A little about me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little about me...

I know this will go unnoticed by those that probably should read it, but I'm typing it anyway.

I'm 28 years old.

I run this site.

I joined this site as a normal member, became a mod, and eventually took over when accordtunerx moved on.

I'm not a CB7 expert. In fact, I'm probably on the lower end of mechanical experience and ability.

My PM box can hold 500 PMs. I fill it 2-3 times a week.

My email address is available. And people use it. Extensively.

My AIM name is the same as my name on here. And people use it. Extensively.

I enjoy helping people. I really do.

However, when I offer some advice in a thread, I'm not saying "PM, email, or IM me so we can continue this conversation in private!" I hope you fix your car. However, I probably don't know enough to hold your hand through the process. I run this forum. I, along with my fantastic staff, do everything we can to ensure that things run smoothly and stay organized. Take advantage of it.

This is in response to the NUMEROUS PMs, IMs, and emails that I get from people that I have answered maybe once or twice in random threads that seem to believe I am their personal helpdesk. I'm a busy man. I'm not all that knowledgeable. Keep your questions public, here on the board. I'll help when I can. Others will help when THEY can. You'll get much better results than sending me your entire plan and asking what else you need to do!

/rant

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
    I know this will go unnoticed by those that probably should read it, but I'm typing it anyway.

I'm 28 years old.

I run this site.

I joined this site as a normal member, became a mod, and eventually took over when accordtunerx moved on.

I'm not a CB7 expert. In fact, I'm probably on the lower end of mechanical experience and ability.

My PM box can hold 500 PMs. I fill it 2-3 times a week.

My email address is available. And people use it. Extensively.

My AIM name is the same as my name on here. And people use it. Extensively.

I enjoy helping people. I really do.

However, when I offer some advice in a thread, I'm not saying "PM, email, or IM me so we can continue this conversation in private!" I hope you fix your car. However, I probably don't know enough to hold your hand through the process. I run this forum. I, along with my fantastic staff, do everything we can to ensure that things run smoothly and stay organized. Take advantage of it.

This is in response to the NUMEROUS PMs, IMs, and emails that I get from people that I have answered maybe once or twice in random threads that seem to believe I am their personal helpdesk. I'm a busy man. I'm not all that knowledgeable. Keep your questions public, here on the board. I'll help when I can. Others will help when THEY can. You'll get much better results than sending me your entire plan and asking what else you need to do!

/rant

Cheers to you and the staff!!!
    The local asshole, 19 years in the making and still not giving a shit

Originally posted by mj213
    Wait... don't you have a carbon fiber hood? You need to give your "bro" a cunt punt.

Originally posted by bizzyboi
    He will defend his stance on raping his car to no end.

Comment

I never understood why people feel the need to send PMs asking for help. What do you think is better, 1 person seeing your question, or 5,000? Which one do you think will yeild a faster, more thourough answer?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

You are without a doubt the best mod I've ever seen. The atmosphere of the site is all up to you, and you manage to devote untold hours to keeping it a community. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboZach View Post
          You are without a doubt the best mod I've ever seen. The atmosphere of the site is all up to you, and you manage to devote untold hours to keeping it a community. Thanks.
          Nah, I'm a whiny unorganized bitch... I just take all the credit. Most of the actual work is done by the guys on staff.

Comment

Heh.. Deev has guys on his "Staff"...heh

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

You're one of em, pal!

Comment

I feel where you're comming from Deev.
                You need a nice 5 day vacation.
                Get away for a little, sight seeing out west somewhere.
                LOL @ a 5 day ban.

But on the real, now that u posted ur rant im sure people are going to give u more space.

Comment

Just be a dick like me. I hardly get any PM's...
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

That's what I'm trying to avoid... I've been getting more and more dickish, and I'd rather not be like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33 View Post
                      I never understood why people feel the need to send PMs asking for help. What do you think is better, 1 person seeing your question, or 5,000? Which one do you think will yeild a faster, more thourough answer?
                      So why have the feature to send pm's then?
                      RETIRED...

Comment

It makes sense when someone clearly knows something, or when sent directly to a certain member (like "go to Accord R33, he knows about the DSM turbo setup!" )

Still, I'll tell someone how to check their CEL, and the next thing you know, I get a 500 word essay detailing their build, asking for my approval and recommendations.

For some people, that's fine. Trev, you and I bounce ideas off of each other all the time, and that's cool. I know you. We've worked up to that. You're not some random guy asking me a million questions unprovoked. I've shown some interest in your projects, and you know I love to see all the neat stuff you pick up... In that case, it makes sense, and is totally welcome.

Yeah, it's cool that they want to share. Yeah, it's cool that they think I know enough to help. Yeah, it's cool that they respect me enough to want to share their build details with me. However, when I get it from a dozen people a week, I end up just ignoring them... or sending generic, useless replies. It's not that I don't care... I just don't have much to say to:

"hey bro i got my f22a in my car and i want to make it faster i wuz thinkin i could do some headers like megan racing and maybe an intake manifold like skunk 2. i got some 19 crome weels on there and i want it to be as fast as it looks. yo wut ecu should i get. my friend said to get a p28 but i dont know what that is do i just plug it in is it some kind of performance ecu or something i know i can make big power with the ecu but im a noob lol thanks for your help"

Honestly, and maybe it's just the counselor in me, but I actually prefer it when people come to me with their life problems. I've talked to a number of the members on here about stuff going on in their life, and I'm always happy to do that. Maybe because I'm more comfortable responding to that... That, or because it's rarely some random unknown person bombarding me with questions and requests for advice...

Comment

In the same boat as you Deev, but you have more volume. I try to help as much as I can, since my volume is manageable, but those that don't take the time to formulate well thought out questions, get minimal response, if any.
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

If I may make a suggestion, should this possibly continue (random sugesstion of CEL issue), be upfront and say not a tech/mechanic/etc and leave at that. You made your suggestion. If the Individual cannot access the problem further, then that's their problem.

As far as the "biographies" being received. Let me guess. From the "Noob Community"?
                            RETIRED...

Comment

Working...
                            X