tips for getting maximal responses in new threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tips for getting maximal responses in new threads

being a moderator here, as well as a member of numerous other boards, and a casual visitor of others, i've noticed many many trends.

the one trend, that has inspired this thread, is the lack of thought put into thread titles and questions asked in the initial post. perhaps i, and others who add to this thread, can shed some light into getting the desired responses in threads.

1. have a clear and concise title. all to often, it seems as though people have thread titles such as: "?" or "help" or "can't seem to" or "another question about..." many times members who have knowledge and ideas that may help you overlook these threads, as they are very unspecific, and perhaps judgements are made about the person that would make one of those titles (or similar title).

2. be clear and concise in your question. you may indeed have a bit of explaining to do, but being short and to the point is generally helpful.

3. use of proper punctuation. this often kills questions. many times, a person may have an easily answered question... but its buried in a massive runon sentence. use some of the skills that were learned (hopefully) in elementary school to get your point across.

4. if your thread is going to be a bit long winded, feel free to use paragraphs in order to separate ideas. not only are ideas separated (appropriately i might add) with paragraphs, but it also will allow the reader/other users to easily read what you have written.

if you have other thoughts on how to get the responses you desire in a thread, feel free to post them here.

i think my semi-vent is done.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

proper grammer helps too

Comment

and dont type in ALL CAPS!

list looks good el, all of which ive also noticed and agree with. be clear, concise, straightforward, and understandable.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

and no ghetto talk either...

"hellZ yYA doGG! I waZZ RaCINZ thiS SiK ECLipsE y0!"

Comment

Originally posted by cb7deathride
          and no ghetto talk either...

"hellZ yYA doGG! I waZZ RaCINZ thiS SiK ECLipsE y0!"

your rigth man thats soo.. unprofessional

be specific on your threads .. get to the point and make it short as uncle el said...
          "LAND OF THE GREAT"!! OSAKA,JAPAN

Comment

Thanks for the info guys apparently no one seems to like my threads.

My Ride

Comment

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I HAVE PERFECT ENGLISH MANG AND LIKE SERIOUSLY WHAT IS WRONG WHY DOESNT ANYONE LIKE TO REPLY TO MY THREADS I DO EVERYTHING RIGHT AND LIKE EVERYONES HATING ON ME MANG

Comment

Originally posted by Slateboy
                WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I HAVE PERFECT ENGLISH MANG AND LIKE SERIOUSLY WHAT IS WRONG WHY DOESNT ANYONE LIKE TO REPLY TO MY THREADS I DO EVERYTHING RIGHT AND LIKE EVERYONES HATING ON ME MANG

^^^^^^^^ dats som funy shitz!!!

My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Slateboy
                  Bwhahahahahahahahaha

Elliot is the man
                  Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                  The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

I know spelling is not something that everybody is spectacular on, but it'd be nice if some people make at least half an effort to spell. Spelling is taught in elementary school- my 9 yr old can spell better than some of the posts I've seen.

Fabricated example:

My car wonte start an I thinke my baterey bieng dead may have somthing to dew with it. It is teh bummer.

C'mon, people! It's not that hard!
                    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

funny shit i hate that ////

"LAND OF THE GREAT"!! OSAKA,JAPAN

Comment

notes taken.....yo

Comment

Some very good points here. AT has a system that disables all caps. A good, catchy title doesnt hurt either! Hopefully ppl will read this so we can all become better... um... posters.

Comment

Yo i got ya back holla at me. Who am I?
                            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

one sells things to another person. one does not "sale" things to another.
                              however, you can make a sale.

lets remember our verbs and nouns, and the differences between them.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Working...
                              X