old and 4 year old were in the car he was not giving his car hell at all that night. he has given his car hell before and he was already missing 3rd gear but he was driving normally that night when it happened. Just things havent been looking up for him on the mechanical side.

Comment

Ok.. just got the tranny out.. here are some pics of it .. you can really see the destruction

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                        it'll buff out...
                        My Ride r.i.p.

My new ride

Comment

new block...and transmission

damn

sorry man

Comment

I'm not calling you incompetent so don't take it that way....but if you have similar issues time and time again.....you're not doing something right.

Either that or you're really good at picking out busted parts.

My Accord History:
                            91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
                              I'm not calling you incompetent so don't take it that way....but if you have similar issues time and time again.....you're not doing something right.

Either that or you're really good at picking out busted parts.
                              well.. i the parts i get i usually have as spares that i take out of my previous cars that I have junked out. I know I am hard on the drivetrain sometimes but I did kinda know this tranny was going out.. i didn't have third gear in it and it was hard to shift into the other gears and high revs.

Comment

Working...
                              X