quick survey about cb7tuner.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick survey about cb7tuner.com

ok inspiredcm5 is my fiance and she had posted this in beg. forum but she needs as many responses as possible!

please be serious in all responses

Hello! I am new to the website and although I don't own a CB7, my fiance does and has been a part of this community for a long time now...I am a junior at Ohio State and for one of my communication classes I was given the opportunity to choose a community and a communication practice and write a paper on it...great opportunity huh? lol I wish I did not have to do it, but I thought that doing the project on CB7tuner.com would be a great idea! I have seen how Jake interacts on here and I am interested in the amount of social support people receive from this website. To help me out, I need insider's opinions (noobs like me and members both) in order to see if this site does indeed provide social support, any help would be GREATLY appreciated and because of this project, I hope to be a long time member of this site, it's awesome!

(To be fair, if you choose not to post your opinions on here you can PM me as well)

1. How long have you been a member of CB7tuner.com?

2. Why did you join? Any main reason(s)?

3. What is/are the reason(s) you continue to be a member (or will continue)?

4. Have you made any new friends or "frequent aquaintances" since becoming a member?

5. How often do you come to the website for social support (and by this I mean non-CB7 or other car related support (I know it's important, but I already know people get GREAT support on here concerning their car! I am particularly interested in social support, (for example, personal problems, personal questions, etc)?

6. For this section, I wanted an open response on what YOU think about social support and this website? (granted, I know this website is not mainly for that, but as a result of it being such a close knit community, social support must occur sometime--or not?) tell me what you think!

Any help you guys/gals can give me, I would GREATLY appreciate it once again, I know it's lengthy but I hope to present a great project here since this community is so great itself! Thanks again!

smoke tires, not drugs.

Joined in july 2007

I was looking for repair advice on my broken car

Great community with the coolest bunch of folks that you could ever ask to meet and the wealth of cb knowledge available

4. Have you made any new friends or "frequent aquaintances" since becoming a member?

Yes, several and new friendships formed almost daily

5. How often do you come to the website for social support (and by this I mean non-CB7 or other car related support (I know it's important, but I already know people get GREAT support on here concerning their car! I am particularly interested in social support, (for example, personal problems, personal questions, etc)?

Several times a day. CB7tuner.com is like an e-water cooler

6. For this section, I wanted an open response on what YOU think about social support and this website? (granted, I know this website is not mainly for that, but as a result of it being such a close knit community, social support must occur sometime--or not?) tell me what you think!

Social support here is almost as important as automotive support. Not everyone wants to log on, have their issue solved then log off. I personally enjoy sharing many aspects of who I am with this community (many who read my posts know that I enjoy cooking after a day of modding this or repairing that on my car )
    "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
    ><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
      1. How long have you been a member of CB7tuner.com? 1 year and a couple of months

2. Why did you join? Any main reason(s)? i was referred by people off car domain

3. What is/are the reason(s) you continue to be a member (or will continue)? people are very helpful and i try to give the knowledge back to newbs (like you )

4. Have you made any new friends or "frequent aquaintances" since becoming a member? yes slammed is awesome he is one i would go out of my way for

5. How often do you come to the website for social support (and by this I mean non-CB7 or other car related support (I know it's important, but I already know people get GREAT support on here concerning their car! I am particularly interested in social support, (for example, personal problems, personal questions, etc)? really only once for personal problems (my wife was in the hospital while she was pregnant and wanted everyone to pray for us and they did )

6. For this section, I wanted an open response on what YOU think about social support and this website? (granted, I know this website is not mainly for that, but as a result of it being such a close knit community, social support must occur sometime--or not?) tell me what you think! well if someone needs help and you know you can trust them i would do anything and everything i could do to help that person. thats just how good it is here you scratch my back and ill scratch yours

Any help you guys/gals can give me, I would GREATLY appreciate it once again, I know it's lengthy but I hope to present a great project here since this community is so great itself! Thanks again!
      here you go slammed give your finance my answers in red
      Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
      Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
      JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

1. Almost a year and a half. I think I joined in Jan. 2007.

2. Well, I first joined to seek information on routine maintenence. I became hooked, and met new people.

3. Networking. Meeting new people who help each other in times of need. Learning new things (this is a great place to learn, not just about Accords, but...).

4. Yes. For example, BIGJOEGOOD is at least 500 miles away from me (I've never met him, only seen pictures). I am sure I can send him a PM regarding a problem or advice and he would be there.

5. I may come on here about once a month (maybe a lil' more) asking advice/ help with daily life.

6. For the most part, almost everyone (a vast majority) offers mature and positive advice when needed.

Advice: Be yourself and KEEP IT REAL. Don't bullshit/lye to try to gain whatever...
        Last edited by Straight Success; 05-17-2008, 11:51 PM.
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

ugh... surveys.
          This is going to be a pain for you to analyze :P

here we go:

Since July 2006

Mainly to ask questions about my car (93 accord lx)

Helping people, networking, talking with friends. CB7tuner offers a vast network of diverse people. I like to poll members when it comes to decisions. Having outside views is very helpful in decision making.

