Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My Seafoam experience *video*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Seafoam experience *video*

I decided that since it was time to change my oil, I'd attempt a Seafoam treatment to my car. I'm at 170K so I was a little worried, but after i did it, it runs MUCH better. I took a video of the whole experience lol, enjoy. I'm the guy in the black, my friend Omar is in red...he helped out A LOT as you can see. wow, my car sounds ricey in the last vid. its prob. the DC header causing it oh well...

video 1...pouring in the seafoam

video 2....starting it up

Video 3 THE SMOKE OUT
    Last edited by Losiracer2; 03-02-2008, 11:56 PM.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

word up dude

where did you put the seafoam? In the oil cap?

Then drive it for a bit and put new oil in?

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Oh shiet it's Losiracer2!

Oil change is needed after that.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

YEP! I changed the oil after driving it around for 5 miles so it would circulate in there and get all the crap out. BOY was it BLACK

member's ride thread
        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by CB7lx91
          word up dude

where did you put the seafoam? In the oil cap?

Then drive it for a bit and put new oil in?
          yeah 1/3 in oil cap, 1/3 in gas tank, 1/3 in brake booster line to intake manifold. Then drove around the neighborhood w/ the pedal to the medal smoking out all the trees, that was FUN oh and then changed oil/filter w/ mobil 1 5w30 full synthetic

member's ride thread
          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
            YEP! I changed the oil after driving it around for 5 miles so it would circulate in there and get all the crap out. BOY was it BLACK

Oh indeed it is.. All the booger fell out of the engines nostrils lol..

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
            1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
            2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
            2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
            2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
            2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

i did that before and some guy drove past by and thought that my car is a piece of shit because of the smoke ><

Comment

Originally posted by XcluziveAZN
                i did that before and some guy drove past by and thought that my car is a piece of shit because of the smoke ><
                haha, yeah i pretty much smoked out everything behind me. I couldn't imagine what it was like for the car behind, they had to pull over to the side of the road and stop because of the white smoke, that was funny.

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

X_x <
                  SMOOOOKE! lol

Comment

haha nice man.. i did it a while ago on my car turned out good. haha i did it at night so i didnt get to see the smoke so much.. but i romped on it up and down my road (moutain road nice twistys haha) and had my friend in his maro follow me.. he said it was smokin for a goot 2 miles at least.. then i went back and did a castrol syntec high milage oil change with a wix filter! =D workeds great im getting exactally 30mpgs now compared t about 21-23 that i was gettin b4

8 Accords so far:
                    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Originally posted by F22Cb7Rid3r
                      haha nice man.. i did it a while ago on my car turned out good. haha i did it at night so i didnt get to see the smoke so much.. but i romped on it up and down my road (moutain road nice twistys haha) and had my friend in his maro follow me.. he said it was smokin for a goot 2 miles at least.. then i went back and did a castrol syntec high milage oil change with a wix filter! =D workeds great im getting exactally 30mpgs now compared t about 21-23 that i was gettin b4
                      wow, 30 up from 21-24, damn that'd be great! i'm getting 21 right now...

member's ride thread
                      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

yeah 1/3 in oil cap, 1/3 in gas tank, 1/3 in brake booster line to intake manifold. Then drove around the neighborhood w/ the pedal to the medal smoking out all the trees, that was FUN oh and then changed oil/filter w/ mobil 1 5w30 full synthetic
                        so u can put it in the gas tank and oil cap and brake booster...?and how did u put it in ur intake..?and is the oil the only thing u have to flush after seafoaming?.

Comment

Originally posted by Dans92cb7
                          so u can put it in the gas tank and oil cap and brake booster...?and how did u put it in ur intake..?and is the oil the only thing u have to flush after seafoaming?.
                          yeah first pour a third in your oil, then a third in your gas tank, and then take off the line that runs from the back of the intake manifold to the brake booster by removing the clamp on the booster side, and then what i did was take a funnel and pour slowly the seafoam into the line...kinda letting the engine slurp it up. do this at a gradual pace until you dont have any seafoam left. You can even let the engine die if you want, it doesn't harm anything.

Then wait 15 min for it to soak in and start her up and ROMP on it to get all the carbon outta there. If you pour it in your oil, you should immediately drain and fill w/ fresh oil since the carbon crap will be suspended in there from pouring a 1/3 in the oil crankcase. yeah the oil is the only flush you have to do.

member's ride thread
                          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

you did it 100% correct

except the mobil 1 part, Royal Purple for the win!

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto
                              you did it 100% correct

except the mobil 1 part, Royal Purple for the win!
                              SWEET! I Rock! hahah

member's ride thread
                              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
                              X