Keep my pops in your thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep my pops in your thoughts.

Last week my dad was admitted to the hospital because he fell at work and gashed his head pretty bad. 3 staples closed that up. His head is fine.

On the other hand, after living with diabetes for 20 years, its starting to take its toll. His kidney has nephrotic syndrome where basically they have tiny holes and don't perform as they should and make it so he retains more water then he usually does and thus making it harder for him to breathe as he is already overweight.

Also his o2 levels go down at night because of sleep apnea and after years of little o2 at night his lungs have become fibrotic, which means theyve hardened and gas exchange is minimal and he is retaining carbon dioxide and its making him groggy and disoriented as well as keeping toxins in his blood from his kidney problem.

Yesterday we decided to start him on dialysis to help remove some of the toxins in his blood and get him more alert etc but the truth remains that there isnt much they can do for his lungs or kidneys and it might just be a matter of time now.

So i just wanted to keep my cb7 family informed and just try to keep him in your prayers and such.

Were going to see him now so ill give an update.

Thanks everyone!

o man, doesn't sound good idk what to say but best of luck to you and your family and especially to your pops.

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

thats no good, my prayers are with yall. tell him to drink loads of water but also tell him that caffeine (if he drinks alot of coffee) is a hell of a stimulant and sometimes it can make you dizzy and faint if your body is fatigued.

Comment

Damn ralphie he will definately be in my thought and prayers.
        accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
        ....................My New Baby
        SOLD TO
        ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Prayers sent for your dad's total healing and restoration to his place at the head of his family and also your family's comfort.
          "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
          "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
          ><((((º>

Comment

Damn Ralphie, I am sorry to be reading this. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. It is never nice to see a family member in poor health.
            3 CB's gone....
            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
              Last week my dad was admitted to the hospital because he fell at work and gashed his head pretty bad. 3 staples closed that up. His head is fine.

On the other hand, after living with diabetes for 20 years, its starting to take its toll. His kidney has nephrotic syndrome where basically they have tiny holes and don't perform as they should and make it so he retains more water then he usually does and thus making it harder for him to breathe as he is already overweight.

Also his o2 levels go down at night because of sleep apnea and after years of little o2 at night his lungs have become fibrotic, which means theyve hardened and gas exchange is minimal and he is retaining carbon dioxide and its making him groggy and disoriented as well as keeping toxins in his blood from his kidney problem.

Yesterday we decided to start him on dialysis to help remove some of the toxins in his blood and get him more alert etc but the truth remains that there isnt much they can do for his lungs or kidneys and it might just be a matter of time now.

So i just wanted to keep my cb7 family informed and just try to keep him in your prayers and such.

Were going to see him now so ill give an update.

Thanks everyone!
              You all will be in my thoughts.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments guys!!
                I can't really tell him about cafeine because he is constantly falling in and out of conciousness.

He was slightly better today but not much.

Its really hitting me hard. I use to go to work with my pops on the weekend and he taught me the basics of car maintience and we spent a lot of time together. I use to love helping him and right now there isn't anything I can do.

Damn this sucks.

Comment

sorry to hear man. i hope he gets better and i will pray for him. later.
                  Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I wish you the best of luck man and that you are granted the strength to overcome whatever happens.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

He's in my thoughts

SOLD!!
                      Boosted H22
                      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Well im finally back in NY.

My dad is doing better. Hes on dialysis now and seems to be taking well too it, but its going to be a long road from here so well have to see.

Im just happy that he was concious enough to say goodbye to before i left and have a normal converstaion.

Thanks for all the support guys.

Comment

Keep your head up man!

Be strong.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                          Honda Accord Euro-R
                          Honda Odyssey Absolute
                          Honda City I-DSi
                          Honda Stream

Comment

Sorry to hear that Ralph, your dad will be in my prayers. I will also tell my mom to pray for him too.

Comment

Everything will work out for the best Ralphie.

Trevor.
                              RETIRED...

Comment

Working...
                              X