I've made a few friends. I've only met one in person. I hope to meet more in the future.

I sometimes ask some questions. It's mostly car related, however. Some questions involve purchase decisions. Sometimes I post funny links, etc.

I think CB7tuner offers a diverse group of people that can reflect their opinions. It's an international community which should be able to have in depth discussions about anything and feel comfortable with it. It's very comforting to know that there are so many people here who share the same interests. Through that we've become a pretty close community. I don't know everyone by name, but I value their opinions. AND I have to get to a meet sometime soon. I've not been to one yet! >:C
          My Car
          FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
            ok inspiredcm5 is my fiance and she had posted this in beg. forum but she needs as many responses as possible!

please be serious in all responses

Hello! I am new to the website and although I don't own a CB7, my fiance does and has been a part of this community for a long time now...I am a junior at Ohio State and for one of my communication classes I was given the opportunity to choose a community and a communication practice and write a paper on it...great opportunity huh? lol I wish I did not have to do it, but I thought that doing the project on CB7tuner.com would be a great idea! I have seen how Jake interacts on here and I am interested in the amount of social support people receive from this website. To help me out, I need insider's opinions (noobs like me and members both) in order to see if this site does indeed provide social support, any help would be GREATLY appreciated and because of this project, I hope to be a long time member of this site, it's awesome!

(To be fair, if you choose not to post your opinions on here you can PM me as well)

since 2006

looking for awnsers for start up problems (main relay)

friendly members, lots of good information. this is where i learned about motors and such.

yes lots

rarely. its a car forum

i think its amazing. you know learning members, getting to know them more. and just chatting with members about our lives and what we do, go, etc. when we're not involved in cars.

theres mines responce
            miss my turbo cb7
            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Ill just repost my response here as well since it was moved out of "Beginners"

1. How long have you been a member of CB7tuner.com? -25 months.

2. Why did you join? Any main reason(s)? -I found the site by accident, about a year after i bought my Accord. I was looking for parts and things like that to mod and came across the site. I checked it out, liked the idea and joined.

3. What is/are the reason(s) you continue to be a member (or will continue)? -Ive learned alot about my car. Its history, its place in the import world, its mod-ability, its potential. Ive also been able to find people who share alot of the same, common problems. Such as quarter panel rust, hard tranny shift, faulty a/c knobs. I also like the comradary[sp?]. Deev is an AWESOME mod, and the ppl whose he chosen to be mods are excellent, well-rounded ppl. There is also mass amounts of knowledge, info and a vast majority of the members are very helpful ppl.

4. Have you made any new friends or "frequent aquaintances" since becoming a member? -Yes i have, lol. I wont go into the list of my "favorite members" but Ive made new friends, in my local community and in the internet. This may be a bad analogy, but cb7tuner is kinda like my "bar", lol. It my hangout when the day's over. I see the same old ppl talking the same old BS and its just the usual. Some or most of the ppl i dont talk to outside of this place, but when we're here, its nothing but good times.

5. How often do you come to the website for social support (and by this I mean non-CB7 or other car related support (I know it's important, but I already know people get GREAT support on here concerning their car! I am particularly interested in social support, (for example, personal problems, personal questions, etc)? -I dont often look to my cb7 peers for social support. I have before, and they were there for me. Ive also seen others speak out and ask for help or support, and they(myself included) were very generous and very supportive.

6. For this section, I wanted an open response on what YOU think about social support and this website? (granted, I know this website is not mainly for that, but as a result of it being such a close knit community, social support must occur sometime--or not?) tell me what you think! -As mentioned earlier, cb7tuner, in my opinion, is not known for being socially supportive. However, when ppl ask for it, they get it. Ive seen news stories posted about accidents, or the like, in their area, and members will post up their condolances...to ppl they dont even know. And to me, that says wonders for the kind of ppl we have here.

--"Any help you guys/gals can give me, I would GREATLY appreciate it once again, I know it's lengthy but I hope to present a great project here since this community is so great itself! Thanks again!"--

Now comes my favorite part, the freestyle.

I would first like to state that, ironically, i just happen to be listening to "Another Day In Paradise" by Phill Collins. I knows its "cheese" but think about it. I also tend to blab, so ill try to be quick and on-point.

CB7Tuner is...

First of all, a great place. Ive learned so much information about my car, that i often wonder where id be with it had i never found this site. I often wonder if finding it was almost inevitable. I was on the road to being your typical ricer. Until i found cb7t. I learned the ways of "JDM", OEM and how to mod my car while maintaining a clean, subtle style. All of which could be done to my likings.

