X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MadSpleen85
    replied
    Originally posted by jspech22acclude
    hell some police stations, will give out gun locks for free as long as the gun is registered
    Most do around the KC area.

Gun locks a just common sense if you have a gun, even if you don't have kids.

I dont know if this was mentioned in the story that was posted or not but the childs father is in the Military, Army is what I heard, he of all people should know the importance of gun safety.

Leave a comment:

• jspech22acclude
    replied
    Originally posted by greencb7inkc
    I thought gun locks were like $5 or something? Super cheap compared to a childs life.

Also, you dont need to invest $200. A decent $40 safe is all you need.

Such a sad story. And it happened in front of 3 of her friends....
    hell some police stations, will give out gun locks for free as long as the gun is registered

Leave a comment:

• TurboZach
    replied
    I grew up around guns. I was taught the seriousness and extreme consequences of them, thusly, I didn't touch them because they weren't of any interest to me. They were there, but that wasn't an invitation to screw around with them when no one was looking.

I knew kids who lusted after their daddy's hunting closet because it was something they wouldn't open 'til they were 18, so naturally all they'd wanna do is crack it open. Education really does work, who'd've thought.

Leave a comment:

• Losiracer2
    replied
    anyone notice the 9091 black CB7 sedan in the driveway?

Leave a comment:

• SN2BH22CB7
    replied
    Oh yeah...almost forgot...this little kid is 8 years old..

VERY IMPRESSIVE.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bSjA67Dl4...eature=related

and heres another video of the same kid doing a review of some of his dad's guns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsgtQe0Fa04&NR=1

once again...

you teach a kid early...and you will DECIMATE any chance of accident because of curiosity.

Im PRO-gun..and I have been teaching my step-daughter how to takedown my guns...cleaning them...shes just a little scared of shooting the bigger calibers ( .40 and .45 )

so I myself can vouch for teaching kids gun safety.
    Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 06-07-2008, 12:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 71_307
    replied
    so in the states its not law to have to have your gun locked up??

Leave a comment:

• SN2BH22CB7
    replied
    Originally posted by bigjoegood1
    Education is very important.

When I had my guns in the house, I used to hide my guns from my kids but decided to invite them in while cleaning them one day to show them what I was doing.

This takes away the intrigue and excitement. I told them that they were welcome to see them anytime they wanted as long as they let me show them to them. Never ever touch them alone because if they touch them while I am not around, they will not be allowed to see or touch them again.

I also taught them that if they are ever with their friends and encounter a firearm, no one should touch it, leave the room immediately and tell an adult.

They are rewarded with range visits with trigger time.
    you beat me to it joe!

yup...when you start them off EARLY ...introduction into firearm safety and handling.

that cancels out the curiousity and intrigueness of wonder. That leads to child firearm accidents prone from CURIOUSITY because the parents played HIDE AND GO SEEK with their firearms and their children.

I can't stress that enough.

teach them EARLY and you WILL prevent an accident.

here...heres proof of and the product of showing a child gun safety and handling at an EARLY age:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rLV_e2DnQds

^ I commented on that little kid's page ....as Im VERY IMPRESSED.

thats how it should be. He was taught VERY well.

Leave a comment:

• bigjoegood1
    replied
    Education is very important.

When I had my guns in the house, I used to hide my guns from my kids but decided to invite them in while cleaning them one day to show them what I was doing.

This takes away the intrigue and excitement. I told them that they were welcome to see them anytime they wanted as long as they let me show them to them. Never ever touch them alone because if they touch them while I am not around, they will not be allowed to see or touch them again.

I also taught them that if they are ever with their friends and encounter a firearm, no one should touch it, leave the room immediately and tell an adult.

They are rewarded with range visits with trigger time.

Leave a comment:

• verothacamaro
    replied
    Originally posted by hondaccordgrl
    http://www.kctv5.com/news/16526460/detail.html

First off, if you own a gun, FUCKING PUT IT UP IF YOU HAVE KIDS!!!!!

Goodness, why the fuck would you leave a gun on a nightstand while you have 2 children in the house, let alone one of your kids have friends over

stupid people shit......
    I wouldn't have a gun in my house in the first place, if I had kids.

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    I thought gun locks were like $5 or something? Super cheap compared to a childs life.

Also, you dont need to invest $200. A decent $40 safe is all you need.

Such a sad story. And it happened in front of 3 of her friends....

Leave a comment:

• Father Time
    replied
    That is one reason why I haven't bought the .45cal I want. I know someway my kids would find it. Until they are out of the house or grown up enough that I deem they are safe enough with one, will I think of getting it.

My opinion.

Leave a comment:

• jdmwannabe
    replied
    That is too sad, they will have to live with that for the rest of their lives that may be punishment enough.

Leave a comment:

• eastern_ethics
    replied
    thats exactly the shit that pisses me off about people....invest $200 in a fingerprint safe and save your kids life!

Leave a comment:

• hondaccordgrl
    started a topic 8 year old shoots herself in the head

8 year old shoots herself in the head

http://www.kctv5.com/news/16526460/detail.html

First off, if you own a gun, FUCKING PUT IT UP IF YOU HAVE KIDS!!!!!

Goodness, why the fuck would you leave a gun on a nightstand while you have 2 children in the house, let alone one of your kids have friends over

stupid people shit......
Working...
X