89 Cressida on Pinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by accordaffair
    is that really a "kicked its ass" win if the other one couldn't even race?

I want a real race

it proved (once again) imports are more reliable than domestics. so i guess this just wasnt about 1/4 mile time as both cars had problems and the 2jz ran
    Last edited by skilzz; 05-01-2008, 11:03 PM.

Comment

holy...............
      i want one too......

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by skilzz
        it proved (once again) imports are more reliable than domestics. so i guess this just wasnt about 1/4 mile time as both cars had problems and the 2jz ran
        meh I'd love to just agree as usual, but race built cars don't fall under the standard of reliability that I consider

to hell with it I'll move on

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoegood1
          I miss the old song Walk Away by the Nadas.
          x2. When they win.."walk awaaay....from mee....myyy love" I love that song. Now they have a "Pinks" Album, so

And yeah, i saw the episode. One guy was like, " how many Mustangs does it take to beat a Nissan?!"

And it wasnt running right. He was having problems with the nitrous or he was having trouble with the top of 1st.

AND they gave him a PINKS "salute"

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
            x2. When they win.."walk awaaay....from mee....myyy love" I love that song. Now they have a "Pinks" Album, so

And yeah, i saw the episode. One guy was like, " how many Mustangs does it take to beat a Nissan?!"

And it wasnt running right. He was having problems with the nitrous or he was having trouble with the top of 1st.

AND they gave him a PINKS "salute"

"pinks" salute?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Wouldve been better

No, as he drove back to the start, all the guys(Rich, Nate, Kail) all stood up on the wall and saluted him....

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I love how this thread became an "imports are better than domestics" bashing thread. Because we all know that 90% of the time on that show it is NOT the domestics that get their ass handed to them. Domestics don't do a lot of things well, but going straight is not one of them.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I saw this episode too. It was crazy, because I was just thinking, "Man, Pinks always has domestics on. When's someone gonna bring a Supra or 300ZX on there?" Then I turned it on, and there was a Cressida with a 2JZ swap. I lol'd at not one, but two Mustangs breaking down/having major issues. However, the Toyota had some tuning issues too. Seems like the guys on the show were surprised the 2JZ had that much power. Was kind of a crap way to win though, would've loved to see more real runs.

Comment

i have a 83 cressida too and a small block chevy.

what do you think?
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by skilzz
                      it proved (once again) imports are more reliable than domestics.
                      Youre retarded.
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

Mahdavi Motorsports in Lilburn, GA.
                        http://www.mahdavimotorsports.com/im...inks/index.htm
                        Last edited by MenaceAccord92; 05-02-2008, 05:09 AM.

Comment

I'm thinking when the silver car backfired it toated a wire or something. Starters just don't fail like that. Did you see that second launch from the Stang? Beautiful. Didn't see the Yota doing that......... oh wait, that's because the 2JZ doesn't make any power until it's halfway down the track........

That show proved nothing since race cars and street cars don't fall under the same rules for reliability. I don't remember that thing runing exactly perfect either. Breaking up real bad down most of the track.

- Rob -
                          92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
                          85 Toyota 4Runner
                          1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
                          2008 HD 1200N
                          2009 HD 883N

Comment

I drive a domestic every day. Honestly, it's holding up just fine. I beat the living piss out of it. It has a roots blower attached to it, so it's getting hot air force fed to it constantly. It'll run for 12-14 hours straight. Sure, I bitch about it... but aside from the previous owner putting stop-leak shit in it and destroying my water pump, it has never failed on me (and even when the water pump started to go, I still drove it to the shop...)

Imports ARE usually made to tighter tolerances. However, domestics aren't garbage. One of the reasons why "domestics don't last" is because their owners think that way. The resale value of a Cavalier is lower than that of a Civic... so why maintain it? The Civic will be worth something in 8 years. The Cavalier won't. So if it blows up in 7 years, who cares, right? You can also get used domestics far cheaper than used imports. I paid $11k for my GTP with 48k on it. It was pristine. I could've paid the same price for a CL-S with 84k on it, 4 curbed wheels, and 2 noticeable dents... Honestly, I bet that CL-S has broken already. It clearly wasn't taken care of.

Comment

I don't thinks it's about reliability. It's about who can build a fast car, show up on race day and be the first to cross the finish 4 times.
                              "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                              "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                              ><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoegood1
                                I don't thinks it's about reliability. It's about who can build a fast car, show up on race day and be the first to cross the finish 4 times.
                                Pretty much spot on........

- Rob -
                                92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
                                85 Toyota 4Runner
                                1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
                                2008 HD 1200N
                                2009 HD 883N

Comment

Working...
                                X