There's also plenty about photography, animals and other automotive. Many members are ace photgraphers, and they share their work. And we love seeing it. Some members own and are rally into their pets. they love showing us, we love seeing them. Some members own or have since moved on to newer and better things. Many are still within the Honda family, but regardless if they are or not, they want to show us their new hobby, and we want to see it.

The members, and mods alike, are...in a catergory all their own. Deev is a great guy. I only know of him what i have read here. And ive learned alot about him and what kind of guy he is. Same couldbe said about any member. I only know a handful personally, but you learn so much about everyone. Some good things, some bad. Some funny, some sad or unfortunate. But it only makes you feel closer to that member. And especially knowing that they share alot of the same feelings, ideas and frustrations you do.

We all have so much in common. We all own, or have owned, a CB7. We all share the trials and tribulations of owning them. We have all been through the hazings from non-CB7 tuners. But being a member here, and any forum really, you see and learn about life. And how other people get through it. I really wish i could explain it. You have to be a member here to really understand it.

Im a member on a few other forums and while they all share common knowledge, ideas or community humor, they dont feel as close-knit as cb7tuner does.

Id be willing to put my life in almost any cb7tuner member's hands. On any other forum--I wouldnt even dare. I know that if i really needed it, i could count on almost any one of these people to provide a buck, a bite to eat or even a warm place to sleep for a night.

I come here not only to enjoy the antics and rantings of my fellow members, and to see the latest DIY, custom work or new fangled part, but i come here, because when Im here..Im family. When Im here, its just another day in paradise.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Hey this is actually inspiredcm5, just getting on Jake's name to say THANK YOU! (I'm still a noob and working on my post count haha, I'm getting there!) and yes, this is going to take me FOREVER to analyze but you know, there is some great information here no matter what opinion you have, I'm open! Thanks for helping to make my final project successful, keep the responses coming!!

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

1. Since last summer (07)

2. Because I was going to buy a Grey 1991 Honda Accord LX

3. To contribute, plus looked like a really friendly laid back place.

4. Not really.

5. Never usually

6. It doesn't bother me, but when somebody is just being an attention whore, then its another story.
                  wat?

Comment

1 year 8 months

I needed to find some info to fix something but i don't remember what it was.

I think the site is informative and entertaining at the same time.

Yes. I've met a lot of great people on here both in person and just communicating over PMs.

Never

I think it's great when someone posts that they are having a difficult time with some aspect of their life and people respond with help and support. It shows that many of the members on this site are really here to support each other and not just here to ask questions about cars.
                    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

- Since December 04

I owned a CB7 and wanted to learn more about it at the time. Its been great. Ive learned ALOT here.

I love it here. I know the members fairly well, even though I know almost none of them by name, and Its interesting here.

I know a few people by name, and Ive even stayed over in Travis' house. Im not sure if any of the people Ive met are really "frequent acquaintances" though."

I come here for personal support occasionally. I know I have at least twice. The people here are fantastically supportive.

See above. The people here are awesome. Theyre supportive when you need it, and objective when youre being an idiot. Its great, because it can be both a reality check and a support system all at the same time.
                      -Mark-
                      CB7
                      CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                      Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

and objective when youre being an idiot

lol thats the truth for sure

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

kiu

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

1 year and 8 months

To get help with my cb7 mainly.

Id forever be a member because many people here are very knowledgable when it comes to the accords or hondas in general. This is definitely one of the best places to come to when you need help or general info on how to fix your honda. The place is pretty well organized and definitely managed very well too thanks to deeve and the other mods.

Ive made plenty of friends and have met quite a few members on here at meets or events. Ive actually gotten close with a bunch of peeps on here that i would now consider close friends. Oneoffaccord, cpmike, ceelooboob, h22sparkle, 2.2azul, team83rd, bruno... and im sure there are others im leaving out. (sorry guys)

I rarely come here for social support or advice on my social life. However i would like to say that its interesting to read threads in the off topic section about others' social life and problems. Sometimes theyre comic and other times i like to read the threads just for insight on how people think and would react to different situations.

Although this website isn't based on social support, I would say the support you can get here is great. It seems that this community is pretty open. I think most on here feel comfortable posting a thread about personal and social issues because most (not all) of the peeps on the site are cool and understanding and are not going to curse you out or flame you for every little thing like on some other forums.....(no names)

Hope this helps....

Comment

1. I've been A member for 4 great years.

2. I joined because i was looking for information towards this car and stumbled across this forum.

3. I continue to come to this forum for the following reasons. there's great information on this forum which everyone can learn from. This board is not like any other, it's calm and not as crazy as others like honda tech. Also I like to see the progress people are making towards there goals with cars. I've meet some nice local people.

4. I've meet a ton of people since joining this board, some good friends.

5. I've never came on here for social support.

6. i think it's important at certain times, i don't know when that is but sometimes people need to help them selves then be helped.

Comment

Working...
                